GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,296 comments
Wonder if C will be SF cars. PD have really been doubling down on overlapping (or close to) tracks/cars... which is annoying to be honest. SF at Monza last week for Nations; Monza at a current TT; DF this week for TT & next week's A; Suzuka in Gr2 was a Daily C and TT at the same time last week.

My guesses:
A - Gr4
B - Gr3
C - SF23

Last edited:
Wonder if C will be SF cars. PD have really been doubling down on overlapping (or close to) tracks/cars... which is annoying to be honest. SF at Monza last week for Nations; Monza at a current TT; DF this week for TT & next week's A; Suzuka in Gr2 was a Daily C and TT at the same time last week.

My guesses:
A - Gr4
B - Gr3
C - SF23
The only oddity would be the pit stop that is required for C, I don't think we have had stops with SF cars before?

The only oddity would be the pit stop that is required for C, I don't think we have had stops with SF cars before?
Yes, while at Suzuka. Couldn't tell ya when that was, but there was a stop required (or tire wear was such that you basically had to anyway).

My guesses:
A - Gr4
B - Gr3
C - SF23
Rolling start for race C so we should discard SF there.
My Guess is Gr.2 with custom slip. It had massive support with all the streamers on Suzuka so that could be the combo

Looks like a week to focus on the single player side of the game and see how much more I can complete...

I hate Fuji with a vengence and Race A, bar one or two races, why bother? Race C might be interesting and it follows the recent form of being a sport race a week or two after a TT on the same track, but turn 1 in a race? Not sure I can handle that! LOL

I don't mind Fuji, but can't say I ever enjoy Monza much as far as racing goes. I'm away for a wee holiday with da wife and da dogs so gonna miss 6 days of the racing anyway

Hopefully get Big Willow the following week - not had that for ages.

Race C is Gr2, I also bet just like others here. In this case, I am curious to see the meta car. The CLK? The Toyota? Or the usual NSX?
This Race C with Gr3 cars is a lot harder than the one from last month. I can't finish higher than 8th. The previous race I finished 2nd or 3rd.
Sounds like your DR probably climbed up since last month (thanks to finishing 2nd or 3rd), so you are paired with tougher guys?

I saw @icycls after a long time. He was on alternate account but I had a suspicion that it must be him. I waited for him to say hi first and he did. :D

Even though the Bathurst race came back rather quickly, I still had fun doing some races as this is an immensely fun track, albeit a very tough one. I think starting on RS and pitting on 4th lap for RM tends to have the least traffic issues at my DR level.

Race C is Gr2, I also bet just like others here. In this case, I am curious to see the meta car. The CLK? The Toyota? Or the usual NSX?

Sounds like your DR probably climbed up since last month (thanks to finishing 2nd or 3rd), so you are paired with tougher guys?

I saw @icycls after a long time. He was on alternate account but I had a suspicion that it must be him. I waited for him to say hi first and he did. :D

Even though the Bathurst race came back rather quickly, I still had fun doing some races as this is an immensely fun track, albeit a very tough one. I think starting on RS and pitting on 4th lap for RM tends to have the least traffic issues at my DR level.
yeah, good to see you again! I sometimes forget which account I'm on and just jump in. Funny thing is, I've been running both accounts here, my main has plummeted to a low A since I got the wheel and my alternate is a high B, so I would have seen you in that lobby either way!

I've been running the GenX and, if I have some space, I can make 6softs work. But that wasn't the race to try it; I had some minor contact trying to defend on the uphill and spun on the bad tires. Which put me way back after pitting and it got worse in the outlap traffic.

So for the next race, I either got demoted to an all B lobby or enough players were coming online. Started P2, finish P3 with CRB. Most of the race was running with a few seconds gap in front and back. I'd say it was boring, except that mountain is never boring! (It's one of my favorites, wish they would give us more day/night transitions to freshen things up)

@newmedia_dev currently using this
• Wheelbase Settings (DD Pro 8nm)
• FFB: 100
• NDP: 25
• NFR: 5
• NIN: 3
• INT: 3

• In-Game Settings
• FFB Max Strength: 8 GR4, 6 or 7 GR2 and GR3
• FFB Sensitivity: 8
Barney, I can't thank you enough for these settings.

They have brought the feel back to where I remember it being, giving the cars a feel of mass which helps with precision and unwinding lock while adding drive out of corners.

I adjusted my Brake force down a bit to 40 which now feels like my alt account braking wise.

Cheers mate.

One from the other day:

Was having a great race until a vengeful GTR got me in the wall at the end. Really wanted that fifth place.

Haven't had my driving mojo on at all today but met, it was you wasn't it brockie? Thanks for the race even though I was total pish 😂

Well if there's been a crash anywhere in Race B, I have managed to be involved. I even got a penalty 😣

Barney, I can't thank you enough for these settings.

They have brought the feel back to where I remember it being, giving the cars a feel of mass which helps with precision and unwinding lock while adding drive out of corners.

I adjusted my Brake force down a bit to 40 which now feels like my alt account braking wise.

Cheers mate.
Awesome 👍 - they were taken from @PirovacBoy 's settings - can certainly feel what's going on with the car (bouncing through gravel and wrecks in my case this week 😂 )

Edit/ had just about given up this week, then managed a P2 and fastest lap - followed by a clean sweep in the next.
191c95b051797-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
It's nice to know that no matter how much time I spend away from the game, I can always count on the reveal of next week's races to:
  1. Piss off some people (although now that I think about it, I may not have see anyone yet that fits this category)
  2. Merely annoy some other people
  3. Elicit plenty of "meh" attitudes
  4. Cause some people to say "Maybe I'll ____ next week"
  5. Sometimes it also excites some people, but maybe not next week's tracks.
And don't ready this too seriously - I just felt like being snarky. Or go ahead and hit me back - I haven't had a good dust-up in a while. :)

Hope y'all are doing OK.

Well if there's been a crash anywhere in Race B, I have managed to be involved. I even got a penalty 😣
I had someone get mad at me in the post race lobby because I crashed on the sweeper at the top of the hill after getting on the gravel and then losing it. He accused me of taking two cars out and ruining their race. Well, it's true, I crashed and I tried for my best to bring the car back in control but then this dude hits me and then hits someone else, so technically, he hit me! :D

I've seen so much action in B this week. I have certainly lost out to crashes that happened in front of me but I did not get mad. That one dude (of who I posted a video of above) was back last night and he was having a go at someone else as well and it got all very dirty and chaotic between them. In that case I think it wiped himself out from 2nd to like 14th and then took others out with him. What an idiot... The trouble is someone else then called me out for being dirty. I was extremely confused, and can only assume that he confused me with mister wipeout here as we both had yellow GT-Rs and were 2nd and 3rd respectively so easy to confuse 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, beyond my first race where I crashed myself and came in 13th the drama with the low ranked DR As allowed me to pick up two 2nd place results by avoiding the carnage and keeping clean myself.

I was thinking of making a video on Race B and how people need to chill... There would be a lot of crash and revenge driving in it!

Last edited:
I’m up for Monza next week, especially if there’s strategy.

Been over on ACC Seasons last few weeks. Worth a try if any of you are curious.

Oh no, Fuji's back in the B slot. I'm on my cousin's computer in Charlotte, NC. It was a long day. We went to his house at about 1pm and had a huge lunch/dinner. We just finished up a few minutes ago. I had to go to bed real early last night. Monza should be fun next week, but what class of cars are we going to use? I hope it's Group 4 cars.

@GrumpyOldMan Yeah, we're doing good. I'm taking a small break from the racing, it's nice not to have to worry about DR/SR and then what kind of drivers I have to deal with out there on the track. Some days I get so nervous my heart pounds fast like I'm running on adrenaline. How are you doing with that durn Covid-19? So, what do you think of Fuji and Monza. Are those your favorite tracks? I know I hate Laguna with a passion even though the scenery is beautiful, the corkscrew annoys me a lot.

I think the quality of the racing for daily B has improved, or the fact that I’m usually at the front means I’m avoiding the anarchy at the back, but can find a new level of crazy at the front 🤣

Got my first win of the week, after starting out Q2.
IMG_8539.jpeg

But I really want to give a huge shout out to this chap for the close but respectful racing. The fact we survived going 2-wide round sector 3 without a single touch deserves a 👏👏

I’m the yellow car.

GT7 | 24-36 Daily B | High praise to this clean and respectful driver who pressured me for first

After this I did one more race. Now I’m getting into higher B rating I’m beginning to see As join the grid. Still managed a 2nd place after starting Q3. But the last lap was a doozy. Went from 3rd to 2nd to 4th and back to 2nd. All the way through lap 4 I’d been consistently in 3rd in a close procession, then it all went crazy…

Last edited:
Up early today to hit my nemesis (damn sardegna) before the kids wake up, watched tidgneys guide, made some notes.

Still can’t get below 1.27!!!! The guide helped me take half a second off and I was on for a 1.26.6 a couple of times and binned it last corner 🤣

The racing is good and fun though, so there’s always that - just need a win to hit 200 👌

Last edited by a moderator:
Up early today to hit my nemesis (damn sardegna) before the kids wake up, watched tidgneys guide, made some notes.

Still can’t get below 1.27!!!! The guide helped me take half a second off and I was on for a 1.26.6 a couple of times and binned it last corner 🤣

The racing is good and fun though, so there’s always that - just need a win to hit 200 👌
Well don't worry, you'll reach your goal if you can practice enough. I believe in you, :)
It's so nice to take a break from the intense racing. Maybe watch a replay slightly better than you? That is, if you can find one or you can look in the showcase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for my last post 🙌🏻

I love the daily C race this week.

The saltyness must be blowing in from the sea, not having a fun time there at all with being punted off 😞
After the above comment and experience, I thought right get your qualifying time down because starting mid pack is doing you no favours.

Last night the missus went out for a curry so got my head down, studied the fastest BMW M6 lap time and got to work.

I musta done over 300 miles around Bathurst last night. After many wall penalties, moments of why did the car just go 90 degrees to the left for no reason and much swearing in a cross between a Brummie and a Glaswegian accent and much manually calming myself down, I managed to get down to 2.00:800s yes that’s not too bad, was 635th at the time.

Fast fwd to this morning, I jump in a race and I’m not really paying attention, I’m in 7th place, put on my mediums, race starts. I get pinched and block after a double block can’t remember who it was, it irrelevant as what happened next blew my mind. I lose like 4/5 places but as these cars come past me I see a quick flash of a name @GOTMAXPOWER and I’m like hang on a min. I don’t get put in lobby’s with people like that, I then look in my mirror and Jack_Naumo is virtually touching my bumper, oh ####…..

Race 1 didn’t go well, Race 2 was the nuts, coming thru the top of the mountain with GOTMAXPOWER on my bumper was a strangely satisfying experience knowing I wasn’t about to get punted in to the wall at any second.

Respect 🫡

Attachments

• IMG_5600.jpeg
    IMG_5600.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5603.jpeg
    IMG_5603.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone! I enjoyed daily race B this week. My quali time is not so good so I started somewhere between p8 and p14 every time. I gained positions in every single race, and gained DR in about half of them. Finishing positions between 4th and 10th.

It's probably just luck with who's around you on track, but all my racing this week was hard but fair. I saw some people taking it out on each other, but luckily not on me. Been run off track at the last corner once, but managed to race back from p14 to p10. As long as people are racing this fair, I don't mind finishing 8th or whatever. This is fun racing! Hopefully I get to experience this more often, this lack of dirty drivers around me.

Next week I'm off for 5 days, so not much racing then.

There it is, 200th win.

Great race where I started p3 gained the lead, got a pen and lost again only to regain and take the win.

The lambo has been an absolute joy to drive, should’ve tried it earlier but for some reason I’ve always hated the lambo - not anymore!

Had some good racing this week, as soon as I landed a 1.26.6xx it was enough for starts in the top 5 and finishes on the podium

Attachments

• IMG_3594.jpeg
    IMG_3594.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3593.jpeg
    IMG_3593.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3595.png
    IMG_3595.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
There it is, 200th win.

Great race where I started p3 gained the lead, got a pen and lost again only to regain and take the win.

The lambo has been an absolute joy to drive, should’ve tried it earlier but for some reason I’ve always hated the lambo - not anymore!

Had some good racing this week, as soon as I landed a 1.26.6xx it was enough for starts in the top 5 and finishes on the podium
Great job on your victory mate. You must have started Sport Mode a little bit before me. Now that you mention it, I may try the Lambo and the Genesis tonight when I get back home.

I jumped onto my old main account today just to see how my times compared to you all as my VR leaderboard only has four on it, myself included.

First thing, is that I can no longer drive flat screen, bumper view. Feels totally weird now, so I put the VR on. I was then able to beat my current PR. I tried the Huracán but preferred the GT-R.

I think I found my limit. A couple thousandths in my times and I can’t figure out how to get into the 25s.

IMG_8540.jpeg

I was nice to see some familiar names. Bar the newbies, it’s gotten quiet on the thread over the summer. Miss you guys.

Edit. Switch to my UK account and tried the Lancer. Smashed my time. Why didn’t I try this earlier?
IMG_8541.jpeg

Edit.

Tried 2 races with the Lancer. Good TT car, but not for racing. Each race, started on pole and went backwards ending 6th or 7th. It loses out to the GT-Rs on the straight, though the euro lobby was pretty aggressive with plenty of side bumping, so that didn’t help.

Last edited:
Back