GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,358 comments
All to often this is my issue. Last night in Race B there was two A+ drivers, me being one of them, 3 or 4 A and the rest B. Second place and lost DR. Most of the top split guys hang out in C and a top 5 finish usually provides a net positive DR gain. Or you bin it downhill on the mountain and watch a whole nights worth of DR go down the drain. cough
So is the way to climb ranks just being super consistent, finishing fast, and hoping you don't get matched with people that are high enough above you that they negate your good performance? That seems tough...

So is the way to climb ranks just being super consistent, finishing fast, and hoping you don't get matched with people that are high enough above you that they negate your good performance? That seems tough...
Yes to being consistent (and clean). :)

No to worrying about those with DR higher than yours. I'm regularly in lobbies with much higher DR and finishing mid or slightly lower, my DR barely moves up or down. Just enjoy the racing and try to hold your own.

It is when you finish bottom grid and everyone above you has a lower DR, that is where the pain is felt! And it's going to happen, don't sweat it.

Good luck!

All to often this is my issue. Last night in Race B there was two A+ drivers, me being one of them, 3 or 4 A and the rest B. Second place and lost DR. Most of the top split guys hang out in C and a top 5 finish usually provides a net positive DR gain. Or you bin it downhill on the mountain and watch a whole nights worth of DR go down the drain. cough
For sure, it's a double edge sword. If a race isn't popular (or one is online at an unpopular time) the DR spread can be huge. It can be nerve wracking being the only A+ in a lobby full of As and Bs. Like, in theory it should be an 'easy' win (though not always the case) but the flip side is should you get taken out T1 or make a mistake, you stand to lose a TON of DR if you finish behind a handful of As and Bs.

Yey - it finally came together 🥳

1725382404415.jpeg
1725382411347.jpeg

1725382448382.jpeg
1725382430083.jpeg

1725382461811.jpeg

Hopped into a race and started in P10 with some very fast drivers in the lobby! Unfortunately, one of them is still on dial up and it caused havoc at times.... Managed to overtake 2 cars and almost finished 7th but was blocked at the exit of the final sprint to the finish line by a slower car (lol) but still happy with P8 considering how fast the ones in front were and also the lagging 😁

Yey - it finally came together 🥳

View attachment 1386223 View attachment 1386224

View attachment 1386226 View attachment 1386225

View attachment 1386227

Hopped into a race and started in P10 with some very fast drivers in the lobby! Unfortunately, one of them is still on dial up and it caused havoc at times.... Managed to overtake 2 cars and almost finished 7th but was blocked at the exit of the final sprint to the finish line by a slower car (lol) but still happy with P8 considering how fast the ones in front were and also the lagging 😁

Nice time man. You're always a benchmark on my list of times to beat and looks like I've got some work to do.

Always a kick in the pants to have a top 200 time and get matched into the bottom half of a lobby

Hi man, welcome to the GT club. The DR/SR is calculated on how many drivers you beat. If you finish better than 7 your DR goes up, if you finish in 8-16th then you DR/SR goes down. If you get penalties in Races B/C, that also affects you DR and SR. Yeah, it gets harder the higher rank you go, that's why I'm staying at a D for now. Did I explain it good enough? Sturk0167 told me you get 80 DR points for each driver you beat in a race.
This is not accurate.

@Famine explains it better.

Mmm... no. It's a straight finish position calculation. You take 80-([Your DR - Their DR]/500) off everyone you beat and you lose 80+([Their DR-Your DR]/500) to everyone who beats you.

There's a couple of minor hacks. It's not possible to win a race and lose DR no matter what the DR difference, and of course there's the whole bonus for advancing a level and penalty for dropping a level (and resets).

Otherwise all that matters is where you finish and the difference in starting DR scores between all the drivers; absent extreme edge cases, the total DR exchange each race is zero.
Basically, if you are high DR and win against a bunch of low DR you may only gain DR up to 4 or 5th depending on the difference of competitors (or not at all). Conversely, if you are low DR, say mid DR B, but racing against a bunch of DR A+ and A (as i was the other night) you can still gain DR in lower spots, say 10th as you gain more DR from the difference calculation.

I gained with this result even though it was 10th as the As and A+s were so much higher DR than me.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240901194024.jpg

Last edited:
Something's definitely up with Race C... I know it's only Tuesday but my quali time (set after 8 laps or so) is in amongst the Top 500, now top 600 circa Tuesday evening. This is not normal.

I'll be clearer when I get home after work but looking forward to seeing how I rank later in the night.

Two races this afternoon and my rustiness was showing, fluffing the pit entry and giving away a perfectly good opportunity for a podium in my first, and having my phone ring at the exact wrong moment, Forest Elbow on Lap 8 in the other! And it was a spam call!! Furious.

Anyway, quite nice starting in the top half of the grid and the racing has been clean and fun, apart from the earlier mentioned scenarios.

Crikey, I’m way off the pace this week, tried the G70 on my break and was amazed I’d taken a whole second out of my GTR time of 1.29.052, got it down to 1.27.2xx but still started plum last at B/S. Pole sitter has a 1.25.0xx and top 5 has low 1.26s.

Not sure if I’ll be competitive in B this week, but tomorrow I’ll try the Atenza just for the heck of it.

Nice too see some times out there @TechnoIsLove nice indeed 😆

Crikey, I’m way off the pace this week, tried the G70 on my break and was amazed I’d taken a whole second out of my GTR time of 1.29.052, got it down to 1.27.2xx but still started plum last at B/S. Pole sitter has a 1.25.0xx and top 5 has low 1.26s.
I had a 1:26.4ish time that put me around 4th or 5th on the grid. Pole sitter was low 1:25s as well which shocked me for a DR B race. In the end it did not matter Because of the "fight to the death" nature of B this week. Best avoided.

B should have been a 7 lapper and not 5. It might have eased some of the pressure of a 10 minute race.

Last edited:
Two cracks at Race B Last night.

First one I got on with seconds to spare, so was completely green on the track. Hung out the back and learned for the first 2 laps then caught the back markers and gained 4 spots.

Second I did some messy qualifying laps. Heaps to be gained but was overshooting in a major way. Started 7th, got up to 4th. Got punted by a Mazda, got back on, caught up, passed the same Mazda, Hung wide at T1 for the Mazda to go sailing straight past and into the wall. If I'd have turned in as normal they were clearly going to use me again as a block to bounce off. Everyone in the chat after was lighting this person up for poor driving.

I don't recall this track at all from career mode, but I do like it.

That's a very narrow pool to gauge performance from.

They might as well just use Sophy to achieve the theoretical ultimate performance for each car.

I think that they look at the spread of performance across a range of driving abilities as part of the process. And if they don't then BoP is never going to work.

At the higher skill levels it becomes diminishing returns as the margins become quite narrow. But across the broader player spectrum things like the 911 is probably the better car than say the Genesis just for drivability. This somewhat counters whether the best car for everyone is the one that an alien can get the best time from.

That said it's all a bit of a black box with so much PD secret sauce mixed in.
I can certainly ask, but last time I discussed BoP with them it was only the testers that had an impact because only the best can get the best out of the cars. If they use the general audience we end up one sided with some cars sort of like if the lamborghini huracan gt3 was absolutely insanely hard to drive but the best could nail a lap would create a weird advantage. I'll see if I can find out what the current process is 👀

@Rossell2 Wow, great. You must mean at Sardegna. The only section I have trouble with is the very first turn and the last two turns before the finish. I might try a couple cars on my own that's not listed on the leaderboard. I'll take Sturk's advice and move the BB to -2 for more stability and smoothness through the turns.

I tried to do a daily race A in the cart today. When the lights turned green, I let go of my handbrake and the car wouldn’t move. It would rev, but it wouldn’t go into gear. It wouldn’t move off the line no matter what I did, it was stuck. I basically stayed there until it timed out and kicked me out of the race.

Has anybody had this kind of quirk before?

@TheNormsk no, it has not happened to me. Maybe it was a bug or glitch. Now sometimes I'll see a driver get stuck during a race and not move. It must be a technical error. I've seen it many times in a year period. I'm surprised PD did not catch it and fix the glitch.

Last edited:
Guess I should never say never. After getting glitched on daily A, I tried B again. Before that this was my glitch. Odd eh?

I ended up doing four races. In everyone I started on pole but I was not able to keep the lead. The first race was dramatic to say the least. Position changes and two crashes in front of me, from cars that had managed to pass with the first putting me back into the lead and the second, on the last corners dropping me from 3rd to 7th. It was calamity but this one was in a fun way because this was high enthusiasm and not just dirty/aggressive driving. Those crashes, where I hit multiple cars in the ensuing pile ups, caused a 41% drop in SR though!

The next races I came across the same bunch of cars, all of whom where driving hard but were mostly respectful in their driving. We had some good back and forth but in most races I would lose my lead around lap 3. I'm just not as fast when in front. I need that rabbit to chase.. In the end I came in 2nd, 3rd and 4th in that order. I appeared to be going backwards in successive races so I called it a night there.

The bump in DR today more than made up for yesterday's disaster and I'm back in the top half of DR B. Still a long way to go to mid DR A (where I was before I switched to VR).

Last edited:
Another daily lesson:

When I take one hour of #lunchbreakracing to do three daily races B, it usually turns out to be a remake of one of my favourite movies:

the good, the bad and the ugly

View attachment 1386451

🫣
One of my favourites too! Unforgiven is up there as well.

Race B, I've had a few 6th to 10th finishes in the Ferrari. Some desperate moves from GT-Rs though - usually a lunge followed by just running you straight off the track 😐

I'd need a 1:25 to be starting on the front 2 rows 😮 so I think mid field is best I can hope for

Hey @Barney Da Dog

So I log into the Dailies after a hard day at work, hoping to relax... What do I see? You improving so much that you are just 0.002 behind me! 🫨😮 Why? Why did you make me go from chill to "OMG panic-mode" after such a workday?! Thought we were friends!

And to top it off, I actually lost 0.2s in Sector 3 of my final QT lap as I would have smashed into the 1:25:5's.... 😞 Will have to do with my current (new) PB from Lap 4 (for now) as gonna race in 8 min... 😁

1725463301614.jpeg
1725463325111.jpeg

1725463335919.jpeg

Hey @Barney Da Dog

So I log into the Dailies after a hard day at work, hoping to relax... What do I see? You improving so much that you are just 0.002 behind me! 🫨😮 Why? Why did you make me go from chill to "OMG panic-mode" after such a workday?! Thought we were friends!
Ha ha, I'll have to try again. I've enjoyed this track since GT Sport - feels great with the new physics - sliding where I never slid before. I did lots of races yesterday, so may try and improve the qualifying time - starting 12th now, but 2 tenths would be putting me around 6th.

Ha ha, I'll have to try again. I've enjoyed this track since GT Sport - feels great with the new physics - sliding where I never slid before. I did lots of races yesterday, so may try and improve the qualifying time - starting 12th now, but 2 tenths would be putting me around 6th.
Did well in the race just now, started in P5 and after some extremely close (and amazingly, fair) racing, I finished in P4 🥳

1725465657011.jpeg
1725465665035.jpeg

1725465686020.jpeg

Apologies for my last post 🙌🏻

I love the daily C race this week.

The saltyness must be blowing in from the sea, not having a fun time there at all with being punted off 😞

So, jumped backed into the GTR again today because im so eager to get a competitive lap time nailed in Race B, but still only managed 1.27.5xx or something but the racing was amazingly clean and respectful. Started p12 ended p7 and the first 7 drivers all had blue B&Ss - 1.26 still eludes me 🤔

Guess I should never say never. After getting glitched on daily A, I tried B again. Before that this was my glitch. Odd eh?

I ended up doing four races. In everyone I started on pole but I was not able to keep the lead. The first race was dramatic to say the least. Position changes and two crashes in front of me, from cars that had managed to pass with the first putting me back into the lead and the second, on the last corners dropping me from 3rd to 7th. It was calamity but this one was in a fun way because this was high enthusiasm and not just dirty/aggressive driving. Those crashes, where I hit multiple cars in the ensuing pile ups, caused a 41% drop in SR though!

The next races I came across the same bunch of cars, all of whom where driving hard but were mostly respectful in their driving. We had some good back and forth but in most races I would lose my lead around lap 3. I'm just not as fast when in front. I need that rabbit to chase.. In the end I came in 2nd, 3rd and 4th in that order. I appeared to be going backwards in successive races so I called it a night there.

The bump in DR today more than made up for yesterday's disaster and I'm back in the top half of DR B. Still a long way to go to mid DR A (where I was before I switched to VR).

Haha, very strange. Made me laugh the way you’re kinda looking around for help!
Did well in the race just now, started in P5 and after some extremely close (and amazingly, fair) racing, I finished in P4 🥳

View attachment 1386531 View attachment 1386532

View attachment 1386533

I may just have to try that Lambo. Satisfying to see someone else’s race, you seem off the throttle through some corners yet so fast 🤔 hehe

So, jumped backed into the GTR again today because im so eager to get a competitive lap time nailed in Race B, but still only managed 1.27.5xx or something but the racing was amazingly clean and respectful. Started p12 ended p7 and the first 7 drivers all had blue B&Ss - 1.26 still eludes me 🤔

Haha, very strange. Made me laugh the way you’re kinda looking around for help!

I may just have to try that Lambo. Satisfying to see someone else’s race, you seem off the throttle through some corners yet so fast 🤔 hehe
Have a play with either +4 or +5 BB, depending on your driving style. The more aggressive you are, the more positive BB you need. I tend to shift from +3 or +4, depending on how my DD Pro feels like acting 🤣 Seriously, it's never the same in between sessions...

Back