Cars that look best in odd colors

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 969 comments
image.jpeg

Here's Aqua Blue, on a recent gen camaro. Not sur eif odd too but, in camaro's you often see yellow, red, white, black, silver...it looks odd on a camaro like this one. The older ones, not so much.
attachment.php

Found a modified Audi here, with this shade of dark blue and, not going to lie, looking good here.
udypybeg.jpg

And I found a BMW M3 E92 aswell, with BBS Gold wheels at that, to bring the combo. Unf.
IMG_1586.jpg

EDIT: Holy...Monterey Blue Metallic on this Murciélago...God..take me...now...
8LA03028-5sm.jpg

HKGySTJ.jpg

Monte Carlo Blue...
fin4.jpg

Okay, I'm ****ing done. Holy crap, no way.

San..Marino..Blue..On this M3 not many people like...
attachment.php

If the car is to have THAT particular color, I'm ordering one if I had the money.

Last edited:
This thread can't exist without MNP.

I've been considering painting my RSX Midnight Purple when I eventually get the respray it so badly needs. Not sure which number this one is (1/2/3), but it's the purple/black one, not the one that's primarily purple or the one with multiple colors. It's between this and a metallic red that Ford is using on their current lineup, but that's not an out-there color so I won't post it.

d8b644a703736b1c31b88f5830fab8f9.jpg

271949270555_0.jpg

8002943864_74a3bc9dcc_b.jpg

And just because I love this angle, here's the multi-colored one:

Midnight+purple+skyline.jpg

I find red is quite an uncommon colour for the LFA.

View attachment 554126 View attachment 554127 View attachment 554128
Red was probably one of the more popular colors honestly behind white, silver, & black. The only other choices were blue, yellow, brown, & a darker red. The optional colors beyond the primary choices were rare & probably only handful of those colors were built, usually on just 1 unique car each.

The LFA though, definitely isn't a car for odd colors. I think white might be the most fitting.

I agree white is the best for the LFA, black being a close second for me, but I think it could pull off odd colors. I just laughed a bit to myself when I first saw that red comment, considering how rare the LFA is to begin with... any color is rare on those, lol.

It's odd, but doesn't really look best on it. A certain odd color + on a car that doesn't get much love - Meh. Depends of the color ofcourse.
The only other car that this particular color is available from the factory on is the Ford Edge and the ford Flex. All three of these cars are from the 2011 model year, if that matters.

51791431.jpg

50441868.jpg

Still meh. I googled the name of the color and my results are more pleasant, not to brag much. Though, same color name, yet loosk diffrerent, in all results I clicked. Go figure.

Got a M6 here, works like a charm. Gran Coupe too.
Front-end-of-2015-BMW-M6-Gran-Coupe-with-Mediterranean-Blue-metallic-as-exterior-paint-color-930x616.jpg

Still meh. I googled the name of the color and my results are more pleasant, not to brag much. Though, same color name, yet loosk diffrerent, in all results I clicked. Go figure.

Got a M6 here, works like a charm. Gran Coupe too.
*snip*
Can't really count the M6 GC here, personally. It's design was so well tailored, that it "suffers" from the same issue as Lamborghinis; it looks good in any color available. :P

Back