Changing emblems on Scion tC. Good or bad?

• Thread starter Threshold
  • 15 comments
Brakefade
I'm gonna be getting my Scion tC very soon. And I was thinking of getting rid of everything that says Scion or has the Scion logo in favor of Toyota logos and emblems. The reason I want to do this is because I'm not into the whole "Scion culture" thing. I think the tC is an awesome car for the price, and i do plan to modify it, but I don't want to turn into anything remotely rice. Which seems to be the trend with almost every Scion tC owner out there. My goal is to turn it into a nice track car, go time attack racing, and have fun doing it.

I'm a big Toyota fan, and I'm always cheering the two F1 Toyotas. I just want to separate myself from the lambo doors, excessive rear down force, hindering ride height, etc.

What would you guys think of a tC with only Toyota logos? Would you consider it bad taste?

-Thanks

I think it'd be just fine. Not alot different than the people with Infiniti G35's that change out to the Japanese V35 Skyline emblems. Just as long as you don't put any Type R badges on it you should be ok ;)

Are they marketed as Toyota's in Japan? If they are then it should be fine.

You car will be mad tyte JDM yo!

I wouldn't call it bad taste, since it technically is a Toyota product. I would wonder why and think it looks out of place on the car if I were to see it on the street, since it is rebadging a car.

Think of it this way, its like putting a Honda symbol on an Acura Integra Type R without doing any JDM Honda Type R body/engine swaps. :indiff:

I have would have no problem doing it...hell I'd recommend it. I'd do the exact same thing with Infiniti, Acura, Lexus, or GTO's. I think it's stupid that these company brand name exists just for the sole purpose of making Americans "FEEL" like they are buying higher luxury close to BMW/Merc/Audi/etc. I blame Honda because they did it first. So rebadge that tC and post some pics of what it would look like!

...I don't think the tC is made or sold anywhere else in the world, so you are going to be hard-pressed to find Toyota emblems that fit the car. Beyond that, the Scion emblem on the liftback I belive in an integrated one, so youre stuck with that one. As for the front, just swap out the grille.

If youre looking to modify your Scion, read this:

Leftlanenews.com
Scion has launched a new accessories program called “Optomize.” The accessory line will enable buyers to personalize their vehicle at the time of purchase with over 150 name-brand accessories. Some brands featured by the Optomize program include Alpine, ARC, Broadway, Detailn Gear, Eagle One, GReddy, Fizz, H3R Performance, Kozak, Levoc, Lonza, Mackin Industries, Meguiar’s, Mothers, Napolex, Pilot Automotive, Racingcode, Razo, Sparco, Street Image, Tein, The Absorber and turn3.

Accessories offered by Optomize will be covered by the individual manufacturer’s warranty and will vary from product to product.

“Scion is about personalization and with Optomize we’re making it easier than ever for owners to customize their cars,” said Steve Hatanaka, Scion accessories operations manager. “We know our customers will be happy with the selection and continue to be creative with their vehicles.”

The program will focus on aesthetic accessories and offer products that tuners can easily install such as shift knobs, rear view mirrors, cell phone holders, and racing pedals. In addition, Optomize will also offer car care, boutique items, Scion clothing and logo goods.

Optomize will launch at participating Scion dealerships in early May.

To each their own but I find it kinda hard to see it done, the car is only sold as a Scion, not like the xB and xA which are originally Toyota bB and Ist in Japan. I just pulled a search for badges on scionlife.com(best Scion site I've ran into) and found a pic of a aftermarket grill which one put a Toyota badge on it. http://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=badge&&start=25
I think I'd have to agree with the second reply under that toyota badge pic, why would you want to go with boring Toyota now? Remember, the tC is NOT a Celica replacement.

p10001293vk.jpg

This would be a very good acceptable option for the grille. I rather like it.

I wouldnt do it....its the only "true" scion. Not being marketed in japan there isnt a toyota version like a lot of their other cars. Id just debadge it...that TRD grille and nothing on the back.

JCE3000GT
p10001293vk.jpg

This would be a very good acceptable option for the grille. I rather like it.
Yeah, but that'd only be acceptable if you actually bought the TRD Supercharger Package.

dropzone
To each their own but I find it kinda hard to see it done, the car is only sold as a Scion, not like the xB and xA which are originally Toyota bB and Ist in Japan. I just pulled a search for badges on scionlife.com(best Scion site I've ran into) and found a pic of a aftermarket grill which one put a Toyota badge on it. http://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=badge&&start=25
I think I'd have to agree with the second reply under that toyota badge pic, why would you want to go with boring Toyota now? Remember, the tC is NOT a Celica replacement.

Good point. The closest thing to a tC in Japan is the Avensis.

toyota-avensis-02-001.jpg

The tC and the Avensis share the same chassis, but not the engine. The Avensis is a Euro spec car, that is also imported to Japan. After researching this I think I'll leave my scion badges alone for the moment. Putting badges on the tC from it's half brother that immigrated to Japan doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. I might just get a Toyota logo air freshener.

I would like to put a TRD badge like that blue tC, but TRD doesn't make turbos for the tC, and I'm definitely a turbo guy. Oh well, guess I'm out of luck like always. :grumpy:

Face it, you want a Lexus logo. We'll call it the TC 240. I suppose Toyota logos and emblems makes a statement of...why'd you kill the Celica? The whole Scion "culture" of the site is quite ridiculous, despite the fact the cars are quite neat without all the trick stuff that you can get the dealer to tack-on.

I still think the tC looks cool though; it could use about 20 hp, but at least the motor's torque band is far more useable in the real-world than the 2ZZ motor in the Corolla XRS and the Matrix.

Why do so many cars in Toyota's recent lineup have that "homely puppy" look?

^ conservative looks for more broad audience appeal.

my friend took his tc badge off the rear and slapped it up front where the trd one is in the pic. but yeah tc is only offered in us. toyota might have an emblem thatll fit the tc emblem on the trunk handle. might want to take measurements and hit up a dealer witha ruler.

The Avensis just looks horrible - reminds me of the US Camry...

I would leave the badges. It identifies the car, and I wouldnt want people staring at your car and confused because it is a Scion but has Toyota badges on it.

Pupik
Face it, you want a Lexus logo. We'll call it the TC 240. I suppose Toyota logos and emblems makes a statement of...why'd you kill the Celica? The whole Scion "culture" of the site is quite ridiculous, despite the fact the cars are quite neat without all the trick stuff that you can get the dealer to tack-on.

I still think the tC looks cool though; it could use about 20 hp, but at least the motor's torque band is far more useable in the real-world than the 2ZZ motor in the Corolla XRS and the Matrix.

Why do so many cars in Toyota's recent lineup have that "homely puppy" look?

Lexus? :yuck:

I just mainly wanted the true identety of the car to shine through, and not be obscured by this whole "Scion Culture" thing.

As for the "homely puppy" thing, I think it was that concept car that showed emotions, that started it all. It was in one of the GT concept games.

Back