• 3 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
wGxjQ0o.png
Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Pace Car Edition '03
wGxjQ0o.png

file.php

The Chevrolet Monte Carlo is a two-door coupé which was produced by Chevrolet through six generations from model year 1970 to model year 2007. It was marketed as a personal-luxury coupe through most of its history, with the last model version being classified as a full-sized coupe. When it was discontinued in 2007, it had outlived many competitors that were either discontinued many years earlier or changed in concept to either a four-door sedan or small sport coupe.

It was named for the city Monte Carlo in the Principality of Monaco, specifically the ward of Monte Carlo/Spélugues.

For 2000, Chevrolet not only again called upon GM Motorsports for design inspiration, but also to Monte Carlos of the past. Among the traits carried over from older Monte Carlos were the stylized wheel flares, vertically oriented tail lamps, and a stylized rear bumper. Another classic trait for 2000 was the return of the "Knight" badging, as well as a full gauge cluster, not seen on the Monte Carlo since 1988. Back again was the Super Sport moniker, replacing the Z34 designation of the fifth generation, which was a Lumina Coupe legacy. At the request of racing teams, Chevrolet stylists added a slight "hump" on the rear trunk - similar to, although smaller than, a Lincoln Mark. It was a distinct trait that stayed with Monte Carlo until its demise, even though later in the generation every trim level would get a spoiler that all but masked the hump. From the NASCAR circuit came the aerodynamic styling and duck tail spoiler.

To keep with the popularity of the Monte Carlo in NASCAR, GM released several Monte Carlos branded as “Pace Cars.” Each year featured a different color and all cars were limited to production numbers, however; all cars did have some things in common. All pace cars received: Galaxy Silver ground effects, Checkered Flagging on fenders & doors, TAZ decals on quarter panels and trunk lid behind the Monte Carlo script. It also has a "Race Inspired" rear spoiler that resembles the look of the NASCAR spoiler, Limited Edition Plaque on trunk lid, Monte Carlo script on the dash is replaced with "PACE CAR", Gauge cluster displays "LIMITED EDITION" below the speedometer where it would say "Apply Brake To Shift From Park," 16-inch Diamond-Cut Cast-Aluminum Wheels, Door Opening Kick Plates Featuring the Monte Carlo Nameplate, and Stainless-Steel Dual Exhaust Tips. Interiors had two tone leather in 2000 through 2002 to match exterior with 2003 being solid black and Chevy "Bow Tie" embroidered headrests. All cars also came with GMs L36 3800 V6 engine.

Specs:

file.php

file.php

...........Not a fan of this particular gen of Monte, but liked anyway. BTW, I thought all the "Pace" editions were equipped with supercharged "Series II" motors....:confused:
Wouldn't be the first time I got it wrong, so don't mind me...

...........Not a fan of this particular gen of Monte, but liked anyway. BTW, I thought all the "Pace" editions were equipped with supercharged "Series II" motors....:confused:
Wouldn't be the first time I got it wrong, so don't mind me...
Well... this is my favourite generation of the Monte Carlo...

Unfortunately Chevrolet started to offer Monte Carlos with supercharged engines only in and after 2004, when there were no more "Pace Car" editions. :indiff:

Last edited:
I have a 03 pace car and I'm loving it! You have any suggestions on adding an extra punch to my baby I'm all ears!

Back