Chikane's 1 Million Mile Journey.

United States
Heaven
I decided to start a Journey to drive my Beloved p1 gtr to 1 million miles in gt7 right now I'm sitting at close to 40K Miles my goal is to stay at an average of 900 Miles per day.

Its a long trip but it'll be fun and I hope to share my experience with everyone.:)
Gran Turismo® 7_20240804134303.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240804134502.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240804134650.jpg

Personally I'd put the effort into getting a job, with some luck you could probably get a real McLaren in the same amount of time as this would take.
I have full respect for all members on GTP and I just wanna be part of this community.

But you don't know anything about my personal life or my heath status to tell me to get a job.

I'm someone that's on disability cause I have heath issue that doesn't allow me to hold a job, On top of that I have arthritis on both my shoulders.

Cause I enjoy playing GT7 that's why.👍:)

I enjoy GT7 too but I don't want to spend the equivalent of a full time job every single day for 3 full years driving one car over and over again. There are other games and other things to do in general.
And I fully respect the way you play GT7.

But this is my why of playing gt7 and I enjoy myself.

What's the problem?:cheers:

Edit @TumeK5 I'm no 900 miles is more then 1 hour at SSX

Last edited:
I have full respect for all members on GTP and I just wanna be part of this community.

But you don't know anything about my personal life or my heath status to tell me to get a job.

I'm someone that's on disability cause I have heath issue that doesn't allow me to hold a job, On top of that I have arthritis on both my shoulders.

Cause I enjoy playing GT7 that's why.👍:)
Ok first of all, I want to be really friendly here and not rude. Is your disability physical? Or mental?

I had a friend with Asperger who was obsessed with closing gates in Oblivion (what were they called again?). He'd tell me he once again closed all 140+ gates in a new game mode. Although he enjoyed it some people had to have a conversation with him to tell him it's an obsessive disorder and it's not really a great way of playing such games.

He genuinly thought he was doing some incredible feat and normal people he felt distanced from would cheer for him and accept him for this stuff. But no one did, on the contrary.

I think that conversation helped him a lot. He now enjoys a variety of games and doesn't have an urge to do really mundane tasks which might seem to give a sense of accomplishment which really it doesn't or to impress others.

Again, I don't know your disability and I genuinely don't want to come over as a rude person, but please reconsider this idea. Driving a millions miles in a virtual car is not okay, we as GTP members should not encourage it because doing this day by day for over 3 years is not beneficial at all, especially if there will come a moment where you wish to stop but think you need to fulfil a promise to some unknown Internet users.

If you would like to talk to me for clearance without doing it in public you can always DM me.

Edit: for example the post above. No, you will never reach the Guiness Book of Records.

Last edited:
So, I’ve watched a number of YouTube videos about video game speed runners. These people will play the exact same level… sometimes just a portion of a level… for hours, days, weeks, months straight all just so they can go 1 single frame faster than the record. 1 frame! That is a fraction of a second faster on the level.

Relating that to GT7 it’s as if someone said they want to be the fastest on leader board of a specific track’s CE.

Now, if someone came on this board and started a thread about how they are making it a mission of theirs to be the fastest driver around the Mt. Panorama CE and was going to dedicate the next 6-12 months doing it, would we think that person is crazy? Likely no. Not all of us would want to do it, but I think many here would likely want to subscribe to the thread so they can keep tabs of the person’s progress.

Chikane_GTR has taken it upon himself to do a different type of challenge. It’s not a speed challenge. It’s an endurance challenge. Who are we to say that spending countless months trying to go just a fraction of a second faster around a single track is okay, but driving a single car a million miles is not?

Best of luck to you @Chikane_GTR in your journey. I hope you get to the million mile mark in your P1 in less than 3 years.

So, I’ve watched a number of YouTube videos about video game speed runners. These people will play the exact same level… sometimes just a portion of a level… for hours, days, weeks, months straight all just so they can go 1 single frame faster than the record. 1 frame! That is a fraction of a second faster on the level.

Relating that to GT7 it’s as if someone said they want to be the fastest on leader board of a specific track’s CE.

Now, if someone came on this board and started a thread about how they are making it a mission of theirs to be the fastest driver around the Mt. Panorama CE and was going to dedicate the next 6-12 months doing it, would we think that person is crazy? Likely no. Not all of us would want to do it, but I think many here would likely want to subscribe to the thread so they can keep tabs of the person’s progress.

Chikane_GTR has taken it upon himself to do a different type of challenge. It’s not a speed challenge. It’s an endurance challenge. Who are we to say that spending countless months trying to go just a fraction of a second faster around a single track is okay, but driving a single car a million miles is not?

Best of luck to you @Chikane_GTR in your journey. I hope you get to the million mile mark in your P1 in less than 3 years.
Subscribe. Why on earth would anyone even care. You want to mindlessly run around the same track over and over, and then read about it. Excuse me while I go watch some paint dry on the wall.

Personally I'd put the effort into getting a job, with some luck you could probably get a real McLaren in the same amount of time as this would take.
You might be able to afford a wrecked one after three years of having a job, with some luck.

I decided to start a Journey to drive my Beloved p1 gtr to 1 million miles in gt7 right now I'm sitting at close to 40K Miles my goal is to stay at an average of 900 Miles per day.

Its a long trip but it'll be fun and I hope to share my experience with everyone.:)
View attachment 1378244

View attachment 1378243View attachment 1378242
Good luck with this, I don't think a McLaren is the right machine for it though. To be honest I'm amazed you've got to 40,000 miles without it breaking down. Maybe something like a Honda Civic is more realistic? 😉

I'd be quite tempted to change the units to kilometres to make it easier to reach a million of something, I am curious what the game does when the odometer gets there, in theory it should loop back round to 0.

Now I think of it I wonder if anybody has got their Sambabus to a million miles yet as it sails through the air at 2 billion miles per hour 🙈

You are especially a very nice and friendly part!
We all should respect the way others play and enjoy this game, because we all have bought it to get some fun out of it.
Having a job and a family, I have sometimes felt jealous of those who can invest more or easier time in the game than I can. When you get to know people better, you realize that most things have a reason that isn't nice (usually illness or loneliness). However, achieving self-imposed goals is always something nice. Whether in a game or IRL. Have fun on your journey to the point where the odometer jumps back to zero my friend!

These extreme challenges seem absolutely over the top for many that can't spare as much time as they want on GT. I wouldn't be too harsh or personally offended by some cynical seeming comments.

For me the post about getting this amazing car after some years of work doesn't take itself too serious.

But all in all i go with the comment above mine from MUC76. Have fun!

And please tell me what races and challenges you use to drive this car mostly!

These extreme challenges seem absolutely over the top for many that can't spare as much time as they want on GT. I wouldn't be too harsh or personally offended by some cynical seeming comments.

For me the post about getting this amazing car after some years of work doesn't take itself too serious.

But all in all i go with the comment above mine from MUC76. Have fun!

And please tell me what races and challenges you use to drive this car mostly!
When I need credits I grind Spa 1 hour, Le man 30 minutes, Sardegna the big 4 I mostly use my p1 for those.

In custom race I have a 30 minute all p1 race on SSR which is my favorite since it always comes down to the end in which car is gonna win.

I also have a 1 hour le man (no chicane).

In free run I just drive whichever track I'm in the mood for.:)

Last edited:
@Gingerale has left a very good comment in here that I’d recommend you to take good notice of.

In the end, do as you please but the plan you’ve laid out here is an absolute waste of time and quite incomprehensible. It’s not even a notable achievement. I remember in January 2023 when you did your first online race, have you done any more since then? Why not do that instead? Viewing your case from the outside, I’d see you doing only 100 online races (or even a mere 50) as more of a feat than these million miles you speak of.

View attachment 1378244

View attachment 1378243View attachment 1378242
You're an animal, my friend! Whatever you do, don't let a goal like this get in the way of your mental health - this would drive me literally insane.

If the fun stops, stop. No one here is going to hold you accountable for this, so look after yourself! I'd be trying this in the Carrera GT if it was me (because I LOVE that car) but I'd drop at least a zero off the end of that target...

Back