Chile Hit By 8.8 Earthquake

• Thread starter Alex.
  • 42 comments
Um, climate change is completely natural as well, been going on in cycles for billions of years (i.e. before man ever existed,) but there's another thread for that.

I was referring to the man-made climate change when I said it wasn't completely natural. Before we came along, yes, it was completely natural.

Thanks, Earth. I needed you to save me! I'm gonna go run to the church, repent, and not question why the Bible is the only right religion ever again!

Hello GTPlanet. I tought i must write something here since I'm from Chile. There has been a lot of aftershocks and the death number is now over 150.

I don't know what else to say and how to structure it, if you want to know something else just tell me.

Sorry for my english, its far from perfect.

PS: I'm okay :D I wouldnt be posting here if I wasnt

Thank you VERY much for the update from Chile. I'm glad to hear things are returning towards normal in Santiago and I hope that the destruction is not terrible closer to the center.

I'm also glad to hear you are fine (and your English is very good also). I hope your friends and family are OK too. Good luck to all of Chile in this.

I was referring to the man-made climate change when I said it wasn't completely natural. Before we came along, yes, it was completely natural.

So humans all of a sudden are unnatural? Man-made climate change is unnatural, but only because it's a fabrication.

Let's please keep this thread for news and updates about the Chile situation, rather than continuing the unnatural-global-warming question here, since there is a thread for that.

Thanks to all. 👍

Thank you VERY much for the update from Chile. I'm glad to hear things are returning towards normal in Santiago and I hope that the destruction is not terrible closer to the center.

I'm also glad to hear you are fine (and your English is very good also). I hope your friends and family are OK too. Good luck to all of Chile in this.

Thanks :) my family and friends are all ok as far as i know, my grandma lives in country side 200km from where I live and some parts of her house were destroyed, thats the only material damage that im aware my family suffered.

As alex said the death toll is over 700, there was a tsunami in the south and that destroyed the city a little more.

In Concepcion there was a loot in a supermarket (or.. in all supermarkets), theres a curfew (i dont know if thats the correct word, i googled it and i could be very wrong, sorry xD) so people are staying in their homes (if they didnt lose it)

In Santiago the situation is getting better, the supermarkets opened altough from what i hear people are looting them too, im not sure. The petrol stations are closed because everyone filled their tanks and the ones that are opened are full of people (sadly, my car is empty :ouch: ). There's still some parts of the city without electricity. There are buildings that were built like 2-3 years ago and they collapsed (they didnt fall, and people from those buildings are ok) because of that there is polemics between the government and "building companies"

There was a last aftershock in the morning, like 9 am local time, after that there havent been any more aftershocks (or I didnt "feel" them 💡 ) so people is getting calmed.

Thats the update I can bring now, the death toll will surely raise as there is a lot of missing people.

Let me know if you want me to tell you anything else

Thanks for the update. Curfew is the right word, and looters should be shot. Not arrested, but shot. I know you can't really do that, but there are few crimes lower.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Curfew is the right word, and looters should be shot. Not arrested, but shot. I know you can't really do that, but there are few crimes lower.
The worst part of the looters is that they are getting things like LCD screens and electronic stuff. I can understand desperate people getting food, water, milk etc... but not things that they dont need.

Also I forgot to mention that 290 prisoners escaped from prison in Concepcion.

Death toll is 711 now.

The worst part of the looters is that they are getting things like LCD screens and electronic stuff. I can understand desperate people getting food, water, milk etc... but not things that they dont need.

That's why they should be shot!

Back