Clicking noise through controller during gameplay?

• Thread starter Henway
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
Is there any meaning to it? It seems to coincide with my better lap time beating me vs. my current place on the circuit or other stuff. Also my R2 accelerator briefly goes to 0 resistance every once in a while. Are there meanings for this within GT7 gameplay or is this the controller doing stuff by itself?

Haptic feedback, as it's known, is an intentional feature, introduced in the DualSense, emulating the feel one would get from pressing a pedal in a real car. Depending on what's going on in the braking/accelerator input, the trigger will vary in resistance accordingly.

Can't say any more on the subject, as from day 1 I've used the right stick for brake/throttle, just like in older games.

Last edited:
I've noticed this occasional "hiccup" in haptic feedback from time to time. I don't know if it is meant to indicate something that just occured, or if in fact it is simply a glitch or hiccup that isn't meant to indicate anything.

@Henway I have exact same issue. The 'clicking' appears before nearly every online race during the warm up screens, sometimes during a race, and very rarely in single player (more subtle and much reduced in this case).

As for the throttle trigger giving way, I'm still unsure whether it's race related. It doesn't ever seem to happen on straights, but there's some consistency in that it does happen when the wheels are going over uneven terrain, so that would suggest some kind of software problem.

I don't mind it. 🤣

Back