Closest race you've ever had?

• Thread starter Dagger311
  • 74 comments
Holy crap... Probably the best win I've ever had at the 24 minutes of Le Mans... Somehow hit another car in the pit entrance and didn't get to refuel for my splash and go I needed to finish the race. While I was driving through the pits one of the Pescarolos blows by to take the lead.

I'm down to like a quarter of a tank of gas on the last lap and I barely manage to snag the draft off of him to try to conserve fuel. Stuck right to the back bumper through every major straight away before finally making a pass in that little switch-back section right before the pit entrances. Got in front of him with like that last little chicane to go and tried to gas it. I snuck through the chicane and the engine goes dead... I ran out of fuel and coasted across the finish line as he went to pass me back... 24 minutes of Le Mans and I won by .09 seconds... What a rush!

Not a race, but I did win a pole by just .011, nobody in that lobby could believe how close that was.

I had a pretty good online race two days ago. Me in my RX-7, the others had Lancer X and a Subaru Impreza WRX STi. I was chasing down the Impreza guy like hell through the Green Hell, until he made a mistake. At around half of the lap done, I finally overtook him, and one of the Lancer's was chasing me down. From that point on, he never went more than 1 second behind me. On the long straight, Döttinger Höhe, he closed the gap pretty good and he overtook me, but I hung me onto his back. Then, at the last twisty corners, he got a bit wide and I dived down the inside. The drag race to the finishing line had started, he was on my right. I knew I had a better exit. I was a tiny bit faster, but it wasn't enough. I lost by 0,018 seconds, but it was the best online race I had :)

.001 split
Ascari Full Track.jpg

.000 difference online on SSX. 2nd the whole race and pulled a whole second back on the final straight and took the lead on the line.

I mean did the game acknowledge the tie by saying you both came first, or did it say something else? On the results ranking screen.
It was during a split screen match, and it put player 1 in the first place box, and player 2 in the second place box.

Today I was racing online in NASCAR just me and one other guy fought back and forth for the lead the whole race, last lap going into turn 3 at Daytona I took the outside line and hung with it, out of turn 4 I was in the lead by the nose of the car and barely started to pull, we started bumping each other towards the finish. It ended in a win for me by .014 of a second.

My first online race,(I mostly stick to grinding as I am building my garage up) but I wanted to hop on the line to have a go. So it's the nurb 24 hr layout, 2 laps no boost. Haven't been on the track in a while and definitely didn't adjust my car properly. A bunch of shlubs some Audi and my mclaren, he crushes the straights and knows his lines, about 1/2 way through lap1 I'm down 7 seconds, I bear down, relax and think lets just race clean, he went spinning and I saw it on the map, ok let's go, I caught him after carousel we hit the straight and zoom zoom he's gone. :grumpy: Well now I have a lap under my belt and can let the McLaren loose, I crush him on the GP section and jump to a huge lead in the early stages of the north loop. I'm up 5 seconds now! Obviously we aren't the cleanest of racers. So I go for it, let's leave this sucker in my dust. I brake too late hit the curb at the apex and off-roading I go, 🤬! I see his ugly mug in my rear view and know he is going to crush me down the back straight, and I mean crush me. So I know I need him to miss his braking point and I need to kill it, He does and I jump on it, almost by him, let's go! He leans in and I hit him as we make the final turn home, 🤬🤬🤬, come on got on the throttle , throttle you mother 🤬, THROTTLE!!! Ugh, .032 seconds off the mark for a thrilling second place. :banghead: Most fun I've had being a loser in any GT.

Won by 0.42 seconds today on Monza 80`s, when racing factory stock cars. An intense last lap, and boy did I enjoy it! I drove an Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6, and my competitor drove a Mitsubishi Eclipse. One of the best races I`ve had so far in GT6.

Sunday night I lost a race at the Daytona road circuit by just 0.008s. I pulled up to the leader side by side down the final stretch. The rest of the field all finished within about 7 seconds from the leader. It was a thriller!

Had a few good ones, but tonight was with someone only 1.2 seconds behind me @ Monaco in a 97T race. Have never seen someone match my times there with a 97T and realized I had to up my race pace and creep into hot lap territory for the last three laps. Dude was up my anus out of nowhere. I broke into the 1:16s there tonight during practice, but normally put up 1:17s/low 1:18s during a race...or fast enough to stay ahead/make a gap quickly, then back off to race pace again.

Needless to say, I was pissed that someone is basically right there with me at that track in the 97T already. The race finished and we go back to the room screen. Said other driver goes back out onto the track to practice for the next round and I note that he is using SRF and had the boost on. He was on a G27 wheel, too...with SRF... Anyways, he shut it off and wanted to go at it one more time as it was a close race. I don't think he understood how much SRF cheats for you. SRF on - he did 1:17s and finished 1.5s behind me. SRF and boost set to off - couldn't touch 1:20 and I pulled away by 37 seconds in seven laps. He was the man, though. We friend requested each other and will surely go at it again. I don't care if he uses srf. Just want a good race...but also wanted to see how much srf helps at Monaco. Apparently...a LOT haha.

This made me very upset, at High Speed Ring.

IMG_4804.JPG

I was going much faster than the McLaren. If the line weren't so close to the last turn and centered in the straight I would have easily won.

This made me very upset, at High Speed Ring.

I was going much faster than the McLaren. If the line weren't so close to the last turn and centered in the straight I would have easily won.

You're from Jessamine County, KY? I used to live in Wilmore, JMoney!

I came first on the "Like the Wind" event at the Indy 500 circuit and won by 0.008 but the game counted it as 2nd!!! It really quite angered me! :banghead:

Photo 24-07-2014 14 58 14.jpg

Ryk
It was larger than I expected - considering I thought I had lost. Physically it was a couple of inches on the line... I guess I was pulling about 140mph or so.

If every race were that close they would have to ban the game for creating too much high blood pressure in the youth of today.

Sugar, Fat and GT6 : The fatal combination.
But most of the time the AI drives like he is drunk. DONT DRINK AND PLAY!

Had the same thing happen to me. Won by .002 secs and got 2nd place credits. I admit to saying a few cuss words after that happened.
That is idiotic( had the same bug) , Actualy in online racing the data (that is traveling at the speed of light) is taking about 50 miliseconds to travel from one side of the earth to the other(Without the PS3's proccesing time) so close online battles are quite hard to create.

I once skipped a pit stop in the GT6 Willow endurance race. I was in the KTM crossbow (custom) and I had just caught up to 1st place, which was a Pagani Hauyara. It pitted and i had to skip in order to overtake. It was catching me the entire lap, and on the last corner I ran out of fuel. At which point I rolled all the way to the finish line just before the Hauyara caught me.

I was doing the Red Bull Standard at Trial mountain.
On the final lap, I was in 2nd.
I was locked into an intense battle for the lead with this other RB.
At the last second, I came from behind and overtook him just in time to take first. :)

i have had a few recent crazy ones.last week i was having a F430/Scuderia/458 VS Gallardo race around modern monza and first lap,first turn me & 2 of my friends went 3 wide through the first half of the chicane!!!!
Last night me & a few friends were doing our weekly JGTC series,this week was Indy Road Course and i'm running a RX7,my friendly Rival Dylan was a IS Lexus.Well in the 90 minute race i pitted with 10minutes left.i got 25L of fuel,RS Tires.i tried to catch Dylan.i closed to within a second of him,if i stuck to my original plan & pit at the 15 minute mark i think victory would have been mine

Back