Confused

United States
United States
AMS_Redline
i was looking at pictures of cars from GT5 and i stumbled apon this picture

i see that these are 2009 cars (wing instead of spioler)
also all of the cars in the picture are unobtainable in GT5
the cars that i have circlde seem to be colored different colors than the original car.

any ideas?

Last edited:
There was a thread about it a while back. The cars never made the game is all I recall? I think maybe because by the time GT5 finally came out. Those cars were no longer current?

The drivers do look like GT5 models so *shrugs*
Presuming this is infact from GT5, perhaps the models were held back for the next game as a sort of nostalgia event?

Incidentally - NASCAR cars look mad with a wing :lol:

Yes it's from an older GT5 trailer, by the time the game finally game out they had switched to 2010 models.

Can we still drive 09 Nascars? I don't think we can but I would certainly like to drive a 09 Nascar and not the Jeff Gordon all the time when I'm doing dirty nascar.

but why are some cars painted different colors?

Cars often have different liveries depending on sponsorship & charities. It would be difficult to have every variant in the game & I think PD used the most common livery for each car.

Just a friendly correction here. The correct term is NASCAR cars. Using the term NASCARs is incorrect.

And yes, those cars are from an earlier trailer and those cars and certain paint schemes never made it into the game.

Cars often have different liveries depending on sponsorship & charities. It would be difficult to have every variant in the game & I think PD used the most common livery for each car.

Maybe when the trailers came out they where still dreaming of a livery editor, that would have been fun with nascars.

Just a friendly correction here. The correct term is NASCAR cars. Using the term NASCARs is incorrect.

Actually, not only does Social Norm take precedence (especially on Internet Forums), but even in a grammatical manner, I believe it would be frowned upon to use 'NASCAR cars', because of the breakdown of the actual acronym; you wouldn't use the term 'car' twice in a sentence. I wouldn't claim I owned a stock car car. Due to this, as well as the fact that there are many divisions of NASCAR, the grammatically, and politically, correct way would be to describe the specific division, which is why the term is 'Sprint Cup Car' or 'Cup Car' for short. In the world of GT5, there is only one division, which is why 'NASCAR' can, and does, accurately describes a single class of the car, of which we know to be an actual Sprint Cup car. Thus the plural of NASCAR would then become NASCARs in common use. This term is even further accepted due to the fact that 'Sprint Cup Car' is an ever changing title, due to sponsor ship changes, where once upon a time, it was a Winston Cup Car. The English dialect, is an ever changing 'being' that both develops and adapts to create a unified understanding in the most efficient and coherent manner possible.

:ill:

Actually, not only does Social Norm take precedence (especially on Internet Forums), but even in a grammatical manner, I believe it would be frowned upon to use 'NASCAR cars', because of the breakdown of the actual acronym; you wouldn't use the term 'car' twice in a sentence.

Well, people/broadcasts say things like "NHL hockey" or "NFL football" on specific occasions, to further denote that it is a particular type of that sport, so while cars are not exclusive to the NASCAR racing series, NASCAR's Sprint Cup series is entirely comprised of cars. Sort of a recursive acronym? On the other hand, there's redundant examples like "PIN number" and "VIN number", of which the "N" in both cases already stands for number.

It makes enough sense to overlook it, since there's also NASCAR drivers, tracks, logos, and other assorted (and Official™) blah blah yada yada stuff. No need to make a big deal out of it.

If Social Norms any had any serious precedence on the internet, 90% of the comments on YouTube wouldn't exist, because normally, a fight would break out, or worse...

I don't follow it at all but since NASCAR is the association calling them NASCARs doesn't make sense to me. They're cars of the NASCAR business.

I usually call them NASCARs because "NASCAR cars" sounds stupid. And its easier to type.

What else can we say?

Lets go stock car racing.. Awesome so..stock Ferrari's?

Lets go race some Cup cars.... Sorry don't have that little piece of junk.

Lets go race NASCARS... YEA MAN LET ME GRAB A BEER FIRST!

Well, people/broadcasts say things like "NHL hockey" or "NFL football" on specific occasions, to further denote that it is a particular type of that sport, so while cars are not exclusive to the NASCAR racing series, NASCAR's Sprint Cup series is entirely comprised of cars. Sort of a recursive acronym? On the other hand, there's redundant examples like "PIN number" and "VIN number", of which the "N" in both cases already stands for number.

It makes enough sense to overlook it, since there's also NASCAR drivers, tracks, logos, and other assorted (and Official™) blah blah yada yada stuff. No need to make a big deal out of it.

If Social Norms any had any serious precedence on the internet, 90% of the comments on YouTube wouldn't exist, because normally, a fight would break out, or worse...

Having worked in the Automotive industry for years, I can tell you, that at the Dealerships we don't use 'VIN number' we ask you for the last 8 of your VIN. The same applies when you go to the bank, (the ATM has it written as well) the teller doesn't ask you for your 'PIN number' they ask you to 'enter your PIN'.

Adding 'Number' to the end of the acronyms mentioned above is still grammatically incorrect, and is not what I would consider social norm, but laymen's terms, to help define a term that people outside of the 'car' or 'banking' communities wouldn't otherwise understand. If the Laymen's term comes to be social norm, than so be it. But even so, this point would only further promote that the 'laymen's term' NASCARs, is still more socially acceptable than 'NASCAR cars'.

The fact that NASCAR has alternate vehicle types, (Trucks, Cars, Modifieds, etc) further dictates, that 'NASCAR Cars' would not be used to correctly identify the actual car, but to correctly identify the division of NASCAR.

There are 3 major series in Nascar
1 Sprint Cup ( the cars in this game)
2 Nation Wide ( basically same car body different weight HP and length)
3 Camping World (trucks)

There are series that are also involved at smaller venues.
Whelan,Super Modified etc,etc.
So in a nutshell there it is.
Nascar is the league so to speak and there are your 3 divisions.

Here is a needless link but it has some good questions and answers.
http://www.jayski.com/pages/faqrace.htm

@Adrenaline: Everything you say just makes sense. I wonder why that is? :lol:

Cmon on!!! where are you with the typical hopping on the %*&^

lol.... oh man.

I agree with this though adrenaline. No arguments from me.

Last edited:
I'm not confused as to why the '09 cars weren't included, I'm more confused as to why Michael Waltrip's car didn't make it into the game. All they needed to do was update it to the 2010 version with the rear spoiler and such.

I'm not confused as to why the '09 cars weren't included, I'm more confused as to why Michael Waltrip's car didn't make it into the game. All they needed to do was update it to the 2010 version with the rear spoiler and such.

Because a 2010 Michael Waltrip car would look really silly, since he didn't race full time in 2010?

Back