Confused

I'm not confused as to why the '09 cars weren't included, I'm more confused as to why Michael Waltrip's car didn't make it into the game. All they needed to do was update it to the 2010 version with the rear spoiler and such.

What I was trying to get at before as well! They should have included '09 I'm sure a lot would like it.

I'm going to withdrawl in defeat simply because I can't find one example off every site you just named to prove what I grew up seeing, and have read in multiple books growing up. I would very nearly bet something dear to me that it wasn't always separated like that, and as far as can be proved without searching the Library of Congress, I'm going to concede the point. But c'mon, that HARDLY invalidates every single thing I said up there, does it? And normally I wouldn't have used such a dismissive post towards you to make myself feel better, I TRY to think before doing such childish things, but I'm leaving it there because "Sorry, this alone invalidates your entire post." is absurd and deserved it, and it should serve to remind me not to lash out like that in the future. But I do apologize, for possibly being incorrect (not being able to prove it is just as bad as being wrong, I suppose) and for snapping like that.

I accept your defeat. I can also assure you, that stock car has been two words, since at least the late 1940's. So unless you are 79 years of age or older, I doubt you saw or read the term 'stockcar'.

Not only have I read it, I've discussed it with childhood friends, industry aquaintences, and pondered it uselessly and endlessly since childhood. That personal memory is why I'm ALMOST positive I've seen it "that way" officially somewhere in the past. And no, I'm not 79, and have never been to the hotel where NASCAR was founded, never visited any "famous" garages other than Richard Petty's, but at 47, and a life-long fan of NASCAR, I've seen quite a bit. Just pray if you will that I NEVER find an authentic document I can link to here :lol: it's all in good fun, hope you know that:cheers:

A simple google search will provide, pictures, newspaper articles, and advertisements from 1947 that all include the term 'stock car' not 'stockcar'. So, /shrug.

EDIT: ALL that being said, even in "National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing", neither Car nor Auto is used in any way to determine the actual vehicle being contemplated. Stock Car is saying the cars in question are not modified (although of course by now, and indeed, almost immediately following the founding of the Association, that description became null and void), and Auto is a descriptive for "Racing", and thus not a noun at all in that usage. So while I have no problem seeing "NASCARs" such as used in this post, "NASCAR cars" IS, and SHOULD BE the gramatically correct way to actually say what you mean.
And Cargo Rat, wherever you are, stop laughing (heaven forbid at this point I use "laffing", to denote a tongue-in-cheek attitude about the whole thing, as it SHOULD have been), you started all this.

You're continuing and I'm growing tired, so I'm going to make this simple. A complete sentence consists of a noun and a verb. Regardless of the sentence in question, car(in isolation) is a noun. A word that describes the noun is an adjective. The mistake you're making is assuming that NASCAR is an adjective, because it describes the car, to which you are incorrect. NASCAR in isolation is also a noun, because it is an association, and does not specify a specific type of car, therefor does not qualify as an adjective. At best, you can use it as a pre-position modifier, (potentially a determiner, but common day linguist no longer consider them adjectives) but unfortunately in this case, the modifier is not specific to the term in question, because there are many 'NASCAR cars', of which do not include Trucks, modifieds and whatever other specific types of classes NASCAR actually possesses. Regardless, 'NASCAR cars' is an all inclusive term, of all 'cars' included in NASCAR, like Nationwide, Sprint Cup, etc. In order to be grammatically correct, you would need to use an alternate method of dictating what type of car, the car is. The grammatically correct way, is 'Sprint Cup' Car, because that's the accurate adjective for the noun in question. So, no, you are still wrong.

Good day sir.

A simple google search will provide, pictures, newspaper articles, and advertisements from 1947 that all include the term 'stock car' not 'stockcar'. So, /shrug.

You're continuing and I'm growing tired, so I'm going to make this simple. A complete sentence consists of a noun and a verb. Regardless of the sentence in question, car(in isolation) is a noun. A word that describes the noun is an adjective. The mistake you're making is assuming that NASCAR is an adjective, because it describes the car, to which you are incorrect. NASCAR in isolation is also a noun, because it is an association, and does not specify a specific type of car, therefor does not qualify as an adjective. At best, you can use it as a pre-position modifier, (potentially a determiner, but common day linguist no longer consider them adjectives) but unfortunately in this case, the modifier is not specific to the term in question, because there are many 'NASCAR cars', of which do not include Trucks, modifieds and whatever other specific types of classes NASCAR actually possesses. Regardless, 'NASCAR cars' is an all inclusive term, of all 'cars' included in NASCAR, like Nationwide, Sprint Cup, etc. In order to be grammatically correct, you would need to use an alternate method of dictating what type of car, the car is. The grammatically correct way, is 'Sprint Cup' Car, because that's the accurate adjective for the noun in question. So, no, you are still wrong.

Good day sir.

I did my best to end this pleasantly, but whatever

I did my best to end this pleasantly, but whatever

Would never happen. Even if he is wrong he will just paragraph you to death and the little guys on his nuts will agree with him essentially leading you to defeat, Even if you weren't wrong in the first place.

That being said, He isn't wrong often. And I will have to assume he is correct in this matter.

And THAT being said. Who cares about all of this. All that research for an argument on a forum that will not effect you in any way, except the holy grail of acceptance for some, known as GTP.

So anyway, I am glad they decided to ditch the cars with the wings. To me, they are hideous.

Would never happen. Even if he is wrong he will just paragraph you to death and the little guys on his nuts will agree with him essentially leading you to defeat, Even if you weren't wrong in the first place.

That being said, He isn't wrong often. And I will have to assume he is correct in this matter.

And THAT being said. Who cares about all of this. All that research for an argument on a forum that will not effect you in any way, except the holy grail of acceptance for some, known as GTP.

So anyway, I am glad they decided to ditch the cars with the wings. To me, they are hideous.

True nascar with the wings looks ridiculous but with a little twitching it will find its place in GT5

I don't see any irony.

Its actually a problem with people searching for popularity on a forum, not really ironic at all.

/thread for me also. :)

Last edited:
Back