Corsair pursuing acquisition of Fanatec

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 111 comments
I'm likely going to start saving up for some SiMagic equipment in the fall. I just don't know whats going to happen and I don't want to be left holding the bag if something breaks. I've been waiting for Fanatec to release some hydraulic brakes, but at this point, I'm done waiting. My Sigma adapter for using SiMagic equipment on PS5 arrived the other day, so I've already dipped my toes in :lol: It was a fun 10 years of supporting Fanatec.

Jerome

Last edited:
I'm likely going to start saving up for some SiMagic equipment in the fall. I just don't know whats going to happen and I don't want to be left holding the bag if something breaks. I've been waiting for Fanatec to release some hydraulic brakes, but at this point, I'm done waiting. My Sigma adapter for using SiMagic equipment on PS5 arrived the other day, so I've already dipped my toes in :lol: It was a fun 10 years of supporting Fanatec.

Jerome
Keep us posted how using an adapter works. I’m not opposed to jumping ship as my Fanatec stuff starts kicking the bucket.

FWIW…I finally got my replacement (purchased by me) v3 loadcell from Fanatec today. Took almost 5 weeks front to back - from when I first reached out to them

Keep us posted how using an adapter works. I’m not opposed to jumping ship as my Fanatec stuff starts kicking the bucket.

FWIW…I finally got my replacement (purchased by me) v3 loadcell from Fanatec today. Took almost 5 weeks front to back - from when I first reached out to them
Will do buddy, for sure. 👍

Jerome

We'd like to share some further updates and improvements at Fanatec. Your satisfaction remains our top priority, and we appreciate your continued patience during this time.

On restructuring:

On Monday, we notified the District Court in Munich of a restructuring project in line with the German Act on the Stabilization and Restructuring Framework for Companies (StaRUG), as described in the statement published here: https://endor.ag/2024/06/03/endor-ag-notifies-restructuring-plan-according-to-starug/?lang=en

We wish to emphasise that entering the StaRUG process was our last resort to avoid bankruptcy, after all other options were rejected by the lending banks.

On Corsair:

Exclusive negotiations with strategic investor CORSAIR® was described in this update: https://endor.ag/2024/05/15/endor-a...ions-with-strategic-investor-corsair/?lang=en

We want to assure you that decisions are being made with the best interests of the Fanatec customer in mind, ensuring long-term stability for the company.

Due to the ongoing discussions, we cannot provide further details right now; there are currently no changes to daily operations, and work continues as normal.

On shipping backlog & customer support:

We are aware of the backlog in our tech support queue which has occurred due to the large number of backorders that recently shipped to customers who are now setting up their products.

From experience, we know that over 50% of support questions we receive are answered by our FAQs, chatbot, and quick guides and manuals, so we encourage you to check these resources.

We are making great progress with onboarding our new customer service partner, which will improve our scalability to handle these situations of increased short-term demand.

In the US region, we are now 'overpacking' shipments, meaning that orders containing multiple products are shipped in one box (when possible).

This makes shipping more cost-effective and is also helpful for customs with shipments to Canada.

This is a test phase that we want to roll out to all regions in future.

Processing for in-stock items is operating normally in US, AU, and JP, and the turnaround time for EU is improving each day - with the backlog in the EU warehouse more than halved since last week.

This means that estimated shipping speed stated for each product on the site is realistic, and usually faster for regions outside EU.
Thank you to everyone for your patience.

We're working hard to improve our services and we are making important strides to lower the backlog every day.

We wish to emphasise that entering the StaRUG process was our last resort to avoid bankruptcy, after all other options were rejected by the lending banks.
There were multiple offers from a group around Jackermeier and one independent (and credible) investment group, they were all rejected (Source in german: https://www.presseportal.de/pm/174745/5792901, the site belongs to dpa).
Looks to me like Endor is not interested in saving the companies...

Jerome
I’ve just started my transition to Simagic after my CSL Loadcell brake pedal bricked itself following the most recent firmware update. I have a set of P1000 pedals on the way, then once I’ve saved up a bit more, I’ll grab myself an Alpha Mini wheelbase and GT Neo. I more than was willing to stick with Fanatec until that happened.

Last edited:
If you're interested in Jackermeier's rantings (including his take on the "saboteurs" inside Fanatec) (link found on Reddit): https://www.wallstreet-online.de/tools/postingfilter#in:all;u:888423
Of note is this: https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/gsm/registerHABM?DNR=015021542-0001

Looks to be a replica of the Porsche Vision GT Wheel.

1719786339618.jpeg

Ugh.
Its been quacking like a duck for over a year now. And by duck, i mean, nasty destructive dudebro infection.

And while i can appreciate the story being bent from his angle much of it smells about right from my experiences.

Unsurprisingly, i have a deep burning hatred for the effects PE’s have had on actual business. Buncha worthless vampires..

A quick summary, found on YT, of this shambles:

Based on the comments below, it seems Thomas (assuming this account poster is him) regrets doing that previous interview with Kireth.

Belma Nadarevic is responsible for the communications disaster surrounding Black Friday and everything that damaged sales as a result.
By the way, it was also her idea to do an exclusive (!) interview with this YouTuber Kireth. This YouTuber in particular has caused extreme damage to the brand and sales.

Not sure who is in the right here and obviously everybody plays their own side of the story, but the past 6 months have been interesting and dramatic to say the least.

The info regarding Corsair’s previous interest in acquiring Fanatec is most interesting here. As a long time generally satisified user, I give TJ a lot of respect for vision but clearly some of the mgmt issues are on him - trust or lack of focus issues or whatever. But clearly seems to me some shady maneuvers going on beyond just financial stabilization. I hope he prevails in this Game of Sim-Thrones drama

They’re all making it very difficult for me to stick with Fanatec for the long term. If something happens to my CSL DD while this is going on, then I may just go with a different brand. Repairs and shipping will be in the hundreds of dollars range anyway.

Hmm, sadly there is no "open source" hardware that will be compatible with consoles. All the "good" stuff is proprietary technology/ip...

The anger stage of grief?
I can certainly understand why he's upset. But blaming others for the failure of his own company (which in my view has been run for years as if it were a couple of dudes in a garage) and inventing far-out conspiracy theories (he seemingly believes that Fanatec was 'infiltrated' by 'saboteurs' working for Corsair) is a bit too much.

Back