Corvette saved because carjackers can't drive manual.

• Thread starter Grayfox
  • 62 comments
Considering there are laws against how much window tint is allowed to be applied, I'm sure this also counts as an obstruction and thus a danger to other drivers.

I do not know the U.S road laws but I am sure you have to have a clear view of traffic from your windows when you want to merge into traffic.

EliteDreamer
Considering there are laws against how much window tint is allowed to be applied, I'm sure this also counts as an obstruction and thus a danger to other drivers.

Grayfox
I do not know the U.S road laws but I am sure you have to have a clear view of traffic from your windows when you want to merge into traffic.

Not illegal to have it. And Window tint laws being what they may police don't really enforce it that much at all.

I had limo tint (aka 5%) on my car i had a year or two ago and got a speeding ticket but didn't get a window tint ticket. Depends on the officer though.

They can write you a ticket for having a bone stock car with the stock rims and tires being a low profile (which some manufacturers do have right from the factory) if they want to but once again something that isn't enforced.

Anyway the video is real no question.

It was on many car blogs too.
Here's one http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/02/teen-that-crashed-dad-new-mustang-gt-to.html?m=1

Believe it or not. And the car wasn't going fast enough to do a tremendous amount of damage anyway. And plus it went through a garage door and stopped on the other side. Sooo yeah.

Yea...

I thought every car with a standard transmission needs the clutch to be pushed all the way in, before you start the engine.
Only when it's in gear. If you start a car without using the clutch and the car is still in gear, you're in for a nasty surprise. But you probably already know that. :D

Only when it's in gear. If you start a car without using the clutch and the car is still in gear, you're in for a nasty surprise. But you probably already know that. :D

every manual for a fair few yrs now in aus ive driven has needed clutch pushed in whether in gear or not to start Aus built, Japanese built, German built all the same.

On which car?

If you put the car in gear you need to disengage it by using the clutch to start the car, unless the car as this feature on it that does this for you.

Well when you start the car, the cars in neutral. Unless you leave the car in gear when turning off? Clutch is only for engaging gears. Not for on/off.

I leave the car in gear it is good practice as if the handbrake fails, what is to stop the car from rolling?

Well when you start the car, the cars in neutral. Unless you leave the car in gear when turning off? Clutch is only for engaging gears. Not for on/off.

Cars sold in the US generally require the clutch to be pushed in, regardless of gear. And most experienced drivers will leave the car in gear in case the hand-brake fails.

How I drive/park manual:

When leaving, leave the car in 1st.

Then, before turning it on, push clutch in, put it back into neutral (other foot firmly on brake,) then turn it on.

Fail-safes prevent incidents, guys. Incidents like damaging a brand new Shelby.

As for the Corvette, is Mr. Bean worried about the wallet and mobile phone he lost? :scared: :ouch: Bank cards, credit cards, licenses, health cards... That must suck!

I leave the car in gear it is good practice as if the handbrake fails, what is to stop the car from rolling?
👍

www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=8062029#post8062029

Although I know for sure that I have put the car in first gear. It's an automatic thing I always do when I park the car. I don't have a clue how the gear lever popped out of first gear. My car only started rolling backwards about 15 min after I left the car.

Last edited:
Yet another reason to buy a manual transmission. This has happened before, too, I heard a story where car theif ruined the clutch in about 5 minutes in a car he tried to steal, and another where a good samaritan actually hot, in the car and tried to teach a carjacker how to drive.

Also, doesn't Mr. Bean drive a yellow Mini, or has he upgraded?

"Here, here's how you drive my car away. Do it like this." :odd: Seems a bit strange.

It wasn't his car, he thought that the person was having trouble driving their own car, if I remember correctly. It was a while ago.

Except that the car thieves had a gun with them. Chances are you wouldn't want to upset them in any way, so Mr. Bean was just following instructions.

Not in this instance, no.

But, referring to the story Beeblebrox237 mentioned, I still found it odd. And funny. Shall we say, "oddly funny?"

I loooove reading these kinds of stories because it just proves that criminals are idiots.

I don't know what's funnier; the fact that the carjacker couldn't drive stick, or the fact that the owner's name was Mr. Bean. :lol:

Last edited:
This reminds me of a guy near here who tried to steal an Audi R8. He could drive stick, but when he took it to a gas station it wouldn't start. He filled it with diesel.

I loooove reading these kinds of stories because it just proves that criminals are idiots.
Criminals that get caught, you mean.

It seems to be the reason why criminals are criminals; smart people can get good jobs. Idiots... not so much.
Hardly. There are plenty of idiots that can get decent jobs and plenty of brilliant criminals.

Hardly. There are plenty of idiots that can get decent jobs and plenty of brilliant criminals.

Idiots that get decent jobs: Dan Greenawalt :lol:

Brilliant criminal: the ones who manage to somehow make up for/learn from their mistakes.

Back