CSL Elite randomly disconnecting from Playstation.

• Thread starter pburford
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have had a CSL Elite for about 2.5 years and have been very happy with it, however just recently it has started to randomly disconnect from my PS5. I have ensured that the CSL Elite and PS5 are directly connected to mains sockets, that the USB cable has no fraying and there is no tension on the cable. None of this has solved the problem and now its at the point that as soon as the game (GT S/GT 7/ACC) starts sending FFB data to the wheel it will disconnect within 60 seconds.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so do you have a solution, at the moment I cannot race at all and I'm going slowly mad ;)

Thanks in advance

P.

That might be a rim-base connection issue - AFAIK FFB stops on Fanatec's bases if it can't sense a Fanatec rim is attached.
Hmmm, the rim is firmly bolted to the wheelbase and I can steer for the short time before the PS5 reports the wheelbase has disconnected.

I'll check further and check the wheel pins etc.

Thanks for the tip.

P.

Ah, my bad - I misread it as only the FFB stopping. The whole base disconnecting could be a USB port issue - on some Fanatec bases the ports are only kept in place by the solder connecting the pins to the PCB, so that might be worth checking out, especially if it has seen many connect/disconnect cycles.

Yes. Don’t know how much until they have taken a look.
How did things end up? Asking because my CSL PSE has just started to mess up on me and I don't want to waste $ shipping it to Fanatec from the states just to find out its going to cost almost as much as a new CS DD. Mine is showing handbrake engagement pulsing on and off but I have never even owned a handbrake. It's so fun constantly going into 360 spins

How did things end up? Asking because my CSL PSE has just started to mess up on me and I don't want to waste $ shipping it to Fanatec from the states just to find out its going to cost almost as much as a new CS DD. Mine is showing handbrake engagement pulsing on and off but I have never even owned a handbrake. It's so fun constantly going into 360 spins
I shipped the CLS Elite to their UK repair centre, they have replaced the PCB and are now shipping it back (total time about a week and half) total cost to me £105 (including cost of postage to Fanatec). Expecting delivery tomorrow.

Back