img.php

Complete, Results & Photomodes here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8303630#post8303630
Thursday 21 March @ 19:30 UTC
3:30pm US EDT / 12:30pm US PDT / 7:30pm GMT / 8:30pm CET

img.php

Car:
Nissan CUBE EX (FF/CVT) '02

Note: If you don't have the car but want to race, let us know, as people probably have spares to gift.

Car Regulations:
Tuning: Prohibited
Comfort Soft Tires

Allowed: oil change, engine rebuild, chassis restoration, wheel rims, & paint
"Tuning Prohibited Explained"

Race Regulations:
All aids off except ABS (driver's choice)
tire wear on (normal)
damage light
slipstream weak
grip real
penalty off
boost off
visible damage off
race end timer set to maximum (3 minutes)

Tracks:

Made Up Speedway (Eifel circuit)
madeupspeedwybywat3rm370n.jpg

Time Settings: 07:00 start, time progression 25 (weather: 0/0/0)
Currently shared on PSN: wat3rm370n
Currently shared on PSN: redshifting

Motegi Superspeedway
motegisuperspeedway.jpg

Daytona Superspeedway
daytonasuperspeedway.jpg

Indy Superspeedway
indysuperspeedway.jpg

Victory Hunter Speedway (Toscana tarmac)
victoryhunterspwybywat3rm370n.jpg

Time Settings: 18:00 start, time progression 3
Currently shared on PSN: VCRC

Note: If you don't have the Motegi track, but want to race, you can participate, and simply skip the Motegi race.

Race Procedure:

Participants expected to arrive at or before scheduled arrival time.
There will be a vision check, to ensure that racers can see each other on track.
To reduce issues, some say rebooting the ps3 and clearing cache immediately before joining the lounge may be helpful.
Mics will be disabled in the lounge for the event in hopes to reduce connection problems for all.
There will be grid start (not rolling start) to prevent lag crashes during the countdown.

Informal Qualifying:
1 timed lap @ Made Up Speedway (Eifel circuit)
All drivers to spread out during qualifying.
After finishing 1 timed lap, drivers park on right side on main straight & wait for race start.
Race #1:
7 laps @ Made Up Speedway (Eifel circuit)
Fastest First Grid Order
Race #2:
7 laps @ Motegi Superspeedway
Reverse Grid Order
Race #3:
7 laps @ Daytona Superspeedway
Reverse Grid Order
Race #4:
7 laps @ Indy Superspeedway
Reverse Grid Order
Race #5:
7 laps @ Victory Hunter Speedway (Toscana tarmac)
Reverse Grid Order

Flat points based upon race participation.
(ie: 8 cars, 1st place gets 8pts, 2nd place gets 7pts, etc.)

Rules:
GTP OLR Rules
  • Please familiarize yourself with these rules prior to the event.
  • You are expected to race clean & fair, and to behave like sporting gentlemen at all times. Dirty driving is absolutely forbidden.
  • All rules & general track etiquette, is to be exercised during any Qualifying Period. "Informal Qualifying" means there will be no roll call, and no one should expect to have the track to themselves while others wait. However, drivers are expected to spread out. There should be no "pressuring" during qualifying as this is NOT racing. Leave a gap during your out-lap from the car ahead of you, so that you do not disrupt the ahead car's timed laps, and will not be accused of taking advantage of someone's slipstream draft. Courtesy should be exercised when you finish your timed laps, to allow others to finish theirs. Park well away from the racing line, preferably in a spot that is significantly apart from the racetrack boundaries.
  • If you cause a contact, you must make contact concessions. ie: no bump-passing
  • Failure to make contact concessions will result in a post-race penalty concession. (ie: you will be placed below that racer in the results)
  • Bump drafting is widely accepted on ovals, and is sometimes used on straights. However, drivers should exercise caution and thoughtful judgement before employing this in technique in regular race tracks. Bear in mind that not all of your fellow racers may be of the same mind when bump drafting is appropriate, and some might find it distracting or unwelcome. It should never be done near a brake point. When in doubt, do without!
  • Caution must be exercised when re-entering the track after an off-road excursion caused by any reason.
  • Carless driving, recklessness, & aggressive risky maneuvers may result in post-race penalties, and will certainly result in your fellow racers being ill tempered. (Recklessness includes maneuvers such as "dive bombing the inside" - for more information on cornering rights, consult the GTP OLR Rules linked above.)
  • Retaliation, "payback", & monkey-see-monkey-do rule flouting will not be tolerated.
  • The in-game penalty system is switched to off to prevent ghosting, with the understanding that GTPlanet racers do not need the in-game penalty system to follow posted track rules. Shorting the track is strictly prohibited, must have 2 wheels on the tarmac (or rumble curbing) - this includes "going wide", off-roading in the grass or dirt, or using tarmac outside the parameters of the track, is forbidden.
  • Harsher post-race penalties are imposed for violations occurring on Turn #1 of any race, because of the fact that races are rarely won on the 1st turn, but sometimes lost there. Patience should be the top priority at Turn #1 of any race. In some cases, special Turn #1 race procedures will be implemented. Always review the "Race Procedures" section of an event description.
  • For a comprehensive look at what is generally considered good track etiquette, check out "The Good Racecraft Guide", for a more detailed explanation of guidelines GTPlanet members have in mind when we say "clean racing".
  • In case of any incident involving a crash or rule violation, please review the replay before drawing conclusions. Note the time and location of the incident. Try dialogue with the other driver first with Private Messaging. You may report the incident via Private Messaging, with details, in a timely manner (ie: soon after the race), if warranted, so an appointed steward &/or the race director may review the incident. (You may report incidents, even if they do not appear to warrant penalty, if you have any questions, or if you think the matter deserves the attention of the race director & stewards.)
Race Director: watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
Race Steward: YOU!
All racers are expected to be stewards - of good racing & rule adherence!
Save replays in case you are called upon!

Race will be hosted in the VCRC Lounge,
add PSN: VCRC

Note: This account is just the club lounge account. It will rarely be signed on.
Get the FR in a.s.a.p. to assure acceptance in advance of racing.
In order to check the league lounge, you must click on the coffee cup,
and wait for the room content list to present.
No yellow people icon will show, even when the room is full.

Also please note that all club communication should be done through GTPlanet,
and not directed toward the PSN acct, as nobody checks messages there often, if at all.

Last edited:
CUBES @ OVALS Sign-Up Registry:

Friday 22 March @ 23:30 UTC
7:30pm US EDT / 4:30pm US PDT / 11:30pm GMT
(Saturday @ 12:30am CET / 7:30am AU WST / 8:30am JST / 10:30am AU EDT)

img.php

1. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Super Red V & Samba Green Pearl
  2. AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Calypso Red
  3. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 / Paprika Orange Metallic
  4. cbcvabch / cbcvabch / blue
  5. doodlemonoply / doodlemonoply / tba
  6. Peelster1 / Peelster1 / Beam Gray Pearl
  7. MSTER232 / MSTER232 / orange
  8. flesxruoyxllik / flesxruoyxllik / Brilliant Black
  9. aceboy127 / aceboy127 / blue
  10. Phouchg / xNikodemusx / yellow & black
  11. Angryeater / Angryeater / tba
  12. .
  13. .
  14. .
  15. .
Thursday 21 March @ 19:30 UTC
3:30pm US EDT / 12:30pm US PDT / 7:30pm GMT / 8:30pm CET

img.php

Complete, results here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8303630#post8303630
  1. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Super Red V & Samba Green Pearl
  2. AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Calypso Red
  3. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 / Paprika Orange Metallic
  4. MSTER232 / MSTER232 / orange
  5. cobrius / cobrius / Lime Green
  6. cbcvabch / cbcvabch / blue
  7. Peelster1 / Peelster1 / Beam Gray Pearl
  8. jackargent / jackargent / Seabreeze Green Mica & Chrome Orange Metallic
  9. John Wells / johnwells69 / Sunshine Yellow & red
  10. m8h3r / m8h3r / tba
  11. doodlemonoply / doodlemonoply / tba
  12. tezgm99 / tezgm99 / Amaranth Pearl
  13. Sonygamer455 / djdman455 / Silver Chrome
  14. TDZdave / TDZ-4-12-14-88 / tba
  15. BooyakaDragon / Booyaka91 / tba

Last edited:
I'm interested in these "Brick Battles".

Colour: Calypso Red

I can also make both days

Last edited:
Awesome! the cubes are back :D:D I'll dig up my old cube again then. ^^

Sign me up for thursday, don't know about friday yet.

Cubes are back. Hooray! And don't worry I haven't sold it yet xD .

Boxes on circles!
Bricks in bends...
:sly:

We tested the 2 custom tracks today. 👍
The toscana tarmac is quite flat for a toscana tarmac.
There's nothing special at all about the eifel circuit - which is why I'd named it Made Up Speedway.
Both are nice & wide and pretty much oval. But since we have the custom tracks that are not 100% perfect ovals, I adjusted the tire restriction to Comfort Softs to make for more speed & grip through the turns. So you'll have to purchase those.

Cubes are back. Hooray! And don't worry I haven't sold it yet xD .
Shall I pencil you in?

I still remember that photo but by now I forgot which one I was driving at the time. And no "thinking outside of the cube" this time guys :dunce: .
I think you were the orange? I was yellow of course.. a bit tight on the inside there. ^^

And yeah thinking outside the box got a bad reputation in that series. ^^

Welcome!

And yes, no thinking outside the brick... :ill: :lol:
It did get a bad reputation last time.

20120829daytona02%20copy.jpg

ohmy.gif

MSTER232 was your car the passionate pink one? :)

20120825motegi07%20copy.jpg

Thinking outside the cube :lol:

You stay in that cube tongo!! :lol:

20120829daytona06%20copy.jpg

Shall I reminisce again here now about GT4, and when I did the driving mission... and learned the secret of why NASCAR drives around in circles!
I had no idea about the slipstream & drafting before I did the cube mission in gt4. I didn't know how much strategy was involved in "turning left". :lol:
In all the years I worked in advertising for an automotive company... nobody bothered to tell me about this... and I simply thought the NASCAR was just about spec cars driving around the speedways in huge gaggles. :lol: :guilty:
I think still there must be many many people who don't realize what's going on in these races. I can't be the only one!

Sign me up for this :D:tup: The Thursday race might be cutting it a bit close for me because I get home from school about 15 minutes earlier. Fridays race I will make it. I'm 100% sure.

You stay in that cube tongo!! :lol:

Shall I reminisce again here now about GT4, and when I did the driving mission... and learned the secret of why NASCAR drives around in circles!
I had no idea about the slipstream & drafting before I did the cube mission in gt4. I didn't know how much strategy was involved in "turning left". :lol:
In all the years I worked in advertising for an automotive company... nobody bothered to tell me about this... and I simply thought the NASCAR was just about spec cars driving around the speedways in huge gaggles. :lol: :guilty:
I think still there must be many many people who don't realize what's going on in these races. I can't be the only one!

*Walks out of cube* :sly:

About the missions...I never knew what to do on that.

Welcome Doodle :)

No super laggy starts at Indy this time I hope :lol:

Are you up for it again tez? ^^ :)

And yeah that laggy start at the one Indy race last year was bizarre & annoying. :ouch:
That's totally why we're going to do a vision check, and I'm going to completely disable mics in the lounge for this race.
And as much as "rolling start" seems to make so much sense on ovals... I think we ought to stick with a standing start. Because I think the internets do not like the rolling start very much.

20120829indy19%20copy.jpg

Thanks for sending me an invite to this via my member page. Sign me up for both full events. I do not have the car though, so if you could send me one that would be great! If you want a car in return, that's fine. (Or if you want it back after the event.) I'll send in the FR as soon as I get a chance to get on my console. I'm also going to confirm my attendance while I'm here. If I sign up for something, I will attend.

Last edited:
@ Peelster1
Welcome. And send a FR to PSN: VCRC
For the race of course, to enter the lounge.
And I'll check later to see if there's a spare cube on that acct. And if there's not, I'll send you a FR from another acct where I have a spare cube.
(I think I have at least 2 spare cubes lying about my accts.)

I will definitely be there for Friday. Still have the same cube from last time.

Put me down as a reserve, If I can get home in time and I have the vehicle I will attend,

I would like to participate ... however time wise Thursday is very very tight for me ... if it's ok to miss the first race & join in after that I should be ok.

You may also put me down as a maybe for friday .... it's later than i usually race but i do think it looks like fun.

If anyone needs a car let me know - I will be happy to dupe you one.

Terribly ugly car though - almost makes the panda look good!!!

My design team are currently working hard to try & come up with a colour scheme that makes it look vaguely presentable...failing that they may just go for something ridiculous!

Last edited:
@ MSTER232, tezgm99, TDZdave, Sonygamer455
- which times or both?

RE: possibly missing a race...
It's OKAY to join late or miss any of the races, as grid order really makes little difference anyway.
So lateness - okay, skipping Motegi cauase you don't have it - okay, leaving early - okay.

Reserves (maybes) are in gray.

Terribly ugly car though - almost makes the panda look good!!!

:P
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7096209#post7096209
At Jack:

That would be Giorgetto Giugiaro, the man who came up with the Panda also stylized the Delorean, Lotus Espirit S1, Ferrari 250GT Bertone, Chevy Aveo, and the Hyundai Pony.

I have researched these Pandas, as if my research of K-Cars wasn't already a waste of my brain cells.
:lol:
I'm TOTALLY going to do another Panda race. :lol: :sly: :D
20120515pandaitalianjob43s.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~

But back on topic... The cubes are pretty neat in the slipstream.
I think they create a really square draft. :lol: :dopey:

20120825daytona09%20copy.jpg

Last edited:
Updated the OP to include all the track maps. 👍

Here are the custom tracks:

Made Up Speedway (Eifel circuit)
madeupspeedwybywat3rm370n.jpg

Currently shared on PSN: wat3rm370n
Currently shared on PSN: redshifting

Victory Hunter Speedway (Toscana tarmac)
victoryhunterspwybywat3rm370n.jpg

Currently shared on PSN: VCRC

I often change the shared track on my own acct (because I trade tracks lots), so if you miss "Made Up" while it's shared there, or you're not on my FL, it'll still be shared on PSN: redshifting - which I check once a day. So add that.
If anyone would care to volunteer to also share Made Up Speedway?
I'm always near the limit of my personal friends list, simply from hosting Clean Lo pp Shuffle in pub lobbies.

On Made Up - the slightly sharper turn is the last turn before the straight.
On Victory Hunter - the slightly sharper turn is the 1st turn.
(Both are right ovals. Which should make an interesting contrast from turning left at the 3 standard ovals. ;))

Now:

I'll be in the VCRC lounge for awhile now testing/practice for cubes or cosmo. (Depending on who shows up & what they want to do.)

Back