Current State of GT7 has made previous Gran Turismo games Irrelevant?

• Thread starter Miroku
  • 5 comments

Has GT7 made previous Gran Turismo games Irrelevant in current state?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Canada
Canada
So just wanted to see the opinions of others on here.

I used to always argue that GT5 still was a more complete game when GT Sport and GT7 came out due to them lacking a lot of tracks and cars.

However, now with all the updates in GT7 I really see don't the point of GT5/GT6 anymore apart from just doing a comparison or nostalgia.

Pretty much all the tracks I love are now in the game. The same can be said about the cars.
Of course there is still a few things I'm hoping for like Midway or Motegi, but as for cars...honestly anything else is a bonus since I'm never feeling like I'm missing anything I'd want to use since I'm more of a Japanese car fan.

I have GT5 and GT6, but for me....I don't see myself ever going back to play them in the future anymore.

I'm pretty much undecided.
If you're like me, a kinda nostalgic fan of GT, GT5 and 6 aren't irrelevant at all.
I still play those games regularly.
But otherwise, yes they are.

It might come as a surprise, but Gran Turismo 5 and Gran Turismo 6 are not the first games in the series, sidestepping entirely the question of whether GT7 has achieved feature/content parity with them (moreso 5 since 6 is so lacking in terms of "create your own fun" after the server shutdown).

And while I'm hoping not too send to many people into fainting spells with such revelations, I'll also note along those lines that a not-unsubstantial portion of the fanbase doesn't consider "being better than GT5 or (especially) GT6" to be too terribly impressive of an achievement in the first place.

Last edited:
With the regular physics changes, glitches, pp updates, leaderboard resets and absolutely nothing challenging in offline content; GT7 has quickly become irrelevant to me. Occasionally I dip my toes into the online B race, and that's about all.

Yesterday I loaded GT Sport to do the Lewis Hamilton Challenge again. GT7 doesn't have anything that requires that level of pace.

Edit: I forgot to mention the woeful AI driving behaviour in GT7. Anyone who drives like that in real life would immediately be banned from racing. They are infuriating. Why would PD allow something so bad in this game?

Last edited:
And while I'm hoping not too send to many people into fainting spells with such revelations, I'll also note along those lines that a not-unsubstantial portion of the fanbase doesn't consider "being better than GT5 or (especially) GT6" to be too terribly impressive of an achievement in the first place.
To me GT2 was the pinnacle, because
1. it was better than GT1
2. I didnt know of any other game that felt close to the same during its era (I didnt like the old NFS or Ridge Racer)
3. + had the same amount of tracks or cars available
4. I didnt play any GT until GTS in between
5. neither GTS nor GT7 were/are able to kill the joy that my nostalgia glasses make me believe to remember
6. there are not many games of old that I prefer to newer versions or like them just as much, but these games tend to be different in more ways than just graphics or level of simulation. eg do I like Diablo 2 much more than 3 or 4 for its simplicity and speed, or Fallout 1 and 2 for being a totally different game than 3 and newer

No, of course not. They're all completely different experiences with mostly completely different sets of content.
5 and 6 are probably the worst ones to focus on because they're the worst, having had their online services shut down and only remain with half a game.

1-4 are timeless games to go back to and 4 especially is seeing a massive resurgence with the release of the Spec II mod.

Back