Daily races rant

• Thread starter razzzpkr
  • 48 comments
Romania
Romania
Hello racers,
First of all I race for about 3 months. I think I am above avarage and try to race cleanly...Before yesterday I was dr c sr A...now I am D dr b sr after 4 miyabi races.
This change to daily races...people do not know how to race in one day...the races were a total carnage...awful. i am not compaining about not having time to mastet a track I complain about the fact that for clean races people need more time. In rl taces have time to prepare.for a race to know the track feel the car...etc....this change maybe whould be possiblrle after half a year when people kbow all tracks not now. I hooe PD read this and change something or I will sell the game and maybe play Iracing because I love so much racing i evem bought a wheel and t3pa pro pedals.
I hope we make this post very big so PD will see it
Thanl you a fellow racer

Same here - my experience from yesterday was awful - it is really hard to keep your SR not to mention boost it. I'm currently at SR B and I was having some really nice clean races in the last couple of days before this change - people were really familiar with the turns and knew where and when to break. However, now the situation is a bit different and every race is havoc - everyone's just rushing to race without spending proper time getting to know the track and I think this is completely normal because little to no people can spend 8-10 hours daily playing and mastering the track (cause you only have 24h for racing and memorizing the breaking points and turns.

I agre 100%. I play 2-3 hours a day. I have a wife and full time job. Today I will learn a track quickly and start last and just finish the race to get my sr up to a again. It is hard because my ego...i am not the best racer but with practice I am at least a c/b player....hopefully more people will write here and PD will see I am so fed up

Yesterday were just 3 aweful races.

Nxx always mean slippery tires and misjudging of braking distance.
Small Kyoto Gr.4 is just too many cars on a too small track and sadly a track where if you don't follow the ideal braking line it will cost you a lot of time.
Gr.3 at BB raceway I didn't even try but I can imagine it would be a crash spectacle.

The good thing with daily races though is that if you had a bad car/track combo like yesterday it will be replaced in a day. But that is also the sad thing when you find a really good combo like 2 days ago Gr.4 and Gr.3.

I see no problems, I have been playing racing games for the past 25+ years.

If you don't know a track you don't have time limits on learning it by using qualifying or arcade mode, Also there are plenty of things that aid learning a track (Driving line, Corner cones etc) add to the fact that there aren't even many tracks to learn.

Daily means daily, Anything less than changing them every day is misleading and a lie, They aren't called weekly races you knew what you signed up for.

I'm on the same boat here, playing 2-4 hours after work doesn't come even near to mastering the track. Im DR B / SR B but if the races keep going that way my SR would definitely go down.

You play for 25 years...some people just got into racing...keep daily but add weekly also..really just think a little all over other forums people rant about this change. Good that Iracing is still great

I did a lot of SM races yesterday and I think only two or three people per race didn't know the track well. The crashes that did occur were due to the tracks and cars, rather than experience and general skill. Kiyabi is way too small for a high number of high powered cars and BB is just too unforgiving if you don't keep up with the high pace; it's easy to crash by just slightly missing the optimal line.

One of the biggest problems with all of these races is the number of laps. A higher number of laps with pit stops would spread the field and make people drive more safe and less aggressively. It would also sort out the really good drivers as consistency is the hardest thing to pull off in longer races.

Today's races seem more fun again :

* N300 (Audi TTS) at Nurburgring GP
* Gr.4 (garage) at Dragon Trail reverse
* Gr.3 (garage) at Interlagos (RH, 10 lap, 2x fuel, 6x tyres)

Now my rant would be :
1) Why always the Audi TTS?
2) Why on earth set tyre and fuel wear with only 1 tyre compound to choose from? PD really needs to improve these settings and free up RS, RM, RH to choose from. Then there is more stratey involved, maybe do the entire race on RS with 1 extra pit stop and things like that.
3) Once they fix tyre choices for Gr.3, I would like to do Gr.4 races with tyre and fuel wear as well.

I'm in the same boat as most of the people on the forums. I'd like to see "daily races" stay but we need more races, for longer.

The best solution I've seen suggested so far is 7 races a week, each lasting 7 days, then every day one of those races drops and a new one is added. This way there is enough time to practice on a track (7 days) and we still get fresh content daily. They could then also mix in ovals, endurance, and quick races every week. Seems like a solid idea? No?

Thanks for the race update..how many laps at nurburgring?

NB is 2 laps. Its the GP course.

yesterdays GR4 race was fun, but I was getting a bit pissed when I am on the racing line and I get side bashed and I loose my SR.

what was your best time, mine was 40.977

41.4...with scirocco...I think I could do 40 but I judy seitched to t3pa pros 2 dats ago and I still have to get used to the brake pedal altougb it is much better than t150 stock pedals

You guys worry too much on daily races. The purpose of it is to keep you busy while waiting for the season to start. I expect there will be more events to come like cups and championships. Daily races is just a small part of Sport mode.

GT-Sport-1-1.jpg
i1ixlxU3NBvN78E.jpg

^ Good point. Hopefully as the game settles in and PD work out what works and what doesn't then daily races will be just a place to have a "quick race" as opposed to the longer more focused championships that run much longer.

You guys worry too much on daily races. The purpose of it is to keep you busy while waiting for the season to start. I expect there will be more events to come like cups and championships. Daily races is just a small part of Sport mode.

View attachment 686341 View attachment 686342

This looks neat but it all has 2016 dates so it’s from early builds, I hope those extra championships aren’t canned. With PD you never know. :)

I totally agree. Not everyone has time to get some good qualifying or some don' k the tracks and it turns into rear ending you rear quick causing you to lose the chance of winning a race. Especially with race. I'e d 2 and went from a to A rating for something I simple could not avoid. :/ 2-3 day cycle would be perfect but not daily

View attachment 686341 View attachment 686342

I was busier with weekly races than I am with daily ones, as a lot of other people are. Just look at the top 10 and you'll see a lot of fast drivers simply don't bother.

Also, we have no clue what the championships will look like and how many there will be, so yes it makes sense for people to worry because they worry about what they do know right now, independently of what could or could not be implemented in the future.

Well give us more weekly races to look forward to...more variation and then I will be happy.maybe I dont care about chanpionsips but want to race...endurance races etc...honestly what is the motivation to prepare one week for a 10 minute race. Is absrud. And trust me this week championships will be a carnage...because people will be more agresive due to the stakes. You will see

At least today gr.3 and gr.4 make sense, I start thinking that short track with 16+ drivers are literally dr/sr carnage killers (referring to yesterdays pick)

Yeah for sure I will avoid that ones...and only join if my time will be a top 5 for the race. I suck at qualy but race pace is good

3) Once they fix tyre choices for Gr.3, I would like to do Gr.4 races with tyre and fuel wear as well.
I'm a huge fan of tire wear but not when they are accelerated for a sprint race. Grip levels just change too rapidly like that. It's going to be even more chaotic when everyone's braking points are changing from corner to corner.

Leave tire wear for the main events.

Maybe if tires maintained their intended grip levels for most of their "life", it would be different but it feels like tires in Sport start to deteriorate the moment they start rolling. Is that just my imagination?

I think having daily races is fine but i do think people should be on forced assists and cam so everyone has the same setup and are on equal grounds to everybody.

I think having daily races is fine but i do think people should be on forced assists and cam so everyone has the same setup and are on equal grounds to everybody.
I hope this doesn't happen. I think it'll be a real turn off for most people.

I hope this doesn't happen. I think it'll be a real turn off for most people.

I dont mean assists being ON per say. I hate the assists. What i mean is, everybody is on the same settings as everyone so that everyone has an equal race. Even if that means no assist races. Meh. Maybe just me and my competetive side. Im probably the minority.

I had no issues yesterday. I got punted once in the N class race, giving me a 10 second penalty through no fault of my own, but it was just a general racing incident that you have to expect online. At least if everyone is ambling around the track without knowing it fully then I'm not at a disadvantage. With a full time job and a newborn to look after when I get home I don't get much time to play, so have to just jump into the races and hope for the best.

I actually ended up winning the GR4 race though, so the situation can't be that bad. My first win, as well, and by a margin of 2 seconds. I started around 8th, IIRC.

I dont mean assists being ON per say. I hate the assists. What i mean is, everybody is on the same settings as everyone so that everyone has an equal race. Even if that means no assist races. Meh. Maybe just me and my competetive side. Im probably the minority.
Assists on or off isn't the problem, forced one way or the other would be. Everyone has their preferences and forcing people to use, or not use, assists they regularly use, takes enjoyment away from the game IMO. In championship settings this is going to happen but that's expected as it's a feature in all competitive motorsport. In the rest of the game, not so much. Just my opinion though, Dr. Kaz and Co. have some funny ideas and you never know what you might get eventually. I wouldn't be surprised to see daily races with forced cockpit view and all aids forced on at some point:dunce::lol:

Today is the first day since I got the game that I haven't bothered entering any races with Sport mode.

I did some unrestricted qualifying on the Nurburgring race, but I couldn't get within 6 seconds of the top times. I could barely keep the thing on track in fact, so not remotely worth my time to enter the race. Then I ran out of time to practice. It'll be gone tomorrow, why go through the pain?

If they have turned me off from actually participating, they are doing something wrong.

Back