Daily races rant

• Thread starter razzzpkr
  • 48 comments
Getting beyond a joke now in the N300 races. Why do people not know how to brake? Especially turn 1 at the Nurburgring. It's not hard to brake a few meters earlier instead of just plowing into everyone. I know accidents happen but these are not accidents these are just careless people who just want to win on the first turn. We need some sort of damage on so these kind of things hamper the mindless idiots.

If you recognise that this always happens, why not take a wide line and try to drive around the carnage? You could actually gain from it...

Thats not really solving the problem is it?

Turn 1, lap 1 for instance, I started 4th, now there was a guy who started 6/7th, I seen him come out of the pits on the warm up lap and just smash in to the car in front of me, so I noted his name and said I'll watch out for him at the start. Low and behold, what happens? Ploughs straight through takes out P1 and takes the lead? Because I anticipated it I managed to avoid it and stay 4th with out contact.

Now the incident I described in my last post, the guy who was in 3rd I remembered from the last race I had, I finished 2nd behind him. He was clean and fast so I didn't expect any trouble and took normal driving line, what I didn't expect is 4th to smash into him and for him to take me out.

Why should we have to alter our driving line/style to suit the idiots?

I was busier with weekly races than I am with daily ones, as a lot of other people are. Just look at the top 10 and you'll see a lot of fast drivers simply don't bother.

Also, we have no clue what the championships will look like and how many there will be, so yes it makes sense for people to worry because they worry about what they do know right now, independently of what could or could not be implemented in the future.
I agree with you, I am merely pointing out that daily races is not the whole point of Sport mode. A lot of people have been complaining that PD should go back to open beta daily races schedule but I still think 2-3 days is optimal to get used to the new race/track combinations.

Today's races seem more fun again :

* N300 (Audi TTS) at Nurburgring GP
* Gr.4 (garage) at Dragon Trail reverse
* Gr.3 (garage) at Interlagos (RH, 10 lap, 2x fuel, 6x tyres)

Now my rant would be :
1) Why always the Audi TTS?
2) Why on earth set tyre and fuel wear with only 1 tyre compound to choose from? PD really needs to improve these settings and free up RS, RM, RH to choose from. Then there is more stratey involved, maybe do the entire race on RS with 1 extra pit stop and things like that.
3) Once they fix tyre choices for Gr.3, I would like to do Gr.4 races with tyre and fuel wear as well.

I think they're slowly introducing tire wear and fuel consumption in GR.3 so people get used to it for when they have longer/endurance races.
For now, I think it's fine, as there is a definite difference in tire grip when your RH tires are fresh compared to 1/3 used.

Thats not really solving the problem is it?

Turn 1, lap 1 for instance, I started 4th, now there was a guy who started 6/7th, I seen him come out of the pits on the warm up lap and just smash in to the car in front of me, so I noted his name and said I'll watch out for him at the start. Low and behold, what happens? Ploughs straight through takes out P1 and takes the lead? Because I anticipated it I managed to avoid it and stay 4th with out contact.

Now the incident I described in my last post, the guy who was in 3rd I remembered from the last race I had, I finished 2nd behind him. He was clean and fast so I didn't expect any trouble and took normal driving line, what I didn't expect is 4th to smash into him and for him to take me out.

Why should we have to alter our driving line/style to suit the idiots?
Your problem? With driving like that he’ll be at the bottom of the barrel soon and you won’t have to deal with him.

This place is so ridiculous, first everyone complains that daily races aren’t updated daily and now it’s a problem that they are.

This place is so ridiculous, first everyone complains that daily races aren’t updated daily and now it’s a problem that they are.

It's not the same people complaining though is it? The people who wanted races every day complained, it changed and so they are now happy. The people who liked the weekly format as it was are now complaining because they want it back. Not hard to figure that out.

Like any other racing game, this game is full of cheaters. Completed an Gr.3 race earlier, was doing really well and caught up to 4th place. I was battling an RSR who was who went wide and I took the inside and he somehow managed to get back on track and hit me and pass me. Next couple corners that didn't work out for him, overtook him and was passing him on an straight, he literally rammed into the side of my car intentionally 3 times in a row until he finally got me off the track and dropped me to 10th place. Ended up finishing in 7th. He got no penalty by the end of the game unless he smoothed through it on the rest of the track.

Another issue is people using you as barriers around corners. There's a difference between making a move on the inside and not braking hoping the car in front of you can be used as a barrier to crash into and get you back on track while making a pass on someone. This happened multiple times in the race and my SR got affected for it.

The mistakes by other drivers don't bother me. The deliberate moves are a problem. That guy who punted me off after 3 repeated times in a row within 2 seconds should be kicked out of the race.

I'm thinking there should be a short ban on sport mode for those just intent on carnage, the ones just intentionally ramming people. Ban them for 24 hours and see if they do it again! Also, everyone should be ghosted out on the first turn.
This coasting to scrub off penalties is ridiculous too you get a penalty you should serve it there and then, not when it suits you / when it costs you little to no race pace.
For a game this long in development it kinda sucks at being a game... I think they spent all their time making it look pretty and adding silly concept cars...

I have been surprised to see no drive through penalties. It would stop the coasting to drop the penalty when it costs you the least but still give the driver a chance to add some strategy by maybe building a gap to minimize the damage, but the penalty is still harsh enough to be a deterrent. You could then impose black flags for not serving a drive through by the end of the race (short races) or within a certain number of laps of the incident for longer races.

I have been surprised to see no drive through penalties. It would stop the coasting to drop the penalty when it costs you the least but still give the driver a chance to add some strategy by maybe building a gap to minimize the damage, but the penalty is still harsh enough to be a deterrent. You could then impose black flags for not serving a drive through by the end of the race (short races) or within a certain number of laps of the incident for longer races.

Not all pit lanes are the same length, drive thru penalties would be variable.
I would prefer straight up time penalties being added to your final time, not this *must coast for x amount of time*

That's true, maybe add a stop/go element then so all drive through penalties are the same length. I think this would be better than the post race penalties which can be reserved for people that don't serve the penalty during the race.

If only our ideas actually meant anything eh? :lol:

That's true, maybe add a stop/go element then so all drive through penalties are the same length. I think this would be better than the post race penalties which can be reserved for people that don't serve the penalty during the race.

If only our ideas actually meant anything eh? :lol:
They could also potentially implement give back the position penalties if you perform an unfair overtake, shouldn't be too hard to implement - but there are potential abuse problems...

Has there ever been a good racing in videogames with damage off? Ramming into someone when only penalty is minor decrease in SR doesn't work. Especially when U can make up to it by driving two clean laps.

I think blood pressures would start going down if they introduced some trophies for the Demolition Derby part of the game.

All of these to be awarded if occurring in ONE SINGLE RACE.
Gold - 25
Silver - 15
Bronze - 10
Otherwise too easy to obtain.

BULLET SPONGE (Another car's front fender makes contact with you)
ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE (Your front fender contacts another car)
YOUR WORD AGAINST MINE (side contact with another car)
DRIVE BY (shunting car off the track with a side hit)
ASS-ASSIN (Shunting another car off the track with a rear hit)
MASTER ASS-ASSIN (shunting multiple cars off with one rear hit)
MOST WANTED - At least 3 multiple shunts achieved in one race
SABOTAGE - Failed to apply ANY brakes before a 90 degree or more corner AND hitting car in front.
EGG ON FACE - Same as SABOTAGE but FAILED to hit car in front and instead plowed head first into race barrier.
NOBODY SAW ME - At least 3 crash causing contacts with opponents without a single game penalty.
DEAD RINGER - Posting a pole position qualifying time but then failing to achieve race lap time within 10 seconds of it.
SHARK WARNING! - Posting no qualifying time or a very slow one then proceeding to win the race by gap of at least 10 seconds.

etc etc/...there's too many!

Has there ever been a good racing in videogames with damage off? Ramming into someone when only penalty is minor decrease in SR doesn't work. Especially when U can make up to it by driving two clean laps.
In order for lobbies with damage to work there has to be pretty severe penalties for rage quitting. In other games without a driver rating system I've never found lobbies with damage to be any more fun overall than lobbies with no damage. Reason being, if you have no damage on and you get bumped or tapped or hit from behind or knocked into the gravel you can still continue on and have a good race. But I've been in many lobbies with damage where I got hit from behind with just a love tap in the first corner and received enough damage that I was no longer competitive. It made the next 5-10 laps awfully boring in a random lobby.

So if you implement damage in sport mode you have to penalize rage quitting pretty severely otherwise you're just going to end up with a situation where the punters will just enter lobbies, engage in the same behaviors that they do now and cause a great deal of damage instead of causing time penalties and then just leave.

When I rage quit the game tells me I am C driver. It is correct! I have C license! Unfair drivers get better rank, it just the way Polly phonics worked!

I'm in the same boat as most of the people on the forums. I'd like to see "daily races" stay but we need more races, for longer.

The best solution I've seen suggested so far is 7 races a week, each lasting 7 days, then every day one of those races drops and a new one is added. This way there is enough time to practice on a track (7 days) and we still get fresh content daily. They could then also mix in ovals, endurance, and quick races every week. Seems like a solid idea? No?

NB is 2 laps. Its the GP course.
3 races would be quite ideal. each race will come and go after 3 days. 7 races is big change to implement right away and it will reduce the number of participants pool into more than half consequently which might cause sport mode in jeopardy.

Last edited:
Back