DD pro yellow dial button does not switch mfd to torque split (edited)

• Thread starter Pau1_13th
  • 16 comments
Germany
Germany
Pau1_13th
I recently bought a DD pro and have an issue with the yellow colored button (for torque split).
The other buttons are assigned as intended, so if I use the blue button it changes tcs and the red the bb, and also the green one works with fuel map, but the yellow one will not engage the torque settings, it will only change the currently shown option (so if I first change the bb, yellow changes also bb).
My wheel is in blue mode and updated and I did not change the button mapping for the colored buttons.
I don't have other issues with it (except for one incident where the steering angle was suddenly off, but that was just a one timer).

So what irritates me is, that the button itself works but is not assigned to the torque...

Yeah, I think they changed their minds after they put the yellow sticker on all the wheels. It's supposed to scroll through all the settings. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to get to the radar and such (with the default mappings, at least).

Alright, so it's not just mine... thanks for your answer :)
I mapped the "normal" stick for that purpose but then I can use in a different way

Silly question, but are you sure the car you're driving has a Variable Centre Differential fitted in order that the yellow dial has something to adjust?

It does nothing on my TGT unless I'm driving a VCD-equipped car. Then it works.

Silly question, but are you sure the car you're driving has a Variable Centre Differential fitted in order that the yellow dial has something to adjust?

They changed the behavior of the yellow stick in GT7 compared to GT Sport. In GT7 it's used for navigating the whole MFD. In GT Sport it was used only for the Torque changes (similar to what the other three do for TCS, Fuel and BB even in GT7)

They changed the behavior of the yellow stick in GT7 compared to GT Sport. In GT7 it's used for navigating the whole MFD. In GT Sport it was used only for the Torque changes (similar to what the other three do for TCS, Fuel and BB even in GT7)
When pressed, but when turned I get nothing or VCD adjustment on cars with a VCD fitted...

Then the one on the TGT behaves differently than on the DD Pro 😉 You can only press up, down, left or right, and not turn it.
Well that's not very Funky(Switch) of them.

No silly question ;) but yeah the car had it, just realized during the weekly challenge rally race

No silly question ;) but yeah the car had it, just realized during the weekly challenge rally race

I just tried it on a GT DD Pro in the weekly challenges race and it works fine. Possibly a hardware issue with your wheel?

I just tried it on a GT DD Pro in the weekly challenges race and it works fine. Possibly a hardware issue with your wheel?
I think then it would not react at all, but it just doesn't switch to the differential control so I have to select that manually to adjust it. I upadet to the recent driver and firmware, do you run that as well?

I think then it would not react at all, but it just doesn't switch to the differential control so I have to select that manually to adjust it. I upadet to the recent driver and firmware, do you run that as well?

I haven't updated the firmware in nearly a year. No idea which version that is but from August last year.

Question: Do you mean you can change the torque settings with the yellow stick while you are already on that MFD page, or does it switch to the yellow menu site when you are not on it and use that stick?
Additional question: Are you on PS4 or PS5?
Additional additional question: Do you use the regular PS mode or the compatibility mode?

Question: Do you mean you can change the torque settings with the yellow stick while you are already on that MFD page, or does it switch to the yellow menu site when you are not on it and use that stick?
Additional additional question: Do you use the regular PS mode or the compatibility mode?
Yes, I can switch it with the yellow stick while I am on that page (but it does not switch to it).
I am on PS5 and use the blue PS mode (while I also tried already the purple mode and that did not change it).

I haven't updated the firmware in nearly a year. No idea which version that is but from August last year.
So maybe it came with an update and now it's like what bduddy and timekiller001 replied...
Yeah, I think they changed their minds after they put the yellow sticker on all the wheels. It's supposed to scroll through all the settings. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to get to the radar and such (with the default mappings, at least).

Ah okay, I think I mis-understood the issue the issue which I apologise. If the MFD is already on the torque distribution settings them the yellow stick works as intended. But if the MFD is on anything else (like TC or BB) then I can only use the yellow stick to scroll through the different MFD pages.

So if I'm on the BB page and use the blue stick to change TC, then the MFD automatically jumps to the TC page. The yellow stick doesn't function like this. I have to scroll to the Torque page and then change the setting (all via the yellow stick).

Apologies again (and @Pau1_13th).

To answer the other questions, I'm on PS5 with the wheel in PS (blue) mode.

Ah okay, I think I mis-understood the issue the issue which I apologise. If the MFD is already on the torque distribution settings them the yellow stick works as intended. But if the MFD is on anything else (like TC or BB) then I can only use the yellow stick to scroll through the different MFD pages.

So if I'm on the BB page and use the blue stick to change TC, then the MFD automatically jumps to the TC page. The yellow stick doesn't function like this. I have to scroll to the Torque page and then change the setting (all via the yellow stick).

Apologies again (and @Pau1_13th).

To answer the other questions, I'm on PS5 with the wheel in PS (blue) mode.
No worries and thanks for the clarification. And thanks to all for answering my question :)

I think the thread can be closed

Back