Deep Forest track limit penalty

• Thread starter wlashack
  • 19 comments
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
wlashack
Hello,
I am trying to learn Deep Forest circuit which is now in Daily Races and I am getting track limit penalty which I absolutely do not know why. There may be some known glitch in track limits I do not know about or I cannot see something that I am doing wrong or…

Here is a very short video replay of me going through a part of the circuit where I got penalty at the end not knowing why:

Can someone help?
Thanks!

Probably here.

Screenshot_20240719-182152.png

BUT…

Another penalty I do not understand on this circuit in another section. I keep wheels on curb and do not brake any astroturf rule: Any suggestions? Thanks.

BUT…

Another penalty I do not understand on this circuit in another section. I keep wheels on curb and do not brake any astroturf rule: Any suggestions? Thanks.

There isn't an "astroturf rule", it's just more than 2 wheels over the track limits is a penalty. The track limits are (usually) the white line or the curb if there is one. I think it was very very close but you must have gone a pixel past the curb at the corner TumeK5 said. The video is a bit too fuzzy to nail the exact moment but that must be where it was.

Oh, thanks, now i see! I did not know that „if there is a white line before curb, track limit is not set by the curb but by the line“. Now I understand. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Thanks all fo you. I learnt something new about track limit rules. Now I understand.

Last edited:
Another thing to remember with curbs (this applies to other tracks as well) is if you cross the white line to go onto the curb you are okay, but if you have not crossed the white line again by the time the curb ends, you will get a penalty as well. This often catches a lot of people out. You think you are okay as you are on the curb but you fail to notice when it ends, so you technically go off track as you transition back to track if you leave it too late.

OK, thanks. This all leads me to a question — Are there all track limit rules altogether somewhere?😉
No, and that's why people are often upset about track limits - it's trial and error. Sometimes it's the kerb, sometimes the white line (or dashed line in specific places at Le Mans)

In other words, the definition for track limits is not set in stone, but it's also the case in real life, where the track limits are adjusted in certain corners.

PD are not above changing the rules however, as you can now go over the white line on the exit of the Daytona RC chicane, for example. In the past you got penalized for it.

Last edited:
PD are not above changing the rules however, as you can now go over the white line on the exit of the Daytona RC chicane, for example. In the past you got penalized for it.
Doesn’t that small triangular section of concrete count as curb though?

Also worth noting that online TTs and high level esport races seem to use different and stricter track limits than usual. For example, in a Daily Race, you're "supposed" to cut both corners of the last chicane at Nürburgring GP, murdering the bollard on the last right hander. In an online TT, you can only cut the first left hander; hitting the bollard on the right hander is an instant lap invalidation.

Track limits in GT are an ugly, arbitrary mess, and to paraphrase Tume, the only way to find out is to... F around. I wish PD would better communicate where the limits are visually à la Forza Motorsport.

BUT…

The white line is the edge of the track. The curb you are on is the reason for the penalty.

There are similar areas in the grind races where you can do this without a penalty. In the photo above though it's very easy to graze the wall and not realize it.
In turn 1 of Sardegna Road Track A you can take the car all the way over the line on the blue area before turning in. I had to do this to win gold on the CE. Also at Spa on Blanchimont you can go onto the green paved sections to the right of the track.
In the photo above that Ford is in contact with the wall, thus the penalty.

Latest Posts

Back