Deep Thoughts

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 1,054 comments
I'm reading about Habermas' view on secularism. Perhaps the next step in the evolution of Western societies could bring a renewed (deeper) sense of purpose. I'd imagine other cultures would find their way to....enlightenment(?) through different paths.

Last edited:
lol. Amazing. One what threw a bitchfit about genocide in China to deflect from protest against police brutality and to assert that those engaging in the latter purportedly without regard for the former are "****ing hypocrits" [sic]--while not actually doing anything about the former--would obviously refer to the "insights" (not the word I'm looking for but it'll have to do) of nativist parasite and general connie rat Sargon of Akkad.
Waiting for his follow up video blaming people being glum on Muslims, women, the jooz and the social justice movement.

Actually, I'm not because whenever I see his name on a video I tend to switch off after a few seconds. Sorry if that isn't a deep thought.

Last edited:
It was a dystopia, one similar to that we are now living in. You said “approaching”, I’d say it’s here.

This was just recently publish, coincidentally:

Worth 15 minutes of your time, since you posed the question.

I've made it about halfway through and I've picked up very little aside from "I clearly despise immigrants" and "I miss the playground from McDonalds".

The YouTuber makes various claims like an "army of illegal murdering migrants" despite the source in the screen not saying anything about the legal status of the migrants except the fact they're non-citizens. He also neglects to mention that undocumented immigrants in the USA actually commit crimes at a notably lower rate than both documented immigrants and US born citizens. There was also no significant effect on the crime rate from migrants during and after the refugee crisis in Germany.

And then also complains about prisoners being let out early despite the fact that the prison population in UK is increasing??

209c59c3-2d06-460f-8ebc-eb248ef2395f-1.png

I got a bit tired of listening to his citation-less claims -- does he in any way go in-depth about global warming, or unfettered capitalism and the failure of trickle-down contributing in any meaningful way towards the middle and lower classes? Or is is still largely "I missed making racist jokes in the 90s and the world is too PC for me to make them now I blame the immigrants)

I've made it about halfway through and I've picked up very little aside from "I clearly despise immigrants" and "I miss the playground from McDonalds".

The YouTuber makes various claims like an "army of illegal murdering migrants" despite the source in the screen not saying anything about the legal status of the migrants except the fact they're non-citizens. He also neglects to mention that undocumented immigrants in the USA actually commit crimes at a notably lower rate than both documented immigrants and US born citizens. There was also no significant effect on the crime rate from migrants during and after the refugee crisis in Germany.

And then also complains about prisoners being let out early despite the fact that the prison population in UK is increasing??

View attachment 1396220
I got a bit tired of listening to his citation-less claims -- does he in any way go in-depth about global warming, or unfettered capitalism and the failure of trickle-down contributing in any meaningful way towards the middle and lower classes? Or is is still largely "I missed making racist jokes in the 90s and the world is too PC for me to make them now I blame the immigrants)
This way of thinking is being challenged.

You only have to look at Reddit threads, especially in response to analyses such as this:

As there isn't (I believe) a clear breakdown of the prison population by nationality from the government it's left to right-leaning publications to produce "analysis" such as:

While the methodology of that research can be debated, the refugee crisis most definitely affected crime in the Nordic countries (see my post above). I'm afraid what you will see is more trouble with the demographic crunch and people splitting into factions based on ethnic/religious/political lines a la Israel/Palestine and Lebanon. What we need is a good centrist party willing to address the problem of low birth rates/high number of pensioners being found across the world (not just in the West; S Korea is facing a massive crisis) and highlight the positives and negatives of immigration.

But then we have MAGAs believing the government is creating hurricanes, a Foreign Secretary who thought Henry VII succeeded Henry VIII and I think we're doomed anyway.

The YT video misses on some points, but society's declining sense of purpose - something in the past provided in part by religion - is noticeable.

Last edited:
"I miss the playground from McDonalds"
It's fitting given that a not insignificant portion of the bitch's shtick is pandering to youth nostalgia and the perspective that society has declined, evinced by things seeming worse than narrowly focused childhood memory.

Edit: lol. lmao.

carl-bj.jpg

"Things were better when music video."

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back