Derek Speare Designs - Button Boxes - Shifters - Great Gear

• Thread starter derekspeare
  • 1,567 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek your probably bored of these now but - just received my CSW type B left - and I could not be more impressed.

Got here in the UK quickly from the States, well packaged, fitted in a couple of minutes, plug and play and I could assign exactly what I wanted in my sim.

Does exactly what it says on the tin and I can find the buttons I need in VR during a race with the design easily.

Excellent product - highly recommended.

Thank you !

DSD Button Box CSW Type B Left.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DSD HURRICANE IRMA UPDATES
TAMPA BAY FLORIDA

Hurricane Irma made landfall in Naples, Florida on 10 September as a Category 3 storm. The storm continued a northward track over land and passed Tampa Bay in the early hours of 11 September. It was a Category 2 storm when it was approximately 90 miles due east of the DSD production center. From there the storm dissipated slowly. Weather in the surrounding area now is clear and sunny.

Our immediate area saw significant winds and rain, but no flooding was encountered. However, there have been substantial power outages along with wind damage to buildings and fallen trees. DSD was without power for 38 hours. Our employees will be returning to work this week.

We're fortunate that the storm was not as terrible as it could have been. We certainly want each and everyone affected by the storm to find their lives returning to normal as soon as possible. DSD will resume normal operations tomorrow, Wednesday, 13 September, but our customers who have open orders will see several additional days of delays for fulfillment due to the impact this storm has had over the past five days. We are working vigilantly to make sure everyone has their DSD components as soon as possible.

That said, email communications will take additional time this week, but our lights are on and we are going well without anything more than a few days of delays. We appreciate serving our thousands of customers worldwide for nearly seven years.

Derek Speare
Founder, Derek Speare Designs
www.derekspearedesigns.com
Tampa Bay Florida

###

FANTASTIC news Derek! So good to hear you & the crew are O.K. Dodged a bullet here as we just caught the edge of Harvey, lost a lot of limbs & branches but no trees came down this time. 24+ inches of rain but NOTHING like you guys went thru! Stay safe...O.G.
old.gif

Contemplating getting new pedals just for loadcell braking, but i remember you where maybe going to do a drop in kit for the g25/27, is that still on the table or?

Contemplating getting new pedals just for loadcell braking, but i remember you where maybe going to do a drop in kit for the g25/27, is that still on the table or?

@derekspeare Do you have a 'Drop in kit"? I would like to build ground up custom pedals with LC Brake and12-bit Throttle/Clutch for PC. Am I correct that your DSD Pedal Pal, 12-Bit Controller Board, combined with your Technical Guide would accomplish all that? Not sure I have the SE/EE knowledge to make it all work but I might give it a try.....:dunce: Cheers....👍

Yes, Load Cell!
Hello,

I purchased a P1 Box a while back as a standalone item. I've since purchased a Fanatec v2.5 Wheel Base. Can I purchase the CSW bracket arm separately in order to mount my current P1 box?

Here's a new possibility from DSD:

IMG_0068_1.jpg

The idea is that you get a ready-to-assemble chassis shipped to your door which is good for sim racing, flight simming...or, if you're like me...and a lot of fans...both sim racing and flight simming.

Here's one doing both:

IMG_0082.jpg

It accommodates Logitech, Fanatec and TM wheels and pedals as well as CH and TM sticks...the reason for the abundant holes. It's also uber adjustable.

You get the seat from Summit Racing for about 160 bucks here:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1130l

You can use the Jegs Scat seat for about 150, too, but you need rails for that. The seat is here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401298801655

It's a project I've considered for over a year...it may be something we do *soon*...

I'm specifically interested in knowing what options and in-car controls are or can be mapped to keyboard keys. I'm sure each game has its own unique set of available functions which may be mapped. Any information is appreciated!

I'm specifically interested in knowing what options and in-car controls are or can be mapped to keyboard keys. I'm sure each game has its own unique set of available functions which may be mapped. Any information is appreciated!
Dunno about the other games, but here's a guide for GTS.

Interface
Cursor up: Arrow up
Cursor down: Arrow down
Cursor left: Arrow left
Cursor right: Arrow right
Select: Enter
Exit/cancel: Escape

No keyboard binds for in-race.

The Early Bird Gets the Chassis! We've opened up for Early Bird Ordering!

Special Pricing for those who don't wait!

Race and Flight - 359.95 USD
Race Only - 269.95 USD

http://derekspearedesigns.com/chassis.html

UPS Ground Shipping to all Continental US is INCLUDED!
We will ship to Canada for an additional fee to be determined on a cases by case basis

New orders ship by August 31st.

OMG WTF!

Make sure you get your seat!

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1130l

Early Bird Prices Won't Last!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back