DFGT Gran Turgismo Paddle Shifters

• Thread starter trk29
  • 121 comments
I just got mine after waiting almost four weeks. Kevin was ready to send me a new pair thinking the package was lost, but they arrived the same day he was going to send the new pair. The world was saved from redundancy this day.

Highly recommended. Will post pictures after I install them this weekend.

Hmmmm, they span the gap between the "exorbitant" tubular rigs and the "cheap" 2x4 rigs. Seems to me that they are exactly in line with every other rig. $999 to $1299 for their top of the line rig. And to be honest, I'd take a VisionRacer or Human GT over that thing any day. hyperbole.

I installed them last night. I'm very happy with them, the recoil action of the buttons themselves make them spring back nicely. It was a little difficult to get used to them at first, but a few minutes later shifting felt like second nature.

6334050215_5b5699306f_b.jpg

Damn! I've been out of the forums too long, at least not too late. I just ordered a set of the DPS-200 paddles with the Carbon Fiber Finish. Awesome!

GranTurgismo Dynamic Paddle Shifters work good, but the screws that trigger the buttons on the steering wheel were not behind it.

I had to regulate the paddles to stay very close to the steering wheel, which hinders a bit the middle fingers of my hand when I grasp the steering wheel firmly.

In addition, the finish material mimicking carbon fiber could be extended to the back of the shift paddles.

It's a great product, a perfect addon for Logitech Driving Force GT.

http://www.granturgismo.com/productspads1.html
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granturgismo/120753854672363

I got my paddle shifters earlier this week (as well as the decal kit). The adjustable DPF-200 version is great for being able to dial-in the exact distance you want; it's also nice to be able to move them further back whenever you don't want to use them for a race to make sure they're well and truly out of the way.

These are definitely an improvement over the initial version that came out, but they're not 100% perfect. The head of the plastic screw used to engage the button on the wheel could be a little bigger - the contact area is a little small. I also feel they're placed a bit too far outside the button, and moving them in by just a tiny bit (I'm talking 2-3mm) would help.

141858450.jpg

To get all the decals stuck onto the wheel correctly does take a bit of time - especially if you're applying the full decal kit. There are several pieces, and some of them are a little difficult to position. Fortunately, you can peel the decal off and re-position them if they're a little off.

In general, I think these paddles offer a great functional improvement over the DFGT, and makes the wheel look better as well. The decals aren't really necessary, obviously, but can give the wheel a better, more uniform look if you also have the paddles with the CF finish.

141858428.jpg

141863333.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,
I like having them closer, because it feels like they are working quicker,but I will try setting up from further back and seeing how that feels. With them close, there isn't enough room for my fingers between the wheel and paddles, so I keep my fingers behind the paddles at all times

I don't even think there are 'Japanese' DFGTs? All DFGT wheels are identical, AFAIK. And the paddle shifters are made and distributed in the US.

johnsom
Was this in the pix i posted?

I don't think the dfgt or the paddle shifters from gran turgismo is only offered in Japan. Can you clarify?

I don't know. But it says "Made in Japan". So, I guess it's only made there but also offered in several countries.

I want one so badly.

I don't know. But it says "Made in Japan". So, I guess it's only made there but also offered in several countries.

I want one so badly.

Where in the world are you getting all this Japan stuff? :odd: The guy that makes them is in Missouri...

Coxis
Where in the world are you getting all this Japan stuff? :odd: The guy that makes them is in Missouri...

Well, I just noticed that on eBay. The ads say that it's Japan or something.

Yes, those are the RSF paddles that come from Japan -- but the paddles discussed in this thread, as well as pictures posted are of the Gran Turgismo paddles. The difference is clearly visible too. You are confusing the RSF paddles with the Gran Turgismo ones, GTV0819 -- completely different products.

Back