Dirty AI

• Thread starter winniefj
  • 22 comments
Australia
Australia
J1ohnny7
I was 29 minutes into the race and leading when I got run off the track by the second car which was an AI. This sort of incident happens all to often and spoils the fun, so much so that I am thinking about giving gt7 away.

ai

ai

images (2).jpeg

Me and my M6 will find you. And kill you.

Regards,

Nicolas Rubilar.

Last edited:
jajajajajaja, I'm obsessed with lake maggiore and this bastard. it's my worst nightmare
He isn't even the main threat. At the beginning of the race he is the enemy for sure. He will pressure and push you and even play dirty but he doesn't really come close to winning the race from my attempts. Its normally Beauvois or Gallo.

He isn't even the main threat. At the beginning of the race he is the enemy for sure. He will pressure and push you and even play dirty but he doesn't really come close to winning the race from my attempts. Its normally Beauvois or Gallo.
I meant that it is always rubilar that takes you off track. In any case, there are many variants in terms of rivals, I had tried many times with different winners. But I can say that I just won the race this afternoon with the aston martin RB9. My nightmare is over lol

My apologies in advance for bumping an old thread, but figured it's better than starting a new one on this topic...
Having a ton of fun in custom races, but every so often I get knocked around by the AI as if they're mad at me for passing :lol:

I find the AI incredibly stupid many times, especially in wet races. I replayed several saved replays from wet races at Sarthe and I'm amazed how bad the AI can be. Not pitting to get wet tyres, or when they did they stay out on them when the track has dried up already. Like they all have Ferrari race strategists and pit crews and me having a Hannah Schmidt and G.P. Lambiase getting my race in order.

During a dry WTC700 race at Sarthe, I won by 10-15 seconds. In a wet race I lapped them all up to 8th. Didn't understand why the difference was that big, until replaying the race and cockpit view their cars..... Now I know. They are idiots.

Issue is the AI want to stick to the racing line at all costs.
it does not matter if it is occupied or they're being lapped.
Most of the time you get spun out because you are on the racing line, when you are near the AI, drive alternate lines.
The AI has the programming of a TRAIN and weight of one to boot.
They can easily just spun you off with just a tap, you and do a full lock to into them and they dont get nudged off the racing line.

Issue is the AI want to stick to the racing line at all costs.
it does not matter if it is occupied or they're being lapped.
Most of the time you get spun out because you are on the racing line, when you are near the AI, drive alternate lines.
The AI has the programming of a TRAIN and weight of one to boot.
They can easily just spun you off with just a tap, you and do a full lock to into them and they dont get nudged off the racing line.
I especially like how they will turn into you at corner entry if you are on the inside line.

Watched my last replay in heavy rain at Sarthe of this afternoon. Dumb dumb Portilla driving like a grandma, slipping and sliding all over the track on slicks, pits, just refuels....... Goes back out on 3 lap old slicks, doing the same slipping and sliding.
I don't know, but I'd be extremely pissed if my crew sends me out like that.
Worst thing, he's not the only one. 8 more joined his train of slowpokes. His lap times: 7:33....
I think he's on a budget 😂

Am I having too much fun watching these replays 😆

edit: the dumb dumb train that went on for 3 laps. None of the AI moved an inch off race line and kept following Portilla at snail pace.....

D7266182-BDCA-477E-B51D-06D1B4219295.jpeg

Last edited:
I especially like how they will turn into you at corner entry if you are on the inside line.

That's my main issue with the AI. Under blue flags or most normal conditions they are fine, more like a rolling chicane, but it's mid corner they really suffer which I'm not sure why because they have braked so hard in to the "name a slight and I mean gentlest of track deviations" that they really should be looking inside them as the apex and approach speed differential is huge.

Yet they turn in.

My apologies in advance for bumping an old thread, but figured it's better than starting a new one on this topic...
Having a ton of fun in custom races, but every so often I get knocked around by the AI as if they're mad at me for passing :lol:

They’re not mad. They’re just on rails and completely oblivious to your presence. It’s one of the most braindead AIs ever implemented in a racing game.

Also cool how AI cars seem to have five times my car’s mass in terms of who knocks who off their line.

Last edited:
Watched my last replay in heavy rain at Sarthe of this afternoon. Dumb dumb Portilla driving like a grandma, slipping and sliding all over the track on slicks, pits, just refuels....... Goes back out on 3 lap old slicks, doing the same slipping and sliding.
I don't know, but I'd be extremely pissed if my crew sends me out like that.
Worst thing, he's not the only one. 8 more joined his train of slowpokes. His lap times: 7:33....
I think he's on a budget 😂

Am I having too much fun watching these replays 😆

edit: the dumb dumb train that went on for 3 laps. None of the AI moved an inch off race line and kept following Portilla at snail pace.....

View attachment 1239040

This is a shot from the Gr1 as Suzuka.
Wilk, spun out towards entry and missed the pit in and crawled around the track for the rest of the race.
fc7951a19cc69571d4a813aad0344c7b_photo.webp

If only all 19 AI cars put up this much fight the entire race (700 PP Gr.3 @ 2,800 lbs. ~500hp & 3,000 lbs. w/ ~536hp)

AI has still has the same really dumb flaw as always:

Still doesn't seem to change behavior when getting lapped. Still trying to fight position when lapped. Like for example, when I'm going to the inside to overtake one of the AI cars, they still try to brake later to try to keep the position.
Doesn't seem to change any bit anything except moving a bit aside of the normal racing line
And still doesn't make life much easy for you, because moving a bit on one side doesn't mean it makes you lapping them any easier in certain cases (sometimes they go to the inside so you have to overtake around the outside and you lose even more time)

SO stupid.

When you turn on the ideal line, you get more insight what the ai is or will be doing.
I don't remember exactly, but I think the ai never follows the racing line in the center of their car and chooses to be on the left or right from it and switches position accordingly.

They frustrate me a lot too, but they do respect the blue flag albeit in a bad way and they cannot anticipate a much faster car, so we have to take that into account to minimise our frustration.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back