DLC Polarized/Aurora/oil-slick colored car photos

• Thread starter squirlybmx
  • 30 comments
United States
New York
XSVterror16
xsvterror16
This is a color I used on the hubs of my bmx bike, and I also had a paintball gun that used this color process a while back. The color is obtained by zinc plating bare metal but using an extremely high voltage. This changes the properties of the metal and allows it to change color depending on how the sun hits it. If you want to see more imaged than the ones I provided, or would like to have the process done of something of your own, visit http://www.speedstar-racing.com/. They're the only company I know of that still provides this service and they do it relatively cheap.

So you can see what it looks like in real life, I'll provide two photos of it for you.
Paintball marker:
img7637ak3.jpg

Valve covers:
Aurora_H_covers2.jpg

Now to what I'm talking about in the game. This photo belongs to BMXMITCH and is from the dlc paint thread.
6265914816_16f29477f7_z.jpg

Last edited:
It would be amazing if we could add a polarizer effect in the photo mode... interesting to have a paint like this, maybe this could be a programming basic for a polarizer filter?

It would be amazing if we could add a polarizer effect in the photo mode... interesting to have a paint like this, maybe this could be a programming basic for a polarizer filter?

That would definitely be cool to have as a photo effect. What I really want is a fisheye that doesn't only exist 7,000 miles away from the damn car...

I'm yet to see what it looks like at night.

SuzukaCircuit_4.jpg

SuzukaCircuit.jpg

I played with the colour in PS but it still doesn't look as vivid as your real life examples.
SuzukaCircuit_1.jpg

Last edited:
uh oh, my pic! :D

Shame that we only can have this colour once....

Also, I would like to see your hubs or the whole bike squirly! :dunce:

bmxmitch
uh oh, my pic! :D

Shame that we only can have this colour once....

Also, I would like to see your hubs or the whole bike squirly! :dunce:

Hey were profile minis and someone offered me an insane price the second he laid eyes on them. I am thinking about do it again but I have to wait until I have the money to buy another pair of profile's. I'll pm you a pic of what it looks like now once I'm on my computer.

Hey were profile minis and someone offered me an insane price the second he laid eyes on them. I am thinking about do it again but I have to wait until I have the money to buy another pair of profile's. I'll pm you a pic of what it looks like now once I'm on my computer.

Hey man, had no idea you were a GTP member last night, and a BMX'er to boot too! Were you able to accept my FR, or do i have to mail you a controller?

I wish those polarized colors were more vivid and brighter, they only look.. flat and halfdone now. :indiff:

parabulla
Hey man, had no idea you were a GTP member last night, and a BMX'er to boot too! Were you able to accept my FR, or do i have to mail you a controller?

Haha, yea I accepted it afterI had to restart my ps3 when a lobby froze. You're still welcom to send me a controller anyway :)

/// NISSAN GT-R R35 TC @ NURBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE 24H ///
nrburgringgpfgttc1.jpg

It is called Maziora Plreadesll from Toyota. There is a range of Maziora paints actually.

still haven't used the No. 10 paint chip as I can't decide which car it's gonna look the best on....

should I go for a car with nice smooth panels (e.g. Audi R8, but everyone else got's one)

or something more angular (e.g. Enzo)

ollyb
still haven't used the No. 10 paint chip as I can't decide which car it's gonna look the best on....

should I go for a car with nice smooth panels (e.g. Audi R8, but everyone else got's one)

or something more angular (e.g. Enzo)

I bought four :) But following the aurora theme I used one on the wheels of my S13 drift car. I just used a metallic black for the car and it looks beautiful.

Polarized 010 looks best on flat surfaces, makes the car look like a rainbow :D Will put pictures on here of my midget in an hour or so.
Edit:
Here you go, a Daihatsu Midget II in Polarized-010
Superspeedway%20-%20Daytona_4.jpg

Superspeedway%20-%20Daytona_3.jpg

Superspeedway%20-%20Daytona_2.jpg

Superspeedway%20-%20Daytona_1.jpg

Superspeedway%20-%20Daytona.jpg

Last edited:
con360
Polarized 010 looks best on flat surfaces, makes the car look like a rainbow :D Will put pictures on here of my midget in an hour or so.
Edit:
Here you go, a Daihatsu Midget II in Polarized-010

The more sharp angles and contours, the more the color will change and the better it will look. Flat surfaces don't distort like angles do. Sort of like stealth technology for aircraft.

Back