Do the Audi R10 and R18 get better gas mileage?

• Thread starter Kakti
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
Wondering if anyone has confirmed whether the R10 TDI and R18 TDI get *noticeably* better gas mileage than similar LMP cars? The car description for the R10 specifically notes that the turbo diesel has "incredible fuel economy" so one would think they'd get an extra lap or two in an endurance race. But I don't like to make $2m assumptions....anyone pushed them to their fuel limit? Not looking for an indepth review (although surely welcome), just some anecdotes from those who have raced one of these cars in the endurance races. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone has confirmed whether the R10 TDI and R18 TDI get *noticeably* better gas mileage than similar LMP cars? The car description for the R10 specifically notes that the turbo diesel has "incredible fuel economy" so one would think they'd get an extra lap or two in an endurance race. But I don't like to make $2m assumptions....anyone pushed them to their fuel limit? Not looking for an indepth review (although surely welcome), just some anecdotes from those who have raced one of these cars in the endurance races. Thanks in advance

No. Tried the R18 in 24 minutes Le Mans and fuel was gone after 3 laps.

Well that's lame...the whole reason Audi and VW are making these engines is the gas mileage and energy density benefits of a turbo direct injected diesel. Direct application to endurance racing and consumers....Shame PD...

Well that's lame...the whole reason Audi and VW are making these engines is the gas mileage and energy density benefits of a turbo direct injected diesel. Direct application to endurance racing and consumers....Shame PD...
But they are limited by fuel tank size. Yes, the Audi gets better mpg than the Toyota, but the Audi's tank only holds 58 litres, whereas the Toyota's is 76 litres. At last year's Le Mans, the R18's did 10-11 laps before they needed refueled. The Toyota was doing 12 lap stints.

Considering most of the LMP cars in GT6 are totally wrong for HP, it'd be unfair to consider the R10 and R18 against others.

But they are limited by fuel tank size. Yes, the Audi gets better mpg than the Toyota, but the Audi's tank only holds 58 litres, whereas the Toyota's is 76 litres. At last year's Le Mans, the R18's did 10-11 laps before they needed refueled. The Toyota was doing 12 lap stints.
I was wondering if that was a factor or if every car had the same sized fuel tank in GT6. Thank you. A racing fuel tank would be a cool edition as a custom part from GT Auto. Not for race cars obviously but for street cars that you can fit aero parts to.

I was wondering if that was a factor or if every car had the same sized fuel tank in GT6. Thank you. A racing fuel tank would be a cool edition as a custom part from GT Auto. Not for race cars obviously but for street cars that you can fit aero parts to.

It would be cooler to choose the amount of fuel to start with. ;)

Back