Do you own a Nissan Skyline?

Do you own a Skyline?

• Total voters
'r32v-spec a r33 n-1 and a r34 m-spec' i dont think so, R32 V-spec are very rare, R33 N-1, not even, only 200 were made and a R34 m-spec, haha, in your dreams. NO WAY CAN YOU GET THESE CARS!

HKS_T51KAI
'r32v-spec a r33 n-1 and a r34 m-spec' i dont think so, R32 V-spec are very rare, R33 N-1, not even, only 200 were made and a R34 m-spec, haha, in your dreams. NO WAY CAN YOU GET THESE CARS!

Yeah exactly his post gave me a chuckle, he was spouting alot of bad things around GTP and as you can see he got himself banned.

Oh and dont forget R34 V-spec II Nur he mentioned, another very rare one (sounds like he was talking about his Gran Turismo 4 cars :lol:).

VIPERGTSR01
Yeah exactly his post gave me a chuckle, he was spouting alot of bad things around GTP and as you can see he got himself banned.

Oh and dont forget R34 V-spec II Nur he mentioned, another very rare one (sounds like he was talking about his Gran Turismo 4 cars :lol:).

Sounds it:lol:

I'm gonna assume that most people don't own one.

Poverty has one?:scared:

Skylines in Australia prices vary on condition, Kilometers and mods.
On averge, a mildly modified skyline, running 180KW@wheels(250HP) R33 only costs about $22,000, my bro brought his for only $19,000, and it runs 180KW.
On averge the prices for a skyline is:
R32 GTS-T - $10,000 - $15,000 (1989 - 1992) RB20DET
R33 GTS25T - $15,000 - $25,000 (1993 - 1998) RB25DET
R34 GTT - $25,000 - $40,000 (1998 - 2001) Neo RB25DET
R32 GTR - $25,000 - $30,000 (1989 - 1993)
R32 GTR V-specII - $30,000 $45,000 (1994)
R33 GTR - $30,000 - $50,000 (1995 - 1997)
R33 GTR V-spec or N-1 - ($45,000 - $70,000) (1995 - 1997)
R34 GTR - $50,000 - $100,000 (1999 - 2002) - 200kw
R34 GTR V-spec - $50,000 - $150,000 (1999 - 2002)
Remember that prices vary depending on condition, Kilometers and mods.

My friend recently bought a R32 GTR with forged pistons and rods, steel Tomei head gasket, N1 water and oil pump, rebuilt turbos, Apexi PFC, CAI, full catless exhaust (mild steel) and other things I forget about for $18,000. I haven't seen it yet but supposedly its in pretty good condition and runs great which if it does is a bargin.

ultrabeat

Guess it depends on the country. As pointed out by HKS_T51KAI and Viper, Lines are pretty cheap over here. The country is flooded with them and I have plenty of mates that drive them.

Syntax error
Guess it depends on the country. As pointed out by HKS_T51KAI and Viper, Lines are pretty cheap over here. The country is flooded with them and I have plenty of mates that drive them.

Skylines are extremely rare in the U.S tuning scene...

Do you know it can costs over $100,000 to get simply a standard R33 GTR into the states, this is why we should be thankful Syntax Error:tup:

well, R32's and R33's have just started their invasion to here, and so has last gen Supra's. R32's cost from 16k (tax free) to 25k (taxes included). I'll buy R32 GT-R as soon as I win in the lottery.l :mischievous:

Geez, you can buy an R32 GTS-t here from about $4,000 onwards depending on condition. My brother bought his R32 GTS-25 sedan auto for $1,200 earlier this year. My Skyline (R32 GTS-4) was bought for about $7,000 or so about three or four years back.

yes, but take note that new zealand is quite a lot closer to japan, thus, they've been imported there quite soon after introducing to the roads. first GT-R's appeared here around mid 90's and they were racecars naturally. and because they're so rare in europe, they do cost a lot. and then, we have Finnish taxes, that usually are approximately 1/3rd in top of the price.

You gotta feel sorry for the guys in the U.S.

The costs if getting a GTR in there are unimaginable...well to us anyway.

well, their precious and beloved zee-oh-six costs 147 k€ here, so here their bragging about bang for buck doesn't apply.

What's a Gallardo cost over there Leonidae? Cause if you think about it, here a Gallardo is about $150-$190k, but a Z06 is fom $65-$75k, goes faster, and gets much better gas mileage, so if a Z06 is €147k over there, is a Gallardo around.... oh... say.... €325k?

ultrabeat

Yep, I doo indeed have a GTR in skyline. It was merely a pisstake really.

What's a Gallardo cost over there Leonidae? Cause if you think about it, here a Gallardo is about $150-$190k, but a Z06 is fom $65-$75k, goes faster, and gets much better gas mileage, so if a Z06 is €147k over there, is a Gallardo around.... oh... say.... €325k?

ZED OH SIKS is about £70,000 pounds in the UK, which isnt a bargain when it squares up to equivelant £50,000 cars of same or better performance.

Leonidae
yes, but take note that new zealand is quite a lot closer to japan, thus, they've been imported there quite soon after introducing to the roads. first GT-R's appeared here around mid 90's and they were racecars naturally. and because they're so rare in europe, they do cost a lot. and then, we have Finnish taxes, that usually are approximately 1/3rd in top of the price.

Actually NZ has lots of skylines as they have quite lax importing rules. I deal with importing motorbikes to Australia and New Zealand, and I don't go through half the trouble to get the bikes into NZ as I do with Australia. That said the other reason they are abundant in NZ is well... they also drive on the left side of the road (or should I say right side :lol:).

Ummm..I just checked on the internet what a GTR R34 costs here in Sweden (it was imported from the UK), well it costs $60.000. Even the older ones (R32, R33) does cost a lot here, maybe because of its rareness.

=)

im driving a 1990 Skyline GTR. its nearly stock. @ 12psi of boost it should be making ~350whp.

its on jackstands right now, in mid-tranny-swap. im swapping in an R34 6-speed tranny and clutch system. the stock 5spd wont suffice for what im going to be doing.

im also changing the front and rear diffs to a 4.11 1.5way-LSD, as well as new coilovers, brakes, and swaybars.

over the winter ill be pulling the engine for a paintjob, and ill be putting a new and improved engine in there.

im driving a 1990 Skyline GTR. its nearly stock. @ 12psi of boost it should be making ~350whp.

its on jackstands right now, in mid-tranny-swap. im swapping in an R34 6-speed tranny and clutch system. the stock 5spd wont suffice for what im going to be doing.

im also changing the front and rear diffs to a 4.11 1.5way-LSD, as well as new coilovers, brakes, and swaybars.

over the winter ill be pulling the engine for a paintjob, and ill be putting a new and improved engine in there.

Got pictures?

Wow, sounds like you've got some serious mods in store. Why did you feel the need to change the whole gearbox though, I thought the GTR boxes were plenty tough. I can understand the need to change clutches though :D

Wow, sounds like you've got some serious mods in store. Why did you feel the need to change the whole gearbox though, I thought the GTR boxes were plenty tough. I can understand the need to change clutches though :D

the stock 5spd on the R32 and R33 is known for having problems with 3rd and 4th gears after the test of time. its not an issue, its just something you should think about if you plan on modding a car after is has been driven for ~15 years.

the 6spd in the R34 GT-R is built by Getrag. it has slightly shorter gears. the R32/33 5spd has LONG gears (2nd goes to 115kmh, and 3rd brings you to the speed limiter @ 180kmh).

i find the gearing kindof annoying in Auto-X, im always having to drop into 1st in the hairpins, because 2nd gear is too long to start accelerating with from a slow exit.

the clutch change wont be much of an upgrade, i already have a Nismo twin-plate. the reason the clutch needs to be changed, is because the pre-93 R32 GTRs have a push-style clutch. all the GTRs from there on have Pull-style clutches.

so in swapping the tranny to the R34, i need to adapt the Pull-style clutch to my drivetrain.

heres some pics of me at a local Auto-X event in the GTR.

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3860.JPG

the stock 5spd on the R32 and R33 is known for having problems with 3rd and 4th gears after the test of time. its not an issue, its just something you should think about if you plan on modding a car after is has been driven for ~15 years.

the 6spd in the R34 GT-R is built by Getrag. it has slightly shorter gears. the R32/33 5spd has LONG gears (2nd goes to 115kmh, and 3rd brings you to the speed limiter @ 180kmh).

i find the gearing kindof annoying in Auto-X, im always having to drop into 1st in the hairpins, because 2nd gear is too long to start accelerating with from a slow exit.

the clutch change wont be much of an upgrade, i already have a Nismo twin-plate. the reason the clutch needs to be changed, is because the pre-93 R32 GTRs have a push-style clutch. all the GTRs from there on have Pull-style clutches.

so in swapping the tranny to the R34, i need to adapt the Pull-style clutch to my drivetrain.

Awesome, I didn't know there was so much differences between R32/33 and R34s in terms of drivetrain, I was under the impression that they were fairly similar but cool, thanks for the info.
BTW, your car looks cool auto xing 👍, I'm jealous, the R32s are my favourite looking GTR.

Back