• Thread starter JR98
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING
latest

hornishcar-626x417.jpg

With Dodge utilizing the Charger chassis for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series from 2008 it was decided that the Challenger should be used for the Nationwide series from 2010. Penske Racing were the primary factory effort up until 2012 when Dodge pulled out of NASCAR and Penske moved to Ford, although some Challenger's can still be seen in the Nationwide series with some teams using ex-Penske chassis.

For the 2012 Nationwide season the #12 Penske Challenger was driven by Sam Hornish Jr. and was sponsored by Alliance Truck Parts and Pennzoil. The car finished the championship 4th overall with 1146 points, but Dodge were the lowest finishing constructor with just 151 points, almost half of Chevrolet. Dodge pulled out of NASCAR after this season due to low success and not being able to attract any teams or drivers to use a Charger chassis for 2013 after Penske Racing switched to Ford.

Specifications:
Body Style: NASCAR Stock Car
Length: N/A
Width: N/A
Height: N/A
Wheelbase: N/A
Engine: Dodge 6.0 V8
Aspiration: Naturally Aspirated
Drivetrain: Front Engine Rear Wheel Drive
Power: 900 BHP
Torque: N/A
Weight: 1590 KG
Transmission: 4 Speed Manual

11-MICH-12.jpg

SamHornishJr12AllianceTruckPartsDodgeChallenger.jpg
%252312%2520Alliance%2520Truck%2520Parts.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to see a Challenger NASCAR in GT, they look very good!
I would too, but since this never raced in the Sprint Cup series (which all of GT6's current NASCAR cars have) and since they haven't even added any Dodge NASCAR's yet, I'm not expecting to see it anytime soon, especially since it doesn't race in NASCAR anymore outside of smaller teams using ex-Penske chassis..

Back