The PC2 World Classic SeriesPS4 

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 90 comments
Right, Le Mans 24H weekend is coming up, a fantastic Porsche / Ferrari battle is on the cards, and there's no best way to start such a weekend then us having our own small taste of that race!

Sooo here's our own Le Mans experience!

PROJECT CARS 2 WORLD CLASSIC SERIES

24 HOURS OF
LE MANS
(in 75 minutes)

La-Sarthe-Thumb.webp

That will take place next

June 14th 2024

Lobby opening for all players at
8 PM (UK/PT Time)

Cars racing this time will be LMP900 class, but available to us human entrants (and after much indecision and deliberation) the choice has come to the best of the best, the

Audi R8

Team-Audi-1999.jpg

And the

Toyota GT-One
1998-Le-Mans24-jb-0059.jpg

EVENT SETTINGS

A) LOBBY AND RULES/PENALTIES

• Private Lobby - Invite only
  • Fill vacant slots with AI - Yes (16 cars on the grid regardless of how many human players)
  • Wait for race ready - On
  • Rules & Penalties - On
  • Track Limit Penalties - On
  • Allowable Time Penalty - 30
  • Drive Through Penalties - Off
  • Pit Exit Penalty - Off
  • Competitive Racing License - Off

B) RACE AND REALISM SETTINGS
  • Track is "Le Mans"
  • Rolling Start
  • Allow Auto Start Engine -Yes
  • Force Interior view - No
  • Force Driving Line Off - No
  • Force Default Setups - No
  • Force Manual Gears - No
  • Force Realistic Driving Aids - No
  • Allow Anti Lock Brakes - Yes
  • Allow Traction Control - No
  • Allow Stability Control - No
  • Damage Type - Visual Only
  • Mechanical Failures - Yes
  • Allow Ghosted Vehicles - Yes
  • Force Manual Pit stops - Yes
  • Pit Stop Errors - No
  • Tire Wear - Accelerated
  • Fuel Depletion - On
  • Force cool down Lap - No

C) WEATHER/TIME OF DAY:
  • Free Practise - clear sky, night time (11:00 PM)
  • Qualifying - Overcast, daytime (11:00 AM)
  • Race - Starts at 3:00 PM, goes through a day/night/day cycle and ends at approximately the same hour. Weather will change during the race

D) SEASON
  • It is June (in this series the date will always be "Current Date") so for this game it is a "summer" race.

E) HUMAN DRIVEN CARS
  • Racers can only pick either the Audi R8 or the Toyota GT-One

F) AI DRIVEN CARS
  • Will be set to "Same Class" meaning they can choose whatever LMP900 car. The field will, regardless of how many human entrants, always have 16 cars, the AI filling all available slots.
  • The AI setting, always a contentious issue, has aggression level set to 100 (maximum) because I find that with this setting they are the mostly competent and predictable possible. The Skill level will be set with the aim of making the AI slower than us humans but not by much. They won't do impossible laptimes, but they won'te be pushovers, that I promise.
  • In any case don't treat them as if they arent there, because even a damage-less crash (remember damage is set to "Visual Only") remains a costly experience (in time lost if nothing else). Plus if you have a crash that leaves you without headlights during the night period that will mean either a mandatory pit visit or a huge gamble, with more crashes being very probable.
  • There are places where the AI is dangerous. The most dangerous is, by far, the approach/braking into the "bus stop" chicane. If you have an AI car close behind you there, you better either let him past or learn how to block successfuly, he will either attempt an overtake or outright punt you there. Everywhere else, they aren't much of an hassle, but they tend to not give an inch of track, especially under braking, so son't do risky overtakes or last minute lunges, you'll end up facing the wall or the wrong side of the track (and you'll only have yourself to blame)

G) RANDOM SUGGESTIONS
  • Pits are fully manual. This means you will still be driving your car inside the pit lane, and you must be the one parking it in your pit stall. It is best if you don't have a "pit limiter" button set because then the game will activate the limiter for you (same happens with headlights, but people usually like to have full control over them.

• Strategy - You'll need to think a LOT about strategy. there could be rain at the start ... or not. There could be rain in the last quarter of the race ... or not. Soft Tyres are a definite advantage, but they don't last much. Hard tyres make you slower, but they last a lot longer. If the race starts wet, you'll need to hava a "dry" pit strategy, if not it would be waise to have a "wet" strategy. You will also need to add fuel at some point, there's no way a full tank will last the 75 minutes. So, think it over. And - if you haven't already - learn to use the menu so you can fine tune/adapt your pit strategy while racing.

• Setups - The cars change their behaviour a lot from "tank full" to tank empty", and from fresh to worn out tyres. A good setup is something personal, so I can only say that I didn't change much, just tried for a safe/predictable car to drive and this means I think "Stable" as baseline is better even if not faster. Added some downforce and that was it. During Free Practise I will share my setup with anyone wanting it.

H) THE EVENT

• LOBBY - will be open and invites will be sent a few minutes before 8 PM(UK and PT time, 9 PM in most of continental Europe).

• PRACTISE AND QUALIFYING - You don't have to take part in either of these! Just make sure you enter the lobby well before the end of quali, or else you won't be able to enter the race.
    • Practise will last 15 minutes (night time, so you get an idea of it) track will be DRY
    • Qualifying will last 15 minutes. (day time) track will be DRY
    • RACE - This one you must enter! It will last 75 minutes but accelerated by a x20 factor, so it will simulate an aproximated 24h cycle (day/night/day).

• WEATHER (in Race) - Mostly DRY, but with possible, sudden and brief showers. Details as follows:
    • 4 slots, first random, all others dry.
    • This time with a x10 multiplication factor (means 10 slots per hour, each lasting about 6 minutes).
    • So here's what the entire race looks like (Random slots highlighted):
      • slot #1 - RANDOM (start to 6 minutes)
      • slot #2 - LIGHT CLOUD (6 to 12 minutes)
      • slot #3 - CLEAR (12 to 18 minutes)
      • slot #4 - OVERCAST (18 to 24 minutes)
      • slot #5 - RANDOM (24 to 30 minutes)
      • slot #6 - LIGHT CLOUD (30 to 36 minutes)
      • slot #7 - CLEAR (36 to 42 minutes)
      • slot #8 - OVERCAST (42 to 48 minutes)
      • slot #9 - RANDOM (48 to to 54 minutes)
      • slot #10 - LIGHT CLOUD (54 to 60 minutes)
      • slot #11 - CLEAR (60 to 66 minutes)
      • slot #12 - OVERCAST (66 to 72 minutes)
      • slot #13 - RANDOM (72 minutes to end)

See you tomorrow at La Sarthe!

Last edited:
Racers can only pick either the Audi R8 or the Toyota GT-One
Didn't you say Bentley, BMW and Toyota? Appears I've just wasted 2 hours practicing in and setting up a car I can't use anymore.

Thank you Mario for the briefing! Looks tricky with all those weather slots.
Hint - the wet tire is not too bad in the dry.

I will probabily arrive just in time for practice. As I didn't use any of those cars, I will pick the one with least contenders to "fill up" the grid.

Idea - We can have a "constructors score" to see which manufacturer will pick more points.

By the way, regarding the "real" Le Mans race, it's not only Porsche and Ferrari, Caddies,Toyotas and BMWs are also very fast!

The hyperpole was already AMAZING to watch, the race will be HUGE!

@half_sourly I did. And I am sorry about your time wasted, although I also share that loss (although Inunderstand that is to be expected with me having the organizing duties).

The fact is that with the testing done yesterday night I became convinced, without a doubt, that the BMW's very difficult handling meant that it could never be a match for the other two. Also, it became clear to me that drivers of equal skill could lap some 2 seconds per lap faster in the Toyota than they could with the Bentley. So, what to do? Either go single make (open car attending to Paul's request) or allow two more-or-less evely matched cars, one of which open top.

The obvious choice, avoiding a single-make, is to pick the 2 best cars, one open and one closed. Although I have to say that I think the Audi is clearly the better of the two so my advice, although the Toyota option is open, is to go the Audi way.

Sorry for the rambling and especially for leaving the testing and decision to such a late moment, but I didnt have the time earlier this week as I wished I had.

@GTP_RPREGO the best choice is the Audi, especially when you (and I suspect almost everyone else) had litle or no practise this week. It is a really easy car to drive, lots of grip available and sound, balanced behaviour.

Last edited:
Hello!

I have to thank everyone for waiting for me to start the race. I was getting disconnected, apparently it was something in the router because after a hard reset it worked well.

The car was very tricky. I didn't practice beforehand, and I had the toyota with 0/0 downforce.A bullet in the straights, a disaster in the corners..

Anyway, the race started well in P2, but the AI that crashed me in Indianapolis on lap 1 took my headlights off... so I started struggling at nightfall, total darkness... and both FLAT and HALF overtook me.

When daylight came back, I had to pit with worn tires and no fuel. And then 2 laps later... heavy rainfall!

Pit again, took 4 wet tires, and then cruised to the end in P4. It would be my place anyway I guess looking at the laptimes.

Lots of fun, really enjoying this championship.
Cheers to the organizer*!!!!

*A remark: what a COINCIDENCE that FLAT pitted at.the moment the rain started...

No COINCIDENCE! :lol:

It so happens that I have a fantastic race engineer, the kind of guy that gives timely advice!

49:40 .... the moment that made my race!

Quick recap tomorrow! 😉

Last edited:
Thank you for the video!

Just reviewed the moment at 29:30, I had no headlights and missed the braking point for the 1st Porsche right turn.
Quick reset, but HALF and FLAT were too close and HALF spun after hitting me.
My apologies @half_sourly 😞

@Hun200kmh regarding your engineer, the guy is good indeed...

Last edited:
Thank you for the video!

Just reviewed the moment at 29:30, I had no headlights and missed the braking point for the 1st Porsche right turn.
Quick reset, but HALF and FLAT were too close and HALF spun after hitting me.
My apologies @half_sourly 😞

@Hun200kmh regarding your engineer, the guy is good indeed...
No worries. I have not watched the replay but don't think I hit you, think I went off track because my mind wandered thinking what was going on with you suddenly appearing in the middle of the track, especially with the earlier connection issues. So the blame is all mine.

Exactly! At Fuji, where in 1976 Niki Lauda found the conditions too dangerous and quit the race, thus ending the championship battle with Hunt.

Now the question is ... are you guys Laudas or Hunts?

(And Im not even saying why the conditions were dangerous, I think too much of you all to insult you!)

:sly:

And now for a belated quick recap

I already knew our numbers would be smaller for this race because both @PANDACoff33 and our french friends couldn't show up. In any case I was sent a PM stating a renewed interest from hellraiser (american) and so I was counting on 7 racers (Duarte, raeggee, Ricardo, myself, Paul and half and finally hellraiser).

However ... hellraiser never showed up and Duarte had connection problems that made him give up. And then there were five ;)

This meant that, especially at Le Mans of all places, I couldn't ditch the AI cars, even if that meant me risking the wrath of @half_sourly :sly:

After a few failed attempts, trying to get Duarte and Ricardo to keep a connection to the lobby, we finally started our race with a random grid, not respecting the qualifying results. @half_sourly even asked if we should consider them and make a formation, but in a quick and probably not well thought manner I decided against it, considering the race was long enough to even the odds between us all. I would live to regret that decision, LOL

In any case, a reference should be made to the amazing qualifying lap that raeggee pulled off. That 3.33,0 was very impressive!

So I was placed at the back of the grid, we started and as is becoming usual for me in this championship (that's 3 out of 3) my first few laps were a disaster. This happened (times mentioned are from the video above):

4:30 - got brake-checked by @half_sourly and was demoted to 15th with last place 16th all over me

7:00 - Same ... he's out to get me!

14:10 - by the 3rd lap, being already 5th (but with some 12 seconds lost to raeggee in the lead), and after some cautious driving that would prove valuable later on ... I locked the rear tyres on the approach to Indianapolis and spun! :banghead:

Rejoined the race in 12th positiom, with another 12 seconds lost to the leader (now some 24 seconds in front).

After this I just got my head down and tried to drive as best as I could. I'm not going to do a lap by lap account of this (it's called a quick recap :D ) but my moving up the order was as follows:

16:10 (lap 4) - I overtook a BMW and Paul and got to 10th at the start of the Hunaudiéres straight (slipstream to the rescue, and I suspect Paul was racing with a greater downforce level so suffering in top speed)

16:40 - I suspect @IfAndOr tried to accelerate sooner than he should to get my slipstream after the first chicane (where his greater downforce level gave him some advantage). At least I hope I wasn't the cause for that spin

I ended lap 4 in 5th position due to 3 overtakes on AI cars and because 2 more AIs pitted at the end of that lap, can't imagine why ... :odd:

Still, raeggeee out in front with 25+ seconds on me, followed some 11 seconds behind by Ricardo, than @half_sourly already more than 20 seconds adrift in 3rd, one AI 4th and me close to both of them

20: 30 (lap 4) - another slipstream overtake (AI car) and get to 4th, close behind @half_sourly. Followed him for the remainder of that lap (similar pace) until ...

23:23 - DISASTER again, I spun for a second time at the Tertre Rouge! I don't even understand exactly what happened there, watching the replay I think I turned too early, got afraid of getting a penalty for cutting the corner so corrected and then ... lost it! :indiff:

Thankfully the car stopped pointed in the right direction so I didn't lose more than 5 seconds (and lost no racetrack position). But now I was (20 minutes in, with 55 to go) already over half a minute behind raeggee, doing a flawless drive up front.

During lap 7 I managed to "reconnect" with half and meanwhile Ricardo must have had his own costly spin because suddenly we were all 3 very close to each other (2nd, 3rd, and 4th). Then comes ...

29:30 - ... where Ricardo ( @GTP_RPREGO ) lost his car in the Porsche Curve and was then collected by @half_sourly that spins after hitting him. I know Ricardo very gentlemanly already took the blame for this but after watching the scene a few times I must stress that we should refrain from using the reset button unless we are absolutely certain no cars are approaching, to avoid these consequences. I'm not setting a rule here, just asking everyone to do their best in this kind of situation.

So, after that moment at almost half-race I ascend to be 2nd on track, still some 30 seconds behind the leader. And I worked hard to reduce that difference for a few laps where nothing relevant really happened. Until ...

47:40 (lap 12) - ... the moment that I noticed a sudden drop in ragggee's advantage (still close to 20 seconds in lap 12) that was caused, as I soon realized, by him pitting. I still had fuel for one more lap so I decided to stay out and experience being in 1st place for a change :D

49:40 - And then it happened. During lap 13 my radio engineer tells me rain is expected and this was music to my ears! Adjusted the pit strategy to fit wets in my upcoming pitstop, and thought "not sure about others, but raeggee surely fitted slicks and he will have to pit again, so I'm keeping the lead".

52:20 - Only to watch, a litle bemused, raeggee go by when I was pitted, with rain already falling. Talked to him later and he said he only noticed the wet track and raindrops when it was already too late to pit.

54:40 - I didn't even need a full lap to get to raeggee, caught him on the exit of Mulsanne corner, he just couldnt get traction out of there. And that was when I got to 1st and never lost that place again. Nice victory, with a lot of help from the changeable weather (that you can't predict because of the random slot policy) and also from my earlier misfortune, that made me save fuel while behind AIs in the first few laps.

Now, onto Fuji, to be run on the weekend of June 28th to 30th. Will try to come up with settings for this (my main concern being the AI of course), and I need to test if we can keep the random slots or if, as it happened in Bannochbrae, the track becomes undriveable after rain hits.

If anyone has preference (or impediment) for a particular day during the above mentioned weekend, please state it here.

One thing is for sure, and this will be a relief both for me and for @half_sourly: there are no doubts on what car will be used! :D

:cheers:

Last edited:
4:30 - got brake-checked by @half_sourly
Wow, quite the accusation. Have a look at the replay again. Pretty sure the AI in front of me blocked my way. Brake checking is deliberately braking early to cause someone behind you to take avoiding action. That's not what that was. Dunlop is dangerous enough for me without having skill or effort left to play dirty tactics. :)

Lol half, I think we know each other enough by now to even think that our racing could feature dirty tactics.

But I will reply considering thenpossibility that you are really offended by what I wrote and I will say this. I certainly dont think that you brake-checked me is a possiility and if I had even considered that I would never post about it, would instead go straight up to you by PM to sort this out.

So Im sorry if my joking didnt come through, I do think you are one of the cleanest racers out there, one that I would never be wary of engaging in close quarters racing.

Hope I cleared this

Hello!

I have a wedding on Saturday so I would only be able to race either on Friday (28) or Sunday (30). I hope it is not an inconvenient.

Cheers

Last edited:
Can't do Friday and wont be able to race Sunday evening. So, my suggestion is to open the lobby Sunday 16:00 (UK/PT). Next week's Grand Prix starts at 14:00 so for those that want to watch until the end should give enough time to enter the lobby during the free practise period. Please reply here if youbare available so I can reach a decision and publish it (and share outside gtplanet for those that are PSN-only friends.

PS - tried this car yesterday, I think it was the 1st time I drive it, and it is a difficult one (with Fuji not being an easy track). Also I couldnt get an AI that behaved. With this in mind I am seriously considering that this race will be human-only. Still on the fence about us having a random weather slot too.

Tell me your thoughts, I'd like to decide and publish the event details tomorrow or tuesday at the latest.

Last edited:
Hello Mario! I just talked to reaggee, you can count on us for sunday afternoon.

Looks quite hard this Lotus, quite a challenge...

Cheers everyone!

Last edited:
Ok, it is set then. Race will happen this Sunday, with lobby opening at 4 PM (UK/PT time), so it will happen after we all watched the Austrian GP.

Before I make the "event post" I will say that the inclusion of AI for this race might be problematic. No matter what settings are tested, there are parts of this track where the AI drives at speeds that are almost impossible to achieve for us poor humans. And, worse still, they act as if we weren't there so either we actively avoid them and even leave the normal racing line to not be punted, or we risk disaster.

So ... I still have to work out the finer details (especially race duration) but unless attendance is in a very low number I will ditch the AI.

Weather is also still under consideration. I am low on time available (for fun activities) these past weeks and haven't yet tested a wet Fuji. No idea if it becomes undriveable (as in Bannochbrae) or just a more delicate affair (like WG or LM).

Finnaly, I am considering a repeat of Le Mans (but as a one-off race and without points being awarded) because a few of the ones not attending expressed to me their desire to do this race.

If you all agree I will probably do it Sunday July 7th, again after that weekend's Grand Prix (Silverstone), so at about 4 PM once again.

I'll be waiting your take on all matters addressed in this post and tomorrow I will publish the Fuji Event details.

:gtpflag:

Fuji isn't too bad in the wet - as long as you control the weather. A random heavy downpour might prove to be problematic. Especially in the F1 cars.

And remember these cars don't have headlights. 😉

A suggestion I've adapted to a longer race length from a previous one I held at Fuji in the V8 Supercars. I think it should work. See what you think.
FUJI

Race length = 60 minutes

Time/date
Default date from game.
16:00 start time
2x progression
Spring (from default)

Weather
4 slots - Light rain / Medium cloud / Light cloud / Hazy
5x progression

The weather pattern is repeated but it'll look slightly different because of the time progression. It shouldn't rain for too long but wet the track enough to make it interesting.

There's a slightly random transition but in general it'll start wet then the rain will quite quickly stop and the track slowly dries. Towards the end of the race there will be a further shower with the track maybe beginning to dry again. Hopefully the sun will just be setting to the right of Mount Fuji as the race ends, with some nice lighting effects (on PS4). Again hopefully, it's not too dark since it's only 6pm. (I remember the track lighting just coming on)

There'll be the decision of if or when you change the tyres. Twice!

I've not tried the AI around there too much, so can't really help. Might give them a go to see.

As to wether I can make it... Not sure. The earlier time might be a problem. Plus it's a bit warm here now!

Last edited:
I will try it tonight (the wet Fuji I mean). I will never add a "wet" slot to the race, what I am considering is either to add a "random" or not. I like to keep the weather unpredictable! :D

And, sorry to say because we are already on a thursday, I will only post tomorrow the event thread with all settings decided!

In any case, the start hour is defined (4 PM) the car and track also. And I have made up my mind about the inclusion of AI like this. If we have 8 or more humans (like we had in WG) I won't have AIs racing us this time. If 7 or less (like at Le Mans) the AIs will fill the grid.

Anyone available to join me on tonight's weather settings test and help me reach a decision? Practise will do you good whatever the settings, the car is difficult!

Thanks, always good to have company! :D

One piece of curious info I got when looking for decent pictures of the Lotus 78 at Fuji. This car raced there in 1977 (and got pole position, with Mario Andretti). This I knew, what I didn't know is that Gunnar Nilsson, Andretti's team mate, a rising star whose life and career was cut shortly after (due to cancer), raced this Fuji event with a different livery, something not possible today.

Red car, sponsored by Imperial Tobacco (Andretti raced with the usual JPS livery).

Here's Gunnar Nilsson racing the Lotus 78 at Fuji in 1977.

Lotus78-Imperial-Tobacco.jpg

Last edited:
Test finished. The track remains entirely driveable (no large puddles from left to right anywhere, in fact only one change of the normal racing line is required, penultimate corner). The wet tyres do their job, if anything the car becomes even easier to drive and the loss of grip is more predictable than with slicks.

So, we will have random weather slots, therefore the possibility of rain. @IfAndOr now that this has been decided I will study your settings, and many thanks for sharing them!

Another thing I found is that the car won't require fuel (a full tank would last more than 50 laps, that's a full 2 hour long Grand Prix and we're not doing that).

As for tyres, and because my main concern was wet weather, I really don't know how many laps can be done with a set of slicks (in a 100% dry race) but I suspect they will last at least 30 laps, so probably an entire race (Im thinking setting it to something like 50 minutes, not sure yet).

Finally, I think I found a decent AI setting so we will most probably have them.

Full details tomorrow!

Last edited:
Hello, I also entered the test yesterday, the car was so smooth to drive in the wet.
Engine damage can be an issue, it overheats a lot.

It will be a really fun race, looking forward to sunday.

Ok, let's continue our trip down memory lane and present the 4th leg of this classic series.

PROJECT CARS 2 WORLD CLASSIC SERIES

PRESENTS

ITS FIRST
CLASSIC F1 RACE!
THE ...

Fuji-speedway-eastgate.jpg

FUJI SPEEDWAY F1 GRAND PRIX

(in 55 minutes)

That will take place next
June 30th 2024

Lobby opening for all players at
4 PM (UK/PT Time)

Cars racing this time will be from the Vintage F1-B class, and that means the one and only

1977-Dutch-GP-Mario-Andretti-Lotus-78.webp

Lotus 78
(Pictured: Mario Andretti, 1977 Dutch Grand Prix)

EVENT SETTINGS

A) LOBBY AND RULES/PENALTIES

• Private Lobby - Invite only
  • Fill vacant slots with AI - Yes (16 cars on the grid regardless of how many human players)
  • Wait for race ready - On
  • Rules & Penalties - On
  • Track Limit Penalties - On
  • Allowable Time Penalty - 30
  • Drive Through Penalties - Off
  • Pit Exit Penalty - Off
  • Competitive Racing License - Off

B) RACE AND REALISM SETTINGS
  • Track is "Fuji Speedway"
  • Standing Start
  • Allow Auto Start Engine -Yes
  • Force Interior view - No
  • Force Driving Line Off - No
  • Force Default Setups - No
  • Force Manual Gears - No
  • Force Realistic Driving Aids - No
  • Allow Anti Lock Brakes - Yes
  • Allow Traction Control - No
  • Allow Stability Control - No
  • Damage Type - Visual Only
  • Mechanical Failures - Yes
  • Allow Ghosted Vehicles - Yes
  • Force Manual Pit stops - Yes
  • Pit Stop Errors - No
  • Tire Wear - Accelerated
  • Fuel Depletion - On
  • Force cool down Lap - No

C) WEATHER/TIME OF DAY:
  • Free Practise - Light Rain - 11:00
  • Qualifying - Clear - 12:00
  • Race - Variable (details below) - 13:00

D) SEASON
  • It is June 30th (in this series the date will always be "Current Date") so for this game it is a "summer" race.

E) HUMAN DRIVEN CARS
  • Lotus 78

F) AI DRIVEN CARS
  • Will be set to "Same Class" but it'll still be a single-make Lotus 78 field (the game has no other car in this class). The field will, regardless of how many human entrants, always have 16 cars, the AI filling all available slots.
  • The AI setting, always a contentious issue, will have their aggression level set to 70 and skill level set to 35, that was the best compromise I found. Still they are impossibly fast in the long right hander and you best get out of their way there. Everywhere else they are ok. Considerably closer to human pace in the dry than in the wet.
  • In any case don't treat them as if they arent there, because even a damage-less crash (remember damage is set to "Visual Only") remains a costly experience (in time lost if nothing else).

G) RANDOM SUGGESTIONS
  • Pits are fully manual. This means you will still be driving your car inside the pit lane, and you must be the one parking it in your pit stall. It is best if you don't have a "pit limiter" button set because then the game will activate the limiter for you (same happens with headlights, but people usually like to have full control over them.

• Strategy - You won't need fuel for this race (as long as you fill the tank to do at least 50 laps, that should be more than enough - I predict we will get close to 40 laps by race end). Tyres are also an easy pick, you only have one slick tyre, no soft or hard options. Also no intermediate tyres, so it«s either slicks or wets. Speaking of which, you'll need to think and act quickly regarding the capricious weather we may face. There could be rain at the start ... or not. There could be rain in the middle of the race ... or not. And there could be rain at the end of the race ... or not! :D

• Setups - A good setup is something personal, but both the car and the track make it even more so. Fuji's long straight favours low downforce, but everything in between is cornering with all kinds of radius and the car is very tricky so ... do as you wish. I'm not keeping secrets here, I will share my own setup with anyone wanting it, but I really think each person will go different ways to find "their" car.

H) THE EVENT

• LOBBY - will be open and invites will be sent a few minutes before 4 PM(UK and PT time, 5 PM in most of continental Europe). This has been timed according to the approximate finish of the real life Austrian Grand Prix, so just skip hearing the Dutch/Austrian hymns in succession and fire up the PS4 as soon as that other race ends! ;)

• PRACTISE AND QUALIFYING - You don't have to take part in either of these! Just make sure you enter the lobby well before the end of quali, or else you won't be able to enter the race.
    • Practise will last 15 minutes track will be WET
    • Qualifying will last 15 minutes track will be DRY
    • RACE - This one you must enter! It will last 55 minutes (real time)

• WEATHER (in Race) - Mostly DRY, but with possible, sudden and brief showers. Details as follows:
    • 4 slots, first random, all others dry.
    • x10 multiplication factor (means 10 slots per hour, each lasting about 6 minutes).
    • So here's what the entire race looks like (Random slots highlighted):
      • slot #1 - RANDOM (start to 6 minutes)
      • slot #2 - LIGHT CLOUD (6 to 12 minutes)
      • slot #3 - CLEAR (12 to 18 minutes)
      • slot #4 - OVERCAST (18 to 24 minutes)
      • slot #5 - RANDOM (24 to 30 minutes)
      • slot #6 - LIGHT CLOUD (30 to 36 minutes)
      • slot #7 - CLEAR (36 to 42 minutes)
      • slot #8 - OVERCAST (42 to 48 minutes)
      • slot #9 - RANDOM (48 to to 54 minutes)
      • slot #10 - LIGHT CLOUD (55th minute to end)

See you Sunday at Fuji!

Back