Dodge/Mobil 1 Series GAD 100KM at Rome, room opens 12 pm est Sat

• Thread starter Ganon83
  • 332 comments
Thanks for starting the race without me. I guess I'm too busy of a person to be waiting to read these threads all day. I work two jobs on Friday. I assumed the race started at its normal start time. WTH.......now I have no desire anymore. I had to setup my car, then put a kid to sleep so I can race with you guys. I go outta my way to make it to track for the regular start time. And a day before the race you bump the time up earlier. How is that a standard practice? It just really p's me off that I go out of my way by putting my family on hold, only to find out the race started 25 minutes ago. Oh well, I may be back. But I may not want to hassle my family for GT5 anymore. Such a waste of my precious time. You will know how it is one day guys, when u grow up, I guess.

(Sorry for double posting.)

Great racing guys, and congrats to RPH for sweeping the weekend.

Did the math. RPH has 69 points, I am tied with Niop with 68 points. Very close points race, will be interesting throughout the next 4 races. 👍

Last edited:
Looking at the SSRX replay I can't tell whether me or Carbonox past the line first for 2nd. Some angles, it looked as if I crossed first, while at other angles, looked like Carbonox. Due to GT5's sloppy photo mode when viewing online replays, I couldn't get a good look of both cars.

Can someone view the replay and see who finished 2nd? Maybe post a photo of the finish?

I spent a grand total of 30 minutes trying to analyze that (One of the reasons why it took so long to post the 4th race), and I gave up and concluded it to Carbonox.

I could almost swear it said +0.061 for Storm and +0.071 for me at the race results, look, here I am racking up good sportsmanship points. :P

I could almost swear it said +0.061 for Storm and +0.071 for me at the race results, look, here I am racking up good sportsmanship points. :P

If that was the case... :sly:

Photomode really frustrates me. All I got was a blurry pic that placed the cars farther away from the line than they really were. :rolleyes:

specialstageroutexm.jpg

I seriously cannot tell who crossed the line first. Looking at Carbonox's car it looks like it's ahead of mine, yet I look at mine and it looks like it is ahead of Carb's.

I do recall seeing my name ahead of Carbonox in the results, but GT5's online race results are sloppy.

Last edited:
I seriously cannot tell who crossed the line first. Looking at Carbonox's car it looks like it's ahead of mine, yet I look at mine and it looks like it is ahead of Carb's.

I do recall seeing my name ahead of Carbonox in the results, but GT5's online race results are sloppy.

If you just held back and took a 3rd place without any hassle, this wouldn't have to be investigated so closely. :sly:

The Dodge/Mobil 1 Weekly Roundup!
The points battle is heating up
After an amazing win streak on Saturday, RedPartyHat has come out from seemingly nowhere to take the points lead and became both the first multiple race winner and the first driver to have a win streak in D/M1 racing. RPH leads Niop by a single point and Stormtrooper by only 3 points.

The closest finish in D/M1 history.....
For 2nd place. It was so close many including myself are still trying to analyze it and declare who got it. It's possible that although Carb is currently being credited with 2nd, that it could be declared a tie where both drivers would recieve 2nd place points (And would bump Storm into a 2nd place points tie with Niop). The deadline for a change will be 24 hours before the start of HSR.

Can Stormtrooper shock the world?
Stormtrooper is only 3 points away from RPH and 2 points away from Niop. Coming off of a pretty good Nationwide rookie season that netted him "rookie of the year" honors, can Storm knock off the two Cup regulars and claim the inagural championship for himself? Maybe, but he would need to heed the words of Al Davis first: "Just win, baby"

Some notes bout "tar's"
Expect High Speed Ring to be the final race the D/M1 series will run on racing hards exclusively. Starting from Motegi on, expect to run exclusively on racing mediums. Also, there will be a wet weather test following the race at HSR to see how the cars would react in a possible rain race for next season.

And finally..... whats in a name?
The Ryan Newman Fondation is a charity near and dear to my heart. Started in 2005 by Sprint Cup driver Ryan Newman and his wife Krissie, they focus on raising awareness for spraying and neutering pets and have helped open up spraying/neutering clinics around the United States. (Maybe they could work on Carb......) They also work in conservation and helps fund a college scholarship program. For more information, please go to http://www.ryannewmanfoundation.org/

High Speed Ring is one of my best tracks in the whole game. Be ready guys, I'm ready to pounce. :sly:

Actually no, it's 5:30 PM GMT. We had 5 last week because of the double shot. Qually is 6:10 GMT.

TDZdave/ TDZ-4-12-14-88/ TDZ PENSKE #72, Black/ White/ Red,

correct???

also, I've looked through the first 3 pages of the thread and can't find the vehicle spec's,
What are they?

Back