Does anyone have the Playseat Revolution?

• Thread starter PirovacBoy
  • 11 comments

PirovacBoy

Premium
Germany
Cologne/Germany
PirovacBoy
Hello People, I‘m absolutely new to sim racing I just bought my first Wheel 2Months ago. Right now I have my T150 mounted to an IKEA Kallax Shelf and my T3PA bolted on the bottom plate. I‘m sitting on a Gaden Chair and I really love it. BUT, my back. After long sessions it starts to hurt and so I decided to buy something healthier for my back.
I‘ve ordered a Playseat Challenge which will be delivered tomorrow. I already got some positive feedback and opinions about that Seat, but I couldn’t help myself and ordered a Playseat Revolution today so i can compare them both and will then decide which one i‘ll keep.
My question is, does anyone have the Playseat Revolution and is willing to tell me his impressions about that thing. I only got very little information on the Internet and no real review but i‘m curious to hear some opinions. I read only a few reviews about the Playseat Evolution and they were pretty average. Especially the Pedal Plate mount was a big issue when using pedals with a brake mod. It shall not be very stable and sturdy and therefore braking very unprecise. Can anyone confirm this. If yes, how can it be solved? I‘d be really glad to get some feedback.
Edit: Driving right now with my current „Ghetto Setup“ feels amazing and super sturdy and precise. Nothing is wobbling or shaking and driving feels marvelous.But like I said, it hurts my back seriously maybe another Chair would be all I have to change.
Edit2: And how about the RaceRoom3055 would that be the best solution compared to the Playseat Stuff i really got no Clue.

Last edited:
Hi
I changed my Playseat Evo for the Raceroom with Stiffening profiles the RR is much more stabil, i have no problems with the cls elite pedals with LC Brake.
I would never go back to the Playseat because of the unstable pedal bracket and the disturbing middle rod.

I had the Playseat and ended up switching to a GT Omega Pro recently. The Playseat just wasn't adjustable enough, and I was only comfortable racing for about an hour in it. I never had any problems with the cockpit not being stable, it just wasn't comfortable enough for longer racing sessions.

I had an Evolution (99.99% the same) for 8 years before I replaced the seat in it and used it for another 4 years or so. Good rig for the money. THe GT Omega is pretty similar. I don't think you can go wrong with either one for the money.

Jerome

I had an Evolution (99.99% the same) for 8 years before I replaced the seat in it and used it for another 4 years or so. Good rig for the money. THe GT Omega is pretty similar. I don't think you can go wrong with either one for the money.

Jerome

The GT Omega Pro with the RS9 seat is miles ahead of the Playseat in terms of comfort. The seat is just 10 x better and it's much more adjustable.

I would never go back to the Playseat because of the unstable pedal bracket and the disturbing middle rod.
The middle post is the reason why I can't be doing with most of Playseat's stuff. At least the Challenge doesn't have that issue.

The middle post is the reason why I can't be doing with most of Playseat's stuff. At least the Challenge doesn't have that issue.

I guess I'll never understand the gripe with the center post. It never was an issue for me once and I've got a 36"inseam on my jeans #daddylonglegs

Jerome

I guess I'll never understand the gripe with the center post. It never was an issue for me once and I've got a 36"inseam on my jeans #daddylonglegs

Jerome
I find it gets in the way of heel and toeing., But I suspect that's going to vary from person to person.

The evolution I think could be a big issue for heel and toe because that middle post sits very close to the pedals.
However on the revolution, that central post is way above directly between the upper legs so the feet could move pretty much easily with no issues there.

For extra 'sturdiness' I placed a piece of wood under the pedal plate and used Velcro tape to avoid it slipping away during an intense throttle and brake session. Works perfect (for me).

IMG_20180125_150615_resized_20180125_030712940.jpg

Tried the Revolution and didn't like a lot of things about it. Looked long and hard at Obutto OZone but mrs doesn't approve the look. So I ended up ordering RSeat RS1. Still waiting for it to arrive but it's awesome looking. It's rare the mrs approves my "man cave accessory" for living room application.

I have one, and I've put some heavy mileage on my Playseat Revolution over the last six years. It's a decent entry level seat. It is reasonably priced, looks pretty cool, and it's light enough, and compact enough to move around or store if needed. However, that's where the good comments end unfortunately.

There are several issues with the Revolution. Most notably, its rigidity and its comfort; which in my opinion are more important then the aesthetics and storage capabilities.

Starting with the rigidity issues, there is a lot of flexing from the steering base, steering bar and the pedal bracket. If using a high force feed back setting, it is possible to loosen the steering wheel mounting from all of the twisting that occurs. I've since modified my steering mount and adjustment bar to prevent that from happening, but the excessive flex is still there. Additional to that, the pedal bracket is weak. It can and will bend over time. I remedied mine by welding a steel reinforcement on the pedal base after it bent from hard applications.

Lastly, and most importantly, is the comfort. It's simply just not that comfortable of a sim rig. The seat looks cool, but it's poorly padded and has zero lumbar support. On top of that, the adjust-ability of the rig is limited, and getting a realistic position for a 6 ft tall driver is challenging. The leg adjustment is fine, but with the steering wheel at its furthest and highest, it's still to close for comfortable racing. The Revolution rig has left me with back pains on many occasions, and trying to add seat cushions and lumbar supports has only exacerbated the poor ergonomics of the rig.

I'm currently looking into a new rig, and the Rseat rigs seems to be the most appealing so far; But i still have a bunch of research to do before committing to one and I recommend anyone looking into a new rig to exercise the same kind of due diligence.

In closing, my advice on the Revolution is this; If you are a physically smaller person, and a mild to moderate sim racer, (ie. Once or twice a week for no more than 1 hour per session) then you can get away with this rig. If you are taller though, play more often, and want a more realistic set up, I'd suggest spending a little more and finding a more comfortable and solid rig.

Last edited:
Back