Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,493 comments
Advertised stuff for Smackdown tonight...so far.

Cody Rhodes will kick off the show.
Logan Paul returns.
Carmelo Hayes v Andrade.

Next weeks Smackdown will be taped tonight because of the Japanese tour next week.

Its been reported today that whilst CM Punk still hasn't been cleared his match with Drew McIntyre will happen and that they are confident about it, in addition to that Seth Rollins will probably be involved as special guest referee. Not sure if I like that last bit.

I can't see Rollins as a ref, but I also can't see him interfering either. I really don't know how else they can involve him.

I know no one watches AEW but the long match between MJF and Ospreay this week was really good.

Last edited:
Yeah its pretty big news, especially for Lashley.

It basically means that WWE have no plans for them and they are not being discussed in the creative meetings. It might be more understandable for Tamina who hasn't had a TV match since February 2023 but for MVP and Lashley its pretty surprising.

Its been reported since that a contract was offered to Lashley but it wasn't the sort of offer that made him jump to sign it, he still wants to be wrestling when he leaves. There was talk of MVP being a booker or producer behind the scenes but it was nothing concrete.

CM Punk returns to Raw tonight.

Raw was good but they really need something new for Bron Breakker. I want to like him but spamming the spear button is just tiresome and the dominant heel trope is also ridiculously overdone even today that its the only part of Raw I skip over

Two more matches made for Summerslam, CM Punk announced he was medically cleared so he match with Drew McIntyre will finally take place and with Seth Rollins as special guest ref. Sami Zayn v Bron Breakker for the IC title has been made as Breakker beat Dragunov in a number one contenders match, Breakker won via a ref stoppage.

Elsewhere Bo Dallas/Uncle Howdy used a sister Abigail on Chad Gable which got a huge pop, Dominik made Liv Morgan cry by saying he hated her and told her to stay out of his life, the main event was Sami and Jey Uso v Finn and JD McDonagh.

Raw is going to be on SYFY for the next two weeks, I think maybe because of the Olympics??

Tama Tonga and Jacob Fatu will face Gargano and Ciampa for the tag titles on Smackdown this Friday after they won a tag team gauntlet on the taped show on Friday. It was a good match which took up much of the show and Tonga/Fatu were the last entrants who dispatched the Street Profit who had been in the match for a while up to that point.

Tama Tonga and Jacob Fatu will face Gargano and Ciampa for the tag titles on Smackdown this Friday after they won a tag team gauntlet on the taped show on Friday. It was a good match which took up much of the show and Tonga/Fatu were the last entrants who dispatched the Street Profit who had been in the match for a while up to that point.
Sucks this isn't on actual Summerslam for Gargano, but at least it's in Cleveland on Summerslam weekend I suppose

Advertised stuff for Raw tonight.

Seth Rollins to deliver referee instructions to Drew McIntyre and CM Punk.
Finn Balor v Gunther
Sheamus v Bronson Reed
Xavier Woods v Karrion Kross
Lyra Valkryia, Kayden Carter & Katana Chance v Sonya Deville, Shayna Baszler & Zoey Stark.

We are finally getting Balor v Gunther, apparently the match was supposed to happen four years ago but then the pandemic happened.

I wonder if Bloodsport will get mentioned tonight, Shayna Baszler and the Creed Bros all took part and won.

Summerslam is this Saturday.

Last edited:
So Raw was okay but nothing special.

Main event was Balor v Gunther which was good with Gunther winning with a sleeper hold which seemed a little anti-climatic, Priest and Gunther brawled after the match and as the show went off air. Rollins/McIntyre/Punk thing at the start of the show was okay but it didn't really do anything other than add some more build to the match.

There was nothing else worth mentioning really to be honest, it was one of those sort of shows, one interesting thing is that Wyatt Sicks will make their in-ring debut as a faction next week when they take on Chad Gable and the Creeds, it will be Rowan, Lumis and Gacy in the match for the Sicks.

Here is the Summerslam card for tomorrow night.

Intercontinental Championship.
Sami Zayn (c) v Bron Breakker

WWE Women's Championship.
Bayley (c) v Nia Jax

United States Championship.
Logan Paul (c) v LA Knight

Women's World Championship.
Liv Morgan (c) v Rhea Ripley

Drew McIntyre v CM Punk
(Special guest referee: Seth 'Freakin' Rollins)

World Heavyweight Championship.
Damien Priest (c) v Gunther

Undisputed WWE Championship.
Cody Rhodes (c) v Solo Sikoa

Smackdown tonight has DIY defending their tag titles against Tonga & Fatu of the Bloodline plus Fyre & Dawn defending their women's tag title against Belair & Cargill.

Any predictions for tomorrow?, I think Roman Reigns will return as a face with Heyman either during the Undisputed title match or after but I think Cody will retain regardless, Breakker will be new IC champ and LA Knight will finally end Logan Paul's reign, I'm not sure about Liv and Rhea but I can see Priest retaining, Bash In Berlin is later this month so Gunther can win the title there.

Last edited:
McIntyre and Punk can go either way. And I think Seth will screw Punk somehow and that'll get their feud going again.

Tama Tonga and Jacob Fatu are new WWE tag team champs after beating DIY on Smackdown last night, DIY lost the tag titles in Jonny Gargano's hometown and they only held the titles for 29 days.

I have been reading that Liv Morgan v Rhea Ripley will open the show tonight.

Womens World Title match was definitely the best match, so much story in Rhea and Liv throughout that got me invested and a great turn to end it. (Heel turning Heel, I guess...)

Drew vs. Punk was really good though I think Seth more hurt the match than he did help it however the storyline is still going on so it isn't the last we see of Drew and Punk

Gunter vs. Priest was pretty good too, the other 4 matches were quite boring though.

Last edited:
I was hoping the main event would last longer, but they probably had to rush it since it looked like Jacob got banged up during the table bit.

My favorite wrestler is Chris Jericho. I have the same first name as him. He currently has 3 children, so I know it's a full-time job for him. Taking care of his wife and kids while also in the wrestling business. Who's your alltime favorite? Also I used to be a fan of TNA back in the mid-2000's. Now I watch my wrestling stuff on the USA network.

Last edited:
All-time: Edge, simply because his ascent to the main event scene coincided with my impressionable early teen years

Recently, Stardom's Rina has been moving up my list. Current Future of Stardom Champion, has records for:
  • reign length (449 days and counting)
  • youngest upon winning (16)
  • (tied) most succrssful defenses (10) (incidentally, shares the record with her elder sister Hanan)
  • In one of my quietly favorite story developments, can surpass the defense record...by beating her twin sister Hina on the last night of this year's 5Star Grand Prix

Last edited:
My favorite wrestler is Chris Jericho. I have the same first name as him. He currently has 3 children, so I know it's a full-time job for him. Taking care of his wife and kids while also in the wrestling business. Who's your alltime favorite? Also I used to be a fan of TNA back in the mid-2000's. Now I watch my wrestling stuff on the USA network.
Eddie Guerrero Wwe GIF

Eddie - always and forever

So I couldn't see the show live because of work, and I had a bad day there so all I could think about was coming home to watch it, I have now seen it.

That's it for Judgment Day, Dominik turning on Rhea and Finn costing Damien, you could see that both was coming but both moments were still great, its sad that the group has come to an end but it's been a success as it elevated everyone in it, I think Rhea is going to become one of the biggest babyfaces in the company, I really enjoyed Priest's title reign and he has improved a lot in the past few months.

The Bloodline Rules match was only there for the Reigns return and the pop he got was huge!

Everything else was pretty forgettable to be honest, I agree with the four title changes, I'm happy for Bron Breakker picking up his first title on the main roster and LA Knight getting his first title in WWE, Bayley v Nia was a bit meh and I didn't really like the Drew v Punk match as it just felt messy with Rollins involved, its a shame after all that hype and build up for it.

Match for the night for me was Priest v Gunther as they just beat the hell out of each other.

I was hoping the main event would last longer, but they probably had to rush it since it looked like Jacob got banged up during the table bit.
Since the build up and match only existed for Reigns return and everything else didn't matter (not like the build was relevant apart from Solo calling out Roman) I'd argue the match should've been shorter :lol:.

My favourite is Kevin Owens, I was immediately impressed with his work and I love how fluent his characterisation is in storylines, always great to watch (at least when he isn't jobbing to the Bloodline for what feels like the 100th time (seriously get this man out of that toxic storyline)) :lol:

Advertised for Raw tonight.

CM Punk and Drew McIntyre match fall out.
New world champ Gunther appearance.
The New Day v AOP.
Dakota Kai v Sonya Deville.
WYATT SICKS v Chad Gable & The Creed Bros.
Awesome Truth v A-Town Down Under.
Sheamus v Ludwig Kaiser.

First hour of the show will be commercial free.
Ludwig Kaiser returns after a month out with a broken rib.
Pearce and Aldis did a deal so Waller/Theory could appear on Raw, meaning Aldis will get someone from Raw making an appearance on Smackdown.
Rumoured main event is Wyatts v Gable/Creeds.

Both Roman Reigns and AJ Styles are advertised for Smackdown on Friday.

Now none of the original 3 Judgment Day members are apart of Judgment Day :lol:.

Wrestling allegory of replacing every ships parts with new parts, does it make a new ship?

Back