Does Ram Air actually work?

• Thread starter Slash
  • 33 comments
Yee We do it cause it's easy! - Also the more resistance you put into the intake, the hotter the supercharger makes it!

aaaand theres no intercooler so it's goanna be hot as heck anyways.

Hot air intakes like that are a common winter mod for those in northern states, that have fender well intakes that extend down and take in air from in front of the tire. Thus avoiding having to clean all the snow/slush/salt and other stuff out of the filter every time you drive somewhere in the winter.

I paid a little extra and put a fully sealed CAI on mine. Didn't have to swap intakes before winter.

Yes it works if done correctly.

I added the JAAM ram air kit to my bird which basically removed the stock baffles and seals the air intake to the air scoops. At low speeds there isn't much different but at 60+ you DEFINITELY feel a difference. There are people with the exact same setup as me and they gained .3 at the track and trap a couple mph higher just from the ram air system.

.3 is one hell of a difference.

.3 is with people who take full advantage of the sealed airbox, i.e. having a HCI car and already have optimal airflow through the motor. Here is a graph illustrating the airbox pressure v. car speed:

jaam4.jpg

Back