Does the Fuji JGTC race deserve to be a fixed event?

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 87 comments

Should the Fuji JGTC race be fixed to the race selection?

• Yes

Votes: 95 90.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finland
Finland
pic.png

This is perhaps the first time that Polyphony put some actual effort into making a limited time "Special Event". They recreated many liveries of race cars that don't yet exist in GT7 (and also the Mobil 1/Raybrig liveries for the Castrol NSX for example), and also made the race 10 laps long, which is highly unusual for a limited time race.

That said, I think we are all wondering the same question. Why wasn't it made into a fixed event in the game? Who knows, they might do so afterwards, and perhaps even make a menu book around JGTC racing (or better yet, a Championship, finally, as none have been added since launch).

It is quite puzzling also because recently PD has been less keen on adding Menu Books, and more so adding individual races, so this could have been one of them.

Limited time events have also been one-makes at least 95% of the time, with recently the most recurring cars being the Superbird and R4. But this time, you're free to chose any car you wish (most likely because of the presence of non-Japanese AI cars).

Last edited:
It is quite puzzling also because recently PD has been less keen on adding Menu Books, and more so adding individual races, so this could have been one of them.

Limited time events have also been one-makes at least 95% of the time, with recently the most recurring cars being the Superbird and R4. But this time, you're free to chose any car you wish (most likely because of the presence of non-Japanese AI cars).
It makes me wonder the other way actually, why did we get the Jimny Cup?

That's not a knock on the Jimny events, they're fun, fairly unique events. But it makes me curious why that specific one-make got to be permanent.

That's not a knock on the Jimny events, they're fun, fairly unique events. But it makes me curious why that specific one-make got to be permanent.
Quoting you now, it's the other way, actually.

Jimny Cup came into the game alongside the Jimny itself. Jimny Cup was/is a menu book.

Last edited:
Not a proper solution as long as the AI uses every cars default tyres.
Plus it requires player who wants to recreate the event to have all the cars, all the liveries and spend a good amount of time setting up the event, multiply that by the number of players who would like to recreate the event, such a waste of time and resources.

And if it was an event in game, much more players would use it than if players have to recreate the event themselves.

To answer the thread's title, yes if it stayed the way it is aka no fuel consumption and tire wear.

However if they were to add those two into the mix especially the former then there needs to be some adjustments first. Tire wear shouldn't be a problem but for fuel consumption, that's going to be a problem for the featured tuned road cars as since the game doesn't have a fuel cell tank upgrade that allows for the road cars to last longer. And second, the spoof SOK McLaren F1 GTR needs to be toned down in terms of specs to make it closer to the grid.

Other than that I got no issues maybe apart from adding spoof GT300 representation. They can put an S15 Touring Car for instance as a stand in for the spoof DAISHIN and Auto Staff S15s.

Don’t forget to use the custom race feature. I admit the credits are 50% less than developer races, but once you get used to adjusting the grid and setting them to your liking, the combinations are better than PD’s.
Not only there's the credit and tire (as @Meythia mentioned) issues, there's also the fact that AI there doesn't go full throttle.
but for fuel consumption, that's going to be a problem for the featured tuned road cars as since the game doesn't have a fuel cell tank upgrade that allows for the road cars to last longer.
The available engine swaps for each road car opponent doesn't buff them either, as their swaps are road car engines. (And Diablo doesn't even have one!)

EDIT: 5,500 posts.

Last edited:
The available engine swaps for each road car opponent doesn't buff them either, as their swaps are road car engines.
Ditto on that especially the fuel chugging engine swaps like the Enzo Ferrari engine swap on the F40.

The Diablo GT might still have a chance assuming they give it an engine swap and it should be a race car engine swap (personally I prefer the Huracan GT3 swap if they're going to keep it Lamborghini). The 993 RS, F40, and R32 NISMO meanwhile those don't have any chance at all.

We need more races like this ideally a championship , but i would prefer if they locked the event/s to those specified cars only

GT300 version would been cool too but we dont have enough actual GT300 cars from that older era

I thought this may of had something to do with it...

I've got a sneaking suspicion that all these time-limited events will make a permanent re-appearance in the game at some point. Yes, even the Tesla races.

Who knows when?
Yeah it somehow make sense. I wouldn’t be so certain about it because it is PD afterall. But it would be very nice to receive all of those or most of them in november update or something.

Would need entry criteria tighter if you want to keep it way to easy to win just by picking a car that would never meet criteria.

Not as it is, no. I'd definitely add some more regulations, but even then, I don't think there'd be much to set it apart from the WTC 800 nor the GT Cup Gr.3. That said, I think it'd be great if we got more Special Events where we'd be limited to the JGTC GT500 trio plus the '95 McLaren F1 GTR. But a whole new fixed event, perhaps with a Bonus Menu to kick it off? I don't think that'd be necessary.

On a similar note, I don't think we need an event focusing on the GT500 cars from the Super GT era, either, since that'd just be a more limited version of the WTC 900. Not to mention that we could very well see the DTM cars from Mercedes-AMG, BMW, and Aston Martin come to the series, and indeed, there were plans for DTM and Super GT to race together, so I'd much rather have more rounds of the WTC 900 - especially if venues like Twin Ring Motegi come to GT7.

Last edited:
Would need entry criteria tighter if you want to keep it way to easy to win just by picking a car that would never meet criteria.
I mean...even the one makes are effortless wins since you can tune your car as much as you like.

You can choose the car you want to adjust the difficulty, you are note forced to take a Tomahawk. I don't mind this format with open entries. Peoples who want it easy can, and people who want more challenge can too.

Though I will say the modified road cars have no place in this event. Either model them all properly as racing cars or stick to the ones that are.

I tend to agree, I thought that was the point of having the Castrol NSX, Pennzoil GTR and Tom's Supra.

But it's still a step in the right direction.

Too bad it's still broken by the fact that these cars are only for sale once every seven months. Insanity.

Last edited:
Back