Does the Fuji JGTC race deserve to be a fixed event?

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 87 comments

Should the Fuji JGTC race be fixed to the race selection?

• Yes

Votes: 95 90.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They could easily make "proper" race cars from those road cars as the parts are already there just the interiors are the problem

I'm saying no.

Not that more events is a bad thing, but I find myself completely turned off by the imitation race cars. If they want to create a whole grid of JGTC cars, add them to the game - I get it when players use custom races and liveries to do this because 1) they have no other choice, and 2) setting it up is half the fun, but when it comes straight from PD, it's weak sauce.

It should be a mixed class championship with 5 one hour races all paying cr.1.000.000 per race and a championship bonus of cr.5.000.000. They can include it when Motegi comes to GT7. Together with the Mosler MT900, Ferrari F355 and the ASL Garaya. :D

Last edited:
Well, I have to say no to this one even if I'm a big fan of JGTC and Super GT.
The event was cool, but the roster is kinda poor.
You can't compare proper race cars (the JDM cars + McLaren longtail and short tail) with the tuned F40 or Diablo.

To me this race has to be the best Polyphony ever released for that game, the battle is good (never been abused by the AI as some other People here so that helps I guess...) the nod to the wacky early days of JGTC when pretty much everything with 4 wheels could compete as well as the made up liveries that mockup their real life counterpart just like how they were in GT1 and 2...
It shows that, when they want to do things right, they know how to do it !

To me this race has to be the best Polyphony ever released for that game, the battle is good (never been abused by the AI as some other People here so that helps I guess...) the nod to the wacky early days of JGTC when pretty much everything with 4 wheels could compete as well as the made up liveries that mockup their real life counterpart just like how they were in GT1 and 2...
It shows that, when they want to do things right, they know how to do it !
It needs stricter regulations, accelerated tire wear and dynamic weather. It’s usually more exciting when you’re forced to use the pits at least once.

I'm saying no.

Not that more events is a bad thing, but I find myself completely turned off by the imitation race cars. If they want to create a whole grid of JGTC cars, add them to the game - I get it when players use custom races and liveries to do this because 1) they have no other choice, and 2) setting it up is half the fun, but when it comes straight from PD, it's weak sauce.
You realise it is era correct?

Its not like one can pop the hood(bonnet), whats the difference...REALLY??
There are differences though. The handling is the biggest thing for the player and the difference in the racing line is the biggest thing for the AI.

Fundamentally, the suspension and transmissions between the two are entirely different too. Even with racing parts added, they function far differently.

Last edited:
Not a proper solution as long as the AI uses every cars default tyres.
Not a problem, when you want to recreate the race as it is...

In the Fuji race all cars are on RHs, and when you equip the AI cars with RHs in a custom grid, they stay on RHs...that's the one exception from the default tyre rule!

so far i know 4 cars from 16 isn't more than a half of the grid , mate

and its a compromise for showing those cars in that era - would have been better if we had those cars as proper race cars yes but this is better than not having them imho
Road cars in the event:

F40
Diablo
R32 Nismo

Racing cars in the event:

NSX GT500
Skyline GT500
Supra GT500
F1 GTR

Some people are really being silly and petty now... this race is fantastic even if they're not "official race cars"... jeez get over yourself
What’s so fantastic about it? There are no restrictions on PP and tire compounds. Cars don’t burn fuel and tires don’t deteriorate. The weather is static. Wasted opportunities with 10 laps to complete.

The cars don’t even have to be “official”. I’m fine with the fact that some of the GT500 cars and the F1 GTR have alternate liveries that are not in the game officially. The issue is that some of them are road cars, which impacts the JGTC immersion.

Also, why does it trigger you that some people would prefer if all the cars were proper racing cars? It’s just an opinion different to your own, and it’s hardly a controversial viewpoint. I think you should get over yourself.

and how is that "more than half the grid"? 🤔
Half the grid then. What difference does it make to the issue at hand?

Let me repeat that for you....

it's a compromise for showing those cars in that era - would have been better if we had those cars as proper race cars? Yes but this is better than not having them imho
I know that. I think you misunderstood my question. You made a big deal out of whether it’s more than half the grid or half the grid that consists of road cars. So my question was, what difference does it make? Absolutely none if you ask me.

For years people have been begging PD to remake the old NSX GT500. It was finally added about two weeks ago. However, now some people act like none of that ever mattered… Because the prevailing logic in this thread appears to be that it would have been good enough if PD simply had taken a road-going NSX and upgraded it to mimic a JGTC car. 💩

Last edited:
Back