Drive Hub Reviews

• Thread starter VBR
  • 78 comments

Got yourself a Drive Hub; what's your review?

• Total voters
Nice to see this product out there. Hoping to hear some impressions of thrustmaster t500rs and th8rs shifter on xbox one.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering, how does this compare to the GIMX?

I’ve never used the GIMX so I can’t really comment on it. It sounds like a fine solution and seems to work exactly as it should for the people who use it, but I can’t really see how anything could beat the plug and play ability that the Drive Hub has. It literally takes me five seconds to set it up and when I want to use my controller for another game, it takes five seconds to unplug the Drive Hub and unplug my controller from the Drive Hub itself. The ease of using it is something I think it has over any other product that does the same job.

I'd have to agree. For people who use GIMX, it seems to work awesome from everything I've read on these forums.
I looked at that solution for a long time. I just didn't want to hassle with the process...
As a PS4 user I just wanted my Fanatec CSW 2.0 gear to work as seamless as possible and the Drivehub definitely delivers. The newest firmware update makes it even better. It detects my CSW V2 upon connecting it and I'm ready to use it in F1 2017, Assetto Corsa and PC2. It even works for GT-S despite Polyphony dropping the ball on official CSL Elite support. The Drivehub goes into "Fanalogic" mode and it works decently for now until Polyphony adds the Fanatec SDK into GT-S. Then the Drivehub should go into Fanatec mode to make my CSW work. ;-)

Has anyone use with Fanatec CSW and GTS? I ordered because, like others, I did not want to buy a new wheel. Spending $88 against a $400 base made cents to me. Really looking forward to getting it....BTW - The 10% discount worked smoothly.

Has anyone use with Fanatec CSW and GTS? I ordered because, like others, I did not want to buy a new wheel. Spending $88 against a $400 base made cents to me. Really looking forward to getting it....BTW - The 10% discount worked smoothly.
The guy that posted just over you did with the V2. I use it on V2.5.

Does anyone now if the drive hub is in backorder in the collective minds web shop? I order mine two weeks ago on the CronusMAX site when it still was available. One week later I received a mail that the device went in backorder?? Apparently until the end of November .
I didn’t now there was a second option to order them until I just read this treat. I assumed CronusMAX was the only one distributing the drive hub.
I’m living in Europe so it would probably be wiser to order directly from collectiveminds? If someone can confirm if it is not in backorder i’ll Try to delete the previous order with CronusMAX
I hope to get the drive hub as fast as possible because my gear is gathering dust the last two months . Very frustrating with all the new games finally arriving on ps4.

Basically saves me $300 on a another Fanatec Wheel Base to play on my PS4. I do like how it detects my Fanatec CSW 2.0 as an Elite version on the PS4, so then I'm able to use my Fanatec Handbrake on Dirt 4. I have the CronusMax Plus, and that usually got detected as a Logitech G29, which worked fine, until the newest driver update for the Fanatec. But since it was detected as a Logitech, I couldn't use my handbrake.

I also have the Xbox Universal Hub, so I didn't really need it for Xbox, since it already works with it. But as someone that plays both Forza and Gran Turismo and maybe in the future, build a PC to race on there. The Drive Hub has me covered without having to spend money on at least two wheel bases.

So, SD,(and others this applies to, especially V2.5 users), you are happ with the Drive Hub (which I have) with your fanatec v2.0 wheel base (hitch I don't have, but I'm contemplating the 2.5 as the csl elite is too noisy) and would recommend it for ps4 and Xbox one users?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Last edited:
Does anyone now if the drive hub is in backorder in the collective minds web shop? I order mine two weeks ago on the CronusMAX site when it still was available. One week later I received a mail that the device went in backorder?? Apparently until the end of November .
I didn’t now there was a second option to order them until I just read this treat. I assumed CronusMAX was the only one distributing the drive hub.
I’m living in Europe so it would probably be wiser to order directly from collectiveminds? If someone can confirm if it is not in backorder i’ll Try to delete the previous order with CronusMAX
I hope to get the drive hub as fast as possible because my gear is gathering dust the last two months . Very frustrating with all the new games finally arriving on ps4.

I heard through the grapevine that the CronusMax site has no stock, but keeps on taking orders. I would advise you to cancel your order & then order through the Collective Minds site instead. I would also advise everyone else to do the same in the meantime.

👍

Last edited:
A great product and I highly recommend it.. I am using it with a PS4 Pro, GTS, Fanatec CSW and the BWM Wheel. Set up was a breeze and from the get go I have not interfacing problems. However, the FF seems to be different. I recall there was much more road rumpling (especially on the dirt tracks) than I have now. While I have the full "weight" of the wheel when turning there is a lacking in "feeling" the road. When I go off the road or hit a car or barrier, I feel it, but it does not seem to be like it used to be. I have checked the settings and everything appears to be ok but I am not an expert at these things.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Thanks - John

Didn't realize there was a review post here, I'll chime in.

I use a TMX and have been playing racing games mostly on PC and occasionally on XB1 (Forza and WRC) and GT Sport came out so I ended up ordering a Drivehub and it immediately works, when I turn it on the digital says "458 Italia" which is a version of the T150 and I get all the FFB and whatnot (guide button works as the PS button). The firmware updates are easy as pie.

Only thing is that I can't seem to get the rpm LED lights to work.

Didn't realize there was a review post here, I'll chime in.

I use a TMX and have been playing racing games mostly on PC and occasionally on XB1 (Forza and WRC) and GT Sport came out so I ended up ordering a Drivehub and it immediately works, when I turn it on the digital says "458 Italia" which is a version of the T150 and I get all the FFB and whatnot (guide button works as the PS button). The firmware updates are easy as pie.

Only thing is that I can't seem to get the rpm LED lights to work.
Thrustmaster doesn't have any wheels with RPM leds, so that data is sent to Thrustmaster wheels.

Received my Drive Hub yesterday, after MUCH anticipation. .... Having a DFGT, ... hooking up to my PS4 to try out Drive Club...I've seen some folks question the pricing, but after receiving and using it, all I can say is that it is totally worth it. ...

I`m using the Drivehub on PS4, Gran Turismo Sport with a Driving Force GT.
Basically it works, but I had several times issues:
- controller goes irresponsive in menu => solved by unplug/replug
- controller goes irresponsive in game => suddenly full throtle, no steering responsiveness, so race is lost

I was trying to update on PC, can not find the device (issue with my windows 10 knowledge).

So not as straight forward as people seem to say here.
Others seem to have explained some procedures of update on GTPlanet, but I seem to have trouble finding that info.

Holding back my rating for now, but the experience is painful at the moment.

Did you hold the P2 button on your drivehub while connecting it to your pc?

No it seems I need to read the manual, some of my issues might come from misusage, as I expected.

---------
Works now:
It seems my issues: For the update, not pressing the button.
For the stability; I like to work with the steering wheel for driving the controller for starting and scapes. The usage of both together does not seem to be recommended.

Last edited:
No it seems I need to read the manual, some of my issues might come from misusage, as I expected.

---------
Works now:
It seems my issues: For the update, not pressing the button.
For the stability; I like to work with the steering wheel for driving the controller for starting and scapes. The usage of both together does not seem to be recommended.

Hello,

I am using my DH with a Logitech G27+stick shift and it works like a charm on my Xbox One X playing Forza 7 and also on my PS4 Pro Playing GT Sport.

I believe you should follow the instruction manual. Step ONE is to update firmware, even more so if you are playing a game that was recently released like GT Sport. This is to make sure the device is fully compatible with the game.

Download the instructions manual here: https://collectiveminds.ca/wp-content/uploads/drivehub_user_manual_rc_2.0.0.pdf

I ordered my DH recently and still there were several updates to the firmware when I connected it to my mac (beta firmware update worked flawlessly btw).

Also there are instruction videos posted here: https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/
Just click on the "Video Tutorials" tab

Best,
JJ

I'm having a hard time with my DriveHub on my Xbox One with my G27. Here is a list of problems I'm having. Also, I have doubled checked to make sure that the hub is in Race Mode:

1. The wheel feels like it has no power steering or the turning radius is set at 200 or something.. When I go into a race, it is extremely hard to turn. I have to turn the wheel all the way to one side just to get it to turn slightly.

2. Also, in both games I've tried, Forza 7 and Dirt Rally, the gas and brake pedals are the look left and right buttons.

3. The hub displays a zero at all times after it flashes "G27" when it's synced up. Is this normal?

Hmm. I am a bit miffed about G27 support being cut for the PS4. This seems like a pretty elegant and well-functioning solution. I might just get one.
I have the chronusmax and it's very similar, the DH is a much cleaner product with less wires and easier setup. Had I not purchased the chronusmax just before they released the DH I would not hesitate to purchase the DH.

Does your setup work in game menu or you must use ds4?

Not sure about drivehub, but the chronusmax max recommends not use the ds4, as it is really only used for authentication. Not sure about the DH specifically.

For chronusmax:
The PS4 Wheel Edition emulates a Logitech G29. This is how the G29 buttons are mapped to a Logitech G27.

Note 1: L4 L5 and R4 R5 do not exist on a G29 wheel - so we have mapped the outputs to the G29 Dial (clockwise and counter-clockwise) and G29 Rocker +/-.

Note 2: L3 + R3 pressed together emulates the PS button.

Note 3: All the standard controller buttons have been mapped to the G27 Shifter and Wheel Paddles so you can navigate the PS4 XMB without having to use a DualShock 4. Also I found this image for g27 users
G27_Layout.png

Back