Driver Rating question.

Hi everybody, Hi Sven,

I feel sad. Last days I was at 50.000 DR points, but fell Into SW A because of my all round again penalty on red Bull Ring.
Then I was happy to reach the DR A+ again. But that was a wrong thougt.
I went down into SW B and my DR went down to the very beginning of DR A. Aaaarghh.
So far so Good, I have to accept that. Rule is rule.

Now I crawl back up from the lower end of DR A. Im in SR A again. Every 5 rounds Race on red Bull Ring i take about 1,5s Penalty. Shame on my driving this Track. ;-)

Now the Last Race i was in Poleposition, did a race without any mistake and finished as winner.

It only gave me +200 DR

So is there a lower uprating in SW A then in SW S?

Normally I always Drive SW S. Only red Bull Ring got. me down to A.

Attachments

• 7DDA42A6-E045-4CAA-9A5D-6E956FC4337D.png
    7DDA42A6-E045-4CAA-9A5D-6E956FC4337D.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
How much DR you win for a victory depends on the DR of the other players in the room. Lower SR (SW) usually also has lower DR players, thus less DR to gain.

You gain 80 + ((Their DR - Your DR) / 500) from each player.
If their DR is higher than yours you gain more than 80 points from that player (max 160)
If their DR is lower than yours you gain less than 80 points from that player (min 1)

DR/SR doesn't really have much of a benefit. In the daily race there isn't enough people playing so you can be A/S and end up with mostly D/C ranked people just to fill a race and you know how that goes. So if you get punted and lose you just lost a lot of DR. Zero logic and why would I want to race against poopy drivers that will ruin my score on purpose when I raced my balls off to avoid those "people" by being ranked higher... stupid.

Last edited:
Hmm. Now I have this for you. Hard to understand.

As I said my SR went down to B and my DR to 30.200 A.
Then I made some races to come back to SR A.
Yesterday one perfect race Poleposition and winner. Still SR A. Only +200 DR.

Now today I made ONE MORE Race. Also perfect Poleposition and winner.

My SR is back on „S“ and my DR is on A+ 55.000.

I feel good that I don’t have to do 50 more races to come back to A+.

Seem for me as if the lower SR will kind of block me in the DR. But it calculates still in the background. And when you behave well and come back to SR S, you will get your „old “ DR back.

Hmm

Attachments

• 5F288618-3E19-4A91-BC24-84DB1568980A.png
    5F288618-3E19-4A91-BC24-84DB1568980A.png
    192.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Wow, that is bizarre. The last time I saw something like that is when DR resets were bugged and would actually reset you upwards in certain cases. This looks a lot like that bug.

I assume it's not a glitch on KP and you are indeed A+ in game again with a bit colored in on the bar?

The lower SR wasn't blocking you since A+ doesn't start until 50K. You were gaining DR like normal after the reset. This +24K is unheard of. Looks like you discovered a new (or re-introduced old) bug.

I dont think that it is this kind of bug that you are mentioning here (although I didn`t know this one so far). I was really shortly before re-entering the A+ DR.

As you can see in my stats I was racing at the end of DR A and jumped slowly upwarts from 48.000 points to finally 50.000 points.
Every single race I made I finished up in the podium (P1, P2 or P3). So it worked quite good. :-)
In the last races 48.000 und finally 50.000 points I was at the SR A (because of my penaltys and maybe contact during races).

Then I did the next race at 16.09., PM 22:43, again --> winner.
So I thing this should be the moment, wenn my DR switched normally over the 50.000 points limit into the DR A+. But the same time my SR went down to SR B.
And I thougt --> they give me the punish because I did so much penaltys all the time and I fell down to 30.200 DR points.

It now seems to me as if there ist kind of delay/reduction of the DR-ratio about 20.000 points, if you come from SR S to SR B. And that you couldn`t drive in A+ Lobbys with as SR-rating lower than S.

And finally, as I got back to SR "S" because of my much better driving style, the DR-points were liftet up by these 20.000 points again.

It is kind of crazy and I do not try me to test this out again. :-)

You can see you stats on kudosprime SportsTracker --> https://www.kudosprime.com/gt7/sport_tracker.php

Until now there is no other possibility.
You have to make a screenshot from your "my site" overview and upload it to the kudosprime SportsTracker. Then you will get the detailed number of your DR. But mention, that the screenshot must be all original without editing, cutting or whatever.

I take the screenshots on the PS5, send them to a friend and save them on my smartphone out of the playstation app. Then just add them in the browser see the link above.

Hmm. Now I have this for you. Hard to understand.

As I said my SR went down to B and my DR to 30.200 A.
Then I made some races to come back to SR A.
Yesterday one perfect race Poleposition and winner. Still SR A. Only +200 DR.

Now today I made ONE MORE Race. Also perfect Poleposition and winner.

My SR is back on „S“ and my DR is on A+ 55.000.

I feel good that I don’t have to do 50 more races to come back to A+.

Seem for me as if the lower SR will kind of block me in the DR. But it calculates still in the background. And when you behave well and come back to SR S, you will get your „old “ DR back.

Hmm
How are your tracking your DR?

I dont think that it is this kind of bug that you are mentioning here (although I didn`t know this one so far). I was really shortly before re-entering the A+ DR.

As you can see in my stats I was racing at the end of DR A and jumped slowly upwarts from 48.000 points to finally 50.000 points.
Every single race I made I finished up in the podium (P1, P2 or P3). So it worked quite good. :-)
In the last races 48.000 und finally 50.000 points I was at the SR A (because of my penaltys and maybe contact during races).

Then I did the next race at 16.09., PM 22:43, again --> winner.
So I thing this should be the moment, wenn my DR switched normally over the 50.000 points limit into the DR A+. But the same time my SR went down to SR B.
And I thougt --> they give me the punish because I did so much penaltys all the time and I fell down to 30.200 DR points.

It now seems to me as if there ist kind of delay/reduction of the DR-ratio about 20.000 points, if you come from SR S to SR B. And that you couldn`t drive in A+ Lobbys with as SR-rating lower than S.

And finally, as I got back to SR "S" because of my much better driving style, the DR-points were liftet up by these 20.000 points again.

It is kind of crazy and I do not try me to test this out again. :-)
It would be nice if it worked like that, yet never has so far. Plus it doesn't add up.

You got reset to 30K DR, which is odd since it used to be a reset to 40K when A+ ends up in SR. A loss of 20K DR. You gain 800 since then, then when getting back to SR.S you gain 24K. There is a 1,500 point bonus for leveling up, yet that still leaves 1,700 DR unaccounted for.

PD isn't very good at math, so it could be possible. You got to A+ with the 1,500 bonus, then the game detects SR B, drops you 21.5K down. (30K) You gain another 1000 (31K), then get to SR.S, get the 21.5K back (52.5K) plus the 1,500 bonus again and winnings from that race -> approximate 55K.

So maybe it has changed, we need more examples! This is odd.

Well this is weird.
I've been stuck at B-B since march (went down to B-C many times and then back to B up until august), then today after one race the A SR rating showed up. I did another 2 races and now I'm B-S. Why only now and all together? I've been driving very clean and cautious for the past 30 days or so.
It was painful to wait so long for the A. And now S?...

Last edited:
I am in the nearly same Situation with my second Account now. I have 49.600 DR Points. But my SR is only on A because of my penalties und Monza. So I have to bring it back to S.

Is there a possibility to see of the SR gets up ore down? Polyphony is writing somethink with colours of ore around the SR Number. I don’t really remember where I read this.

Thx.

Hey guys, so by now I can say that I recreated exaktly the same behavior of DR „fallback“ after loosing too much SR in my second account.

• DR groes up and up until 49800DR
  • In Monza I had many races with nearly one track-Limit-panelty per round
  • SR went down to A and B
  • This monday I did Lago Magiore (glitch was used for the qualification time, Not during races)
  • My SR stayed at A and my DR fell down to 30200 points
  • then I made 2-3 complete clean races Daily b on Red Bull with P2-P3
  • finally my SR got back S and my DR goes to A+ 55000 points

seems as if there is no complete reset of the DR, but it comes back if SR increases again.

Last edited:
[EDIT: I don't know if this clears anything up or makes it more confusing!]

A couple of points which may or may not have been addressed already:

1. Your DR/SR won't update until the race is finished. So if you quit a race, you won't see the results right away.

2. I know this was addressed, but since I experienced it personally, I thought I'd mention it. When you're moving up in DR, your DR will be "constrained" by your SR. In other words, you can't move from B/B up to A/B. Yes, you can have A/B, but only if you were already an A.

3. A while back, I was a B/D (it was a bad week), and I quit a race before it ended. I looked at my DR/SR, and it still said B/D. Then I turned off my PS. When I turned it back on later, I was a C/E and VERY confused.

It turned out that (as I said above in #1) my DR/SR hadn't been updated before I turned off my PS because the race was still going on. By the time I turned my PS back on, the race was over, so that's why my DR/SR had changed while my PS was turned off. It took a while for me to discover why this happened, by the way.

At the time, my DR progress bar was at around 50%. When It dropped me to C/E, my progress bar was still at around 50%. I was hoping this meant if I got back to DR B, my progress bar would still be about the same. No such luck. When it drops you down like this, you really get punished. So try to avoid that. 😂

Grrrrrrrrr......so in todays sport race I'm on pole. First lap car behind does a crazy kamikaze overtake attempt, I'm already braking hard, he comes flying past no way he'll make the corner, gets it completely sideways in front of me, I've nowhere to go but into the side of him.
I get 5 seconds penalty "forcing another car off track". Race ruined. Ffs!!!! What kind of logic does that follow??????
And no doubt DR affected 🤬
I had a guy brake check me on the straight with strict contact penalties. 7 second penalty car was ruined. I dropped from 3rd to sixth limping it to the finish then dropped from 6th to 8th because of the penalty. DR(B) and SR(S) both tanked to double Ds

Back