DRS in GT7?

• Thread starter TFSI400
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Is DRS in the game?

I remember in GTS enjoying the Isle of Man Subaru, making good use of the DRS just like the real car. However, I haven’t come across DRS in GT7 yet, even though I’ve completed the Menu Books. Can anyone shed any light on this, and perhaps tell us which cars have the function?

Cheers 🙂

Is DRS in the game?

I remember in GTS enjoying the Isle of Man Subaru, making good use of the DRS just like the real car. However, I haven’t come across DRS in GT7 yet, even though I’ve completed the Menu Books. Can anyone shed any light on this, and perhaps tell us which cars have the function?

Cheers 🙂
Yes, it's available, and on the same cars for which it was available in GT Sport.

You'll need to assign a button to it (standard controller map has it assigned to pushing in the R3 stick), but it's just a matter of driving a car with it. It definitely works on the Tomahawk X.

Yes, it's available, and on the same cars for which it was available in GT Sport.

You'll need to assign a button to it (standard controller map has it assigned to pushing in the R3 stick), but it's just a matter of driving a car with it. It definitely works on the Tomahawk X.

Excellent, thank you! I’ve already got it mapped to L1 for the odd car I’ve fitted with NOS… which interestingly doesn’t alter PP 😏

Excellent, thank you! I’ve already got it mapped to L1 for the odd car I’ve fitted with NOS… which interestingly doesn’t alter PP 😏

Is DRS in the game?

Cheers 🙂
DRS doesnt work if you have Nitro on your car, you need to deactive it in order to make DRS work, the game wont allow you to use both

Coming from an industry that uses a LOT of TLA's ( Three Letter Acronyms ), I've learned that using them with an assumption that everyone knows what they are is very bad and frustrating for those not in the know. I had to search the h*ll out of this so for those that are curious, here's what DRS actually stands for and how it works : https://f1chronicle.com/what-is-formula-1-drs-formula-1-technology/

Coming from an industry that uses a LOT of TLA's ( Three Letter Acronyms ), I've learned that using them with an assumption that everyone knows what they are is very bad and frustrating for those not in the know. I had to search the h*ll out of this so for those that are curious, here's what DRS actually stands for and how it works : https://f1chronicle.com/what-is-formula-1-drs-formula-1-technology/
Well, in motorsport (not only F1, DTM Class 1 cars used to have it too, as F2 has it) it's almost always referred as DRS, not so often by the full name Drag Reduction System. I believe many people knows what DRS is and how it works but not familiarized with Drag Reduction System terminology.

I thought DRS had something to do with the Hybrid system on the McLaren P1 but it’s actually an aerodynamic thing?! Cool thanks for the knowledge!
You can see the wing opening when DRS is activated.

Last edited:
I thought DRS had something to do with the Hybrid system on the McLaren P1 but it’s actually an aerodynamic thing?! Cool thanks for the knowledge!

I think what you're thinking of is KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System). When a car is not accelerating and charging up a battery/capacitor that you can then activate under acceleration for added boost.

No like 😕

Attachments

• images (35).jpeg
    images (35).jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 12
Is DRS in the game?

Cheers 🙂
I know a car that has the drs function it is the Porsche gt3 rs 992 it drives like a dream too.

Back