DS SM Tribute concept

• Thread starter Neddo
  • 4 comments
1726083755661.png

1726083797100.png

Another revival French EV one off, and it's stunning like R17. This probably won't be produced, but if DS wants to survive as a brand they need to step up and take some risks which they didn't take in 10 years (DS5). They are comfort focused (not sporty comfy like most others) but lack other uniqueness totally. TBH I would not mind if DS returns to Citroen, if DS and 2CV coexisted successfully without latter "cheapening" the first, why not C3 and something like SM (luxury risky comfy but kinda sleeper too).

Pretty nice. I like how the rear wheel isn't entirely covered so you can just about see the upper tip of the wheel, which is a neat touch.
This probably won't be produced, but if DS wants to survive as a brand they need to step up and take some risks which they didn't take in 10 years (DS5). They are comfort focused (not sporty comfy like most others) but lack other uniqueness totally. TBH I would not mind if DS returns to Citroen, if DS and 2CV coexisted successfully without latter "cheapening" the first, why not C3 and something like SM (luxury risky comfy but kinda sleeper too).
Well... it depends on what Stellantis is trying to do in terms of managing 14 brands. Either:
1. They go the business route: Discontinue DS and shift the comfort luxury focus away to Lancia.
2. They go the "keep as many brands running as possible" route: Rebadge and redesign Lancia models as DS (and the other way around), a bit like what I can only assume they're doing with the Citroen C3 and Fiat Grande Panda - AFAIK, they're basically the same car with different styling, with similar size and engine options.
Personally I think 1. is more likely than 2 given that it's probably easier and cheaper to structure their car lineup (especially in terms of marketing) that way, but who knows? It would be cool to see DS succeed on its own as kind of a French Audi, but as you said they need to be more daring than what they're currently doing right now. Putting that concept into production would be a good start :sly:

Personally I think 1. is more likely than 2 given that it's probably easier and cheaper to structure their car lineup (especially in terms of marketing) that way, but who knows? It would be cool to see DS succeed on its own as kind of a French Audi, but as you said they need to be more daring than what they're currently doing right now. Putting that concept into production would be a good start :sly:
I would prefer SM, DS, CX, 2CV but also BX, XM (actually trademark given to BMW) etc. with Citroen badge because Citroen deserves its own halo model(s) and history. Without those Citroen is just a bit different than Fiat which is on average cheaper to buy and maintain. I must say that DS has made good cars but it feels unnecessary if they will just be Citroen with leather.

I know it's just a concept car, but how are you supposed to change the rear tyres on that? :lol:

Latest Posts

Back