DS4 help.PS4 

• Thread starter R5
  • 8 comments

R5

(Banned)
England
Location, Location
I recently got this game, and have so far hated every race I've taken part it.

Why? SMS have made the game for wheels and neglected the humble DS4, which leaves me with a big problem. With no money or space for a wheel, I have to make do with the DS4.

Having tried a few setups I've found on here, none have clicked. They've all felt way too floaty and have poor brake modulation, so I'm looking for anyone who has a DS4 and has found a good setup which really pops. Any help?

I use these.

Steering Deadzone - 0
Steering Sensitivity - 0
Throttle Deadzone - 0
Throttle Sensitivity - 25
Brake Deadzone - 0
Brake Sensitivity - 25
Clutch Deadzone - 0
Clutch Sensitivity - 25
Speed Sensitivity - 75 (I adjust only this value as needed depending on car type)
Controller Filtering Sensitivity - 50
Force Feedback - 100
RPM/Gear Display Yes

Controller Input Mode - 2
Advanced - On
Apply Soft Steering - On
Apply Visual Filtering - Off
Apply Opposite Lock Help - Off

I use these.

Steering Deadzone - 0
Steering Sensitivity - 0
Throttle Deadzone - 0
Throttle Sensitivity - 25
Brake Deadzone - 0
Brake Sensitivity - 25
Clutch Deadzone - 0
Clutch Sensitivity - 25
Speed Sensitivity - 75 (I adjust only this value as needed depending on car type)
Controller Filtering Sensitivity - 50
Force Feedback - 100
RPM/Gear Display Yes

Controller Input Mode - 2
Advanced - On
Apply Soft Steering - On
Apply Visual Filtering - Off
Apply Opposite Lock Help - Off
I was having some trouble with the DS4. I tried your settings, and iy was a big improvement. Thank you :)

I dont remember exactly what setups what I use, but they are very similar to this:

Steering Deadzone - 5
Steering Sensitivity - 10
Throttle Deadzone - 10
Throttle Sensitivity - 20
Brake Deadzone - 10
Brake Sensitivity - 20
Clutch Deadzone - 10
Clutch Sensitivity - 90
Speed Sensitivity - 50
Controller Filtering Sensitivity - 100
Force Feedback - 0
RPM/Gear Display Yes

Controller Input Mode - 3 (set this first and then put the latter settings)
Advanced - On
Apply Soft Steering - On
Apply Visual Filtering - On
Apply Opposite Lock Help - On (helps with the general stability but with a price: In chicanes and curves where you must go right and immediately after that go left, or the opposite, you must be careful and slower. I recommend considering disabling it on places with too much chicanes, like Monza. There is also a glitch where every time you log out this option turn itself off, so, every time you log in you must remember to go to the settings and turn this option on)

PS: I use ABS almost everytime. I find out that traction control made me too slow, except in the rain, so I recommend to turn traction control off. If you are in the road cars and dont care too much about assists, you can turn on the ESP, it helps.

I recently got this game, and have so far hated every race I've taken part it.

Why? SMS have made the game for wheels and neglected the humble DS4, which leaves me with a big problem. With no money or space for a wheel, I have to make do with the DS4.

Having tried a few setups I've found on here, none have clicked. They've all felt way too floaty and have poor brake modulation, so I'm looking for anyone who has a DS4 and has found a good setup which really pops. Any help?
Curious, which cars and tracks have you tried so far? Did all of them feel floaty with poor brakes or just some? Which ones?

Curious, which cars and tracks have you tried so far? Did all of them feel floaty with poor brakes or just some? Which ones?
I've done a majority of the carting events, Spa in an Audi R8, Abu Dhabi in a Caterham, Monza in a Focus RS, and a few tracks with the Formula racers.

I took on board the advice given to me by @Hamiltonfan44 and it did improve the car's feel massively.

Edit: and I've just realised I forgot to thank him for it. So, thanks Hamiltonfan44!

Latest Posts

Back