• Thread starter RacinLei
  • 60 comments

RacinLei

(Banned)
Germany
Germany
Leiwulong
Dear Pd.

Do you remember the comercial Be competitive with Duslsense?

Its all gone since patch 1.15

Overnight all wheel user are quicker now.
Before that patch i was max 1-1.2 second behind topsplit and now its grown to 2-2.5 seconds.

I feel like a rookie now and they is no way for me to change it. Bop and open lobby with tuning, no way for me to compeet anymore.

Whats youre take on it?

Thats strange. I have the same pace like before but on my buddie list. All wheel user went overnight faster then before.
And i race them for years now.
That gap was never that big. Not in gtsport and up to patch 1.15 in gt7.

Getting from worldwide place 48 autopolis daily race sf19 to place 1.441 in fuji feels a bit wierd.

Last edited:
Is your only point of reference Autopolis compared to Fuji? Maybe you're just better at one than the other.

1.15 was on 26th May. Have you had a break between then and now? Could be you're just a but rusty too?

Getting from worldwide place 48 autopolis daily race sf19 to place 1.441 in fuji feels a bit wierd.
Have you checked who was in the front for both of those races?
I believe especially the Autopolis daily with Super Formula was quite unpopular and I guess there were many top drivers who didn't even try, let alone set competitive times.

I don't really recall 1.15 changing the physics.

Was only example. Counts for all f1 tracks plus couple others.

I believe especially the Autopolis daily with Super Formula was quite unpopular and I guess there were many top drivers who didn't even try, let alone set competitive times.

I don't really recall 1.15 changing the physics.
It‘s not physiks. Its right after the ffb debakel. After they halfway fixed it. May its the steeringspeed and angel that makes the diffrents. When i run the ps4 version on ps5, i go on first try 0.5 sec faster.
Its like they forgot to tweek the ps5 version.
I have no clue but something is wrong.

It's not any patches... It's two things:

SF19 ... and on Fuji of all places.

The last sector of Fuji is massively hard on people who use the Dual Sense, heck, pretty much the whole track is. But the last sector you see such a ridiculous difference that it's pretty much where all the time is lost.

I used the top 1 ghost as reference and while he is able to take the hairpin faster and also turn 3 and 5, I can still keep up with him within about 3-4 tenths (his ghost is like 2 or 3 car lenghts ahead, which is not much at all). But as soon as we get to sector 3, the difference extends to over 1.5 seconds...

The Wheel turn radius is, how do I say it... "Bigger" than the Dual Sense's analog stick. It just has to be. It's extremely noticeable in hairpins and on the final sectors. No matter which techniques you use... trail braking, slight brake inputs, lifting while turning, being in the lower gear for more rotation, you just don't turn as good.

Fuji has a lot of slow speed corners, pretty much all of its final sector is, alongside turn 1 and turn 5 after the long right hander.

I went from being top 150 in the Escudo at Alsace to outside the top 300 in the SF19 at Fuji. At 1.5 seconds adrift on a track that has less corners and is takes less time to do on top of that given the car. And I ran the Escudo for just about 300km... I put over 800 on this run to just try and get to below 1:20 but it's just hopeless. Any controller user out there who can get below 1:20 or even further, below 1:19.5 is a freak of nature.

Also, forget about using anything less than sensivity 10 on controller settings. You're already worse than a wheel at 10, much less anything lower.

Yeah, that track is such a pain to controller users it almost makes me hate it.

Last edited:
Is your only point of reference Autopolis compared to Fuji? Maybe you're just better at one than the other.

1.15 was on 26th May. Have you had a break between then and now? Could be you're just a but rusty too?
No brakes, no rust, still same racepace like before ;)

It's not any patches... It's two things:

SF19 ... and on Fuji of all places.

The last sector of Fuji is massively hard on people who use the Dual Sense, heck, pretty much the whole track is. But the last sector you see such a ridiculous difference that it's pretty much where all the time is lost.

I used the top 1 ghost as reference and while he is able to take the hairpin faster and also turn 3 and 5, I can still keep up with him within about 3-4 tenths (his ghost is like 2 or 3 car lenghts ahead, which is not much at all). But as soon as we get to sector 3, the difference extends to over 1.5 seconds...

The Wheel turn radius is, how do I say it... "Bigger" than the Dual Sense's analog stick. It just has to be. It's extremely noticeable in hairpins and on the final sectors. No matter which techniques you use... trail braking, slight brake inputs, lifting while turning, being in the lower gear for more rotation, you just don't turn as good.

Fuji has a lot of slow speed corners, pretty much all of its final sector is, alongside turn 1 and turn 5 after the long right hander.

I went from being top 150 in the Escudo at Alsace to outside the top 300 in the SF19 at Fuji. At 1.5 seconds adrift on a track that has less corners and is takes less time to do on top of that given the car.

Yeah, that track is such a pain to controller users it almost makes me hate it.
My achille is turn 2 the hard left. Number 1 flat this corner due to steeringspeed. I cant throw the car fast enough in thecorner and i have to lift.

Yeah whereas the Fuji one has a 2million payout for getting gold so more quick people will give it a proper go

My achille is turn 2 the hard left. Number 1 flat this corner due to steeringspeed. I cant throw the car fast enough in thecorner and i have to lift.
You don't need to lift, but yes, it's extremely hard to turn at exactly the right time to do that corner flatout.

Wheel users start turning at the 50m marker, yet, I need to start turning waaay before to make that corner flatout and not get off-track and get a penalty. I usually need like 3-4 tries to pull it off otherwise I either have to do a slight lift or get a penalty for going off-track.

The final sector is worse... believe me. It's not like you struggle with it, I do the corners just fine, but the steering input of the controller just doesn't allow you to rotate as much as the wheel for whatever reason.

You don't need to lift, but yes, it's extremely hard to turn at exactly the right time to do that corner flatout.

Wheel users start turning at the 50m marker, yet, I need to start turning waaay before to make that corner flatout and not get off-track and get a penalty. I usually need like 3-4 tries to pull it off otherwise I either have to do a slight lift or get a penalty for going off-track.

The final sector is worse... believe me. It's not like you struggle with it, I do the corners just fine, but the steering input of the controller just doesn't allow you to rotate as much as the wheel for whatever reason.
I know. But switching from ps5 code 1.21,3 to ps4 code 1.20.898 first try was my proof that something went wrong. Before that i wasnt shure about it.

Ps:
And this is what i mean. Before that patch steering angel was closer to wheel.

Last edited:
I know. But switching from ps5 code 1.21,3 to ps4 code 1.20.898 first try was my proof that something went wrong. Before that i wasnt shure about it.

Ps:
And this is what i mean. Before that patch steering angel was closer to wheel.
Wait, you can use DS4 on the PS5???? Or you just have both versions of GT7?

Wait, you can use DS4 on the PS5???? Or you just have both versions of GT7?
No, i installed the ps4 gt version on ps5 and played it with Dualsense.
Way more rumble. I have to go down to 70. but the biggest diffrent was the steering angel. Felt more turny than ps5 gt

Ps:
Be aware if u put the ps4 code on ps5, all youre replays are gone….

Last edited:
Also, forget about using anything less than sensivity 10 on controller settings. You're already worse than a wheel at 10, much less anything lower.
Interesting, I've been using 2. Do you reckon thats an inherent disadvantage to higher settings? I always chalked it up to preference.

Controller 10 gives you Max steeringspeed.
Good for S corners.
And 7-8 for gr.3

Last edited:
No, i installed the ps4 gt version on ps5 and played it with Dualsense.
Way more rumble. I have to go down to 70. but the biggest diffrent was the steering angel. Felt more turny than ps5 gt

Ps:
Be aware if u put the ps4 code on ps5, all youre replays are gone….
lol ok, maybe you just got a good lap in. It can happen after so many attempts, and then the next day you get a great lap in very few.
Besides, your best was a 1:20.891, I also used a DualSense and use the PS5 version and did a 20.401. So you are yet to get to the limit of it all.

I however can't for the life of me get any faster than 20.401. The car simply doesn't turn at all for those slow ass corners in the final sector, the first hairpin of that sector in particular is by far the biggest time loss because the hairpin is so tight, so the car has to rotate as far as it can, and with the controller, you just can't get it.

Can any controller user here get below 1:20?

If the stars and galaxies align for me to nail my perfect lap, I could probably get a 1:20.2. Any less I just don't see it happening.

Interesting, I've been using 2. Do you reckon thats an inherent disadvantage to higher settings? I always chalked it up to preference.

Controller sensivity is how fast it responds to your steering inputs. On a very fast car like Formula cars or LMP1 and in a flowing track like Fuji in it's final sector with corner after corner, it's an absolute must.
It can sometimes be bad for cars with have a loose back end, as is the case with the SF19 on the long right hander in Fuji but you just need to be very careful and not use full steering.

For slower cars you can use lower sensivity as it won't affect as much.

This was first introduced in a patch in GT5 and it was a game changer for controller users back in the day to get Gold on the Vettel challenges. Back then it was borderline impossible without this.

Last edited:
@Grimm6Jack

That wasnt a coexident ;)
I tried it with timetrial on diffrent tracks.
Same results.

@Nebuc72

When you on controller?!?
Than please read my main text again.
I didnt say i got slower. I say all with weel got faster, thats a diffrent ;)

@Nebuc72

When you on controller?!?
Than please read my main text again.
I didnt say i got slower. I say all with weel got faster, thats a diffrent ;)
It's the same thing though. If you find everyone is suddenly faster than you, its likely you've gotten slower, not everyone else getting faster. Hence I said take a break, you probably need a mental rest.

Like I said, I use gamepad (dualsense) and I haven't noticed a drop in pace, if anything I'm still consistently improving. I'm an A+ driver too so it's not like I'm trundling around in low splits.

@Nebuc72
U dont really get it? I DIDNT GET SLOWER!
i still hit the same pace. But all on my list with weel getting faster, all together after the patch. And noone on my list with controller got faster. Thats a fact.

Get it?

What time are you get in fuji?

Last edited:
lol ok, maybe you just got a good lap in. It can happen after so many attempts, and then the next day you get a great lap in very few.
Besides, your best was a 1:20.891, I also used a DualSense and use the PS5 version and did a 20.401. So you are yet to get to the limit of it all.

I however can't for the life of me get any faster than 20.401. The car simply doesn't turn at all for those slow ass corners in the final sector, the first hairpin of that sector in particular is by far the biggest time loss because the hairpin is so tight, so the car has to rotate as far as it can, and with the controller, you just can't get it.

Can any controller user here get below 1:20?

If the stars and galaxies align for me to nail my perfect lap, I could probably get a 1:20.2. Any less I just don't see it happening.

Controller sensivity is how fast it responds to your steering inputs. On a very fast car like Formula cars or LMP1 and in a flowing track like Fuji in it's final sector with corner after corner, it's an absolute must.
It can sometimes be bad for cars with have a loose back end, as is the case with the SF19 on the long right hander in Fuji but you just need to be very careful and not use full steering.

For slower cars you can use lower sensivity as it won't affect as much.

This was first introduced in a patch in GT5 and it was a game changer for controller users back in the day to get Gold on the Vettel challenges. Back then it was borderline impossible without this.
For what it's worth your Fuji times on a Dual Sense are identical to my times on a wheel. 20.4 is my best, maybe I could hit a 20.2 if I nailed every corner. Unfortunately that doesn't fit with RacinLei's theory that wheel users suddenly got faster so 🤷

I think the SF, and high downforce cars in general, do disadvantage Dualsense users compared to wheel users but I haven't seen this magical increase in pace from an update 2 months ago.

@Nebuc72
U dont really get it? I DIDNT GET SLOWER!
i still hit the same pace. But all on my list with weel getting faster, all together after the patch. And noone on my list with controller got faster. Thats a fact.

Get it?

What time are you get in fuji?
My time on Fuji is like a 1:21.0 but I set it and left it (unless it fell out of gold). A better metric is my Sport mode times, which are usually in the top 300-400.

But you're seriously suggesting that everyone on your list with a wheel got faster. That doesn't make sense. If it was something to do with the dualsense, then you'd see everyone on controller get slower and everyone on wheel stay the same.

Like I'm sorry mate, but you're creating conspiracy theories out of thin air to justify the fact that you aren't driving as quickly as them anymore. Nobody else has experienced this magic fall behind in pace aside from you. Take a break for a couple of days, honestly. I think you need it.

Wasn't there a thread last week about controller users being on a leaderboard?

@Nebuc72

Thats not conspiracy, i see it with my own eyes. I saw the diffrents between ps4 and ps5 version. I dont know how much you are into it, but if youre not noticing the diffrents thats not my fault. And it isnt a galactical jump i notice only that the gab gets bigger between weel and controller.

Maybe you are really not getting it. Noone got slower ok.

And btw if you are thinking im slow

Spa 1:47,6, interlagos 1:12,2, mount panorama 1:37,6, dragontrail 1.16,1
Suzuka 1:31,6 nürburgring gp 1:31.1 etc.

But hey. If you want we can race a couple laps together and then you can deside i need a pause or not…..

All drivin with real grip and max penaltys.

Attachments

• ABF0C765-B5A7-447A-B40B-E9F2EF44E061.jpeg
    ABF0C765-B5A7-447A-B40B-E9F2EF44E061.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I use 10 sensitivity for all cars. When you first try it it can feel sketchy. But you soon acclimatise.

Fuji has some very technical sections that are difficult with a controller. If you can’t hit the apex quick enough. You can’t get on the power. So lose time.

Although I prefer high downforce cars. I’m always closer to the top players with less grippy machines you can slide & rotate.

Last edited:
I guess I should not start again how I use motion sensor on Dualsense and how after so many attempts of SF19 on Fuji I tried to send shaky sensor steering as bug report...
In my opinion, if there is another racing game where motion sensor steering works without problems, then it should be possible to make it work correctly in gt7... But what do I know...

And there is more.

Tire respond via haptik feedback gone.
Is only suspension and shifting feedback right now.
The feel for grip and weight gone.
No abs tire lokup response gone.

It feels like they switched accidently ps4 and ps5 controller settings.
Rumble to max on ps4 code is neerly undriveable/way to much.
Ps5 code rumble max. is only a little breeze to the hand.

Before that patch i could read the track like a book for blinde people.

Last edited:
And there is more.

Tire respond via haptik feedback gone.
Is only suspension and shifting feedback right now.
The feel for grip and weight gone.
No abs tire lokup response gone.

It feels like they switched accidently ps4 and ps5 controller settings.
Rumble to max on ps4 code is neerly undriveable/way to much.
Ps5 code rumble max. is only a little breeze to the hand.

Before that patch i could read the track like a book for blinde people.
That hasn't been my experience at all. When did you notice the above? I still get haptic feedback for ABS, traction, etc. with my DualSense controller. I was just playing yesterday evening.

Back