Elon's Antics

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 1,363 comments
1726496418675.jpeg

After all the tantrums, Starlink will comply and block X in Brazil as requested by the court.

15 days tops and Musk will fold.
Took him 16 days, but he did. Blocked the fascists accounts and X is looking for a legal representative in Brazil. Hopefully, countries around the world learned the lesson.

In the end, what he managed to accomplish was tarnish X reputation even more and make something like Bluesky a real alternative to X. Absolute genius.

Took him 16 days, but he did. Blocked the fascists accounts and X is looking for a legal representative in Brazil. Hopefully, countries around the world learned the lesson.

In the end, what he managed to accomplish was tarnish X reputation even more and make something like Bluesky a real alternative to X. Absolute genius.
How smart are the lawyers in Brazil and how does the legal system work when it comes to not paying your lawyers in relation to cases in Brazil?

How smart are the lawyers in Brazil and how does the legal system work when it comes to not paying your lawyers in relation to cases in Brazil?
Not a lawyer myself, but there are top notch firms all around. Brazilian society is very litigious, we are conditioned to take the notion of a written law very seriously*. We have a saying here mocking this way of thinking which could be translated to something like "Brazil will become a first world nation, we will pass a law to sort that out". Or "becoming a first world nation by force of a decree". We are that weird.

(I don't mean in the sense that nobody breaks the law. It's like the fact that if there is some law written somewhere, it has a power of its own, like law shapes reality, and not the other way around, as is the case in US, UK and a bunch of other countries where laws are derived from customs). We owe this bizarre way of thinking to our founding myths, all built around positivism.

As penalties for not paying up your lawyers. Well, anything up to asset seizure. Not paying your lawyer is very serious business here, specially very expensive ones, as is everywhere else. In X's case, I can see a law firm doing as the court did and going after Starlink money, for example.

Last edited:
Back