Engine Swaps and bumper kits , stickers , etc.

• Thread starter Nixzn
  • 15 comments
Canada
Canada
Nixzn
I think they should add engine swaps , could make a big impact to the gt5 society, also more freedom on customizing your car , stickers , double paints on car, slammed cars, tire width , etc.

It just makes the dragging community unfair , everyones gunna do that . If they are going put engine swaps on honda it should be only honda engines like b16's, k20's, etc

It just makes the dragging community unfair , everyones gunna do that . If they are going put engine swaps on honda it should be only honda engines like b16's, k20's, etc

This is why rules and regulations were invented.

PD put in a billion different ways to modify content restrictions online in GT5, if they put swaps in, I'm sure they'd give us a way to lock out certain swaps or swaps altogether.

I really do think it's time for PD to allow engine swaps, as well as more body mods. Personalization just gives you that much more attachment to your vehicle, and that's a good thing.

Although it would be nice for some, I don't think it has to be added. Personally, I like to drive most of my cars stock ( with a few tuned exceptions ) ;)
If they do put it in it would be a good thing if the engine swap had its limitations. Otherwise you could, as mentioned above, put an X1 engine in a Civic ( or a Kubelwagen for that matter ).

Otherwise you could, as mentioned above, put an X1 engine in a Civic ( or a Kubelwagen for that matter ).

Which there is no reason to restrict.

This argument is completely unsupported anyway, nor does it even imply anything bad. If people want to put 1500 hp into their FWD economy cars so they can blow smoke while sitting in place, let them.

Which there is no reason to restrict.

This argument is completely unsupported anyway, nor does it even imply anything bad. If people want to put 1500 hp into their FWD economy cars so they can blow smoke while sitting in place, let them.

If they don't restrict it they should put 2 options in the game :
one that includes ripping your chassis to shreds when putting a 1500 bhp engine into your fwd economy car because the car wasn't originally engineered to handle that kind of power, for the sake of realism ( assuming that they would for some reason get past the smoking-stage you just mentioned )
a second option that lets you go bananas and do all kinds of crazy stuff with the engine-swapping.

Then again, if they do decide to put it in the game without any restrictions, which they can because hey, what does my opinion matter in the bigger picture, I'll be fine with that because it's not like they would be forcing me to use it ( I would perhaps try it once, just for sh**s and giggles, got to be fair about that )

Just my personal opinion though, can't stress this enough in order to avoid the fact that some people think I think of myself as the ultimate know-it-all ( and that wasn't directly pointed at you Exorcet, just included it before someone wants to start a bashing session because of what I said ;-) )

I think they should add engine swaps , could make a big impact to the gt5 society, also more freedom on customizing your car , stickers , double paints on car, slammed cars, tire width , etc.

This is fine by me, I don't mind more freedom when it comes to customizing your cars. But if they're going to add engine swaps in GT6, then it needs to be somewhat restricted. Otherwise it's not exactly realistic putting a Tank Car engine into a Midget II, is it? Maybe you can only swap engines for another one that is similar in size.

Engine swaps has a problem. Noobs would but on their civics an X1 engine.:yuck:

If the two engines are a similar size, it shouldn't really be a problem physics-wise. Plus the car wouldn't sound like an X1 because the exhaust and it's shape is one of the biggest factors on what an engine sounds like. But this would also lead into another problem; PD isn't really well known for engine sounds, and if engine swaps are going to be in the next game, then they're going to need to be recording even more sounds and we know that this is clearly not one of PD's strong points :yuck: .

I think that this would be an awesome feature. I'd love to put a K20 in a Civic or a LS1 in a miata. I would also like to see an option to modify your car in the style of hellaflush which would be great for cruise meets and photo mode.

Engine swaps needs some restrictions. Manufacturer-locked engine swaps seem reasonable. Instead of the EG Civic with an X1 engine, it can have a K20 out of a DC5 or something.

Bumper kits and stickers would make a fine addition, but engine swaps need limitations - as in real life you can't fit all engines into k-kars or Minis. Maybe PD should approximately measure the room each car has for the engine and then allow only engines that fit the cars.

Otherwise you could, as mentioned above, put an X1 engine in a Civic ( or a Kubelwagen for that matter ).

Why not Schwimmwagen? It would become Flug- und Schwimmwagen :D

Back