Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 978 comments
So as I mentioned a few days ago. I have not been as active with my tuning recently but I have been creating some cars and will be continuing to do so. I will wait till I have lots completed before publishing them like I have done today. I hope you enjoy the new work and I will get some more finished off as soon as possible.

I have noticed that with all my tunes, the older ones have been affected by PP changes so some will be lower than published, some will be higher. Handling wise they have not been affected but you will need to adjust engine power limiter to get to the desired PP range again. Not a huge fan when PD change PP balance but it has always been this way with GT games.

Any feedback, comments or questions. I will answer as speedily as possible.

Thanks! Are the newest tune somewhat compatible if i don't do the engine swap or is the weight difference or power too significant to suggest that? I'm more into slower cars between 500 and 600 PP and am thinking of downgrading your 700PP tunes via harder tires and less power.

Thanks! Are the newest tune somewhat compatible if i don't do the engine swap or is the weight difference or power too significant to suggest that? I'm more into slower cars between 500 and 600 PP and am thinking of downgrading your 700PP tunes via harder tires and less power.
Not tried them to be honest in the standard versions. Suspension settings will work and make them safe to drive but you would have to play around with the LSD settings to get the correct amount of power/wheel spin balance.

The engine swap cars needed a lot of reigning in due to the torque boost in the engine swap but you can be a little braver in the standard engine with lesser torque to handle.

So as I mentioned a few days ago. I have not been as active with my tuning recently but I have been creating some cars and will be continuing to do so. I will wait till I have lots completed before publishing them like I have done today. I hope you enjoy the new work and I will get some more finished off as soon as possible.

I have noticed that with all my tunes, the older ones have been affected by PP changes so some will be lower than published, some will be higher. Handling wise they have not been affected but you will need to adjust engine power limiter to get to the desired PP range again. Not a huge fan when PD change PP balance but it has always been this way with GT games.

Any feedback, comments or questions. I will answer as speedily as possible.
Thanks and welcome back,Shaun!

Great to see you back, Shaun! Have often enjoyed your tunes.

Just to be clear; have you done all these latest tunes on the 1.49 and 1.50 physics?

Cool. Thanks for clarifying mate. The physics and tyre model have changed significantly with the 1.49 update
Yeah. Handling wise a lot of my old tunes were safe in nature. I still use them in time trials and career races and they still work well for me. The ones that are too far gone get a rework if I can’t drive them like I used to.

I am working on new tunes now and when I have a good amount completed I will upload more.

Yeah. Handling wise a lot of my old tunes were safe in nature. I still use them in time trials and career races and they still work well for me. The ones that are too far gone get a rework if I can’t drive them like I used to.

I am working on new tunes now and when I have a good amount completed I will upload more.
I would like to see a tune for the re-engined Alpine A110 '17. Thank you.

I would like to see a tune for the re-engined Alpine A110 '17. Thank you.
I have a normal alpine and a engine swap alpine which works on short tracks like eiger. The es tune isn’t stable enough for longer high speed tracks but keep it sensible on this weeks one make special and it makes for an easy win. Will upload in a short while.

Alpine A110 '17 600PP

Sports Medium Tyres

A Fun and grippy SM tune for the little Alpine car. Can win on the one make event. I lost because I messed up the last corner but get the corner entries right and you'll have no issues. Engine swap tune also available for this car.

Alpine A110 '17 600PP SM-1.jpg

Alpine A110 '17 600PP SM-2.jpg

Transmission Settings
Set TS to 280
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as per image. (Can be changed for other tracks)

Alpine A110 '17 600PP SM-3.jpg

Alpine A110 '17 600PP SM-4.jpg

Winning race shot

Alpine A110 '17 600PP SM-Winshot.jpg

Alpine A110 '17 737PP (Engine Swap Tune)

Sports Soft Tyres
Engine - GT-R Nismo
Custom parts (see images below)
Sized up wheels

A very fast engine swap tune for the one make event. Not great at other events as car will become unstable at really high speeds. Braking needs to be considered earlier to ensure the back end of the car doesn't become the front end. Really grippy on the low end speed and easy to control when it starts to go sideways.

Alpine A110 '17 737PP SS ES-1.jpg

Alpine A110 '17 737PP SS ES-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 270
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as per image. Can be adjusted for longer tracks but this tune isn't designed for it right now.

Alpine A110 '17 737PP SS ES-3.jpg

Alpine A110 '17 737PP SS ES-4.jpg

Custom parts

Alpine A110 '17 737PP SS ES-5.jpg

Alpine A110 '17 737PP SS ES-6.jpg

Alpine A110 '17 737PP SS ES-7.jpg

Winning race

Alpine A110 '17 737PP SS ES-Winshot.jpg

Back