Fanatec Black Friday 2021 Deals

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 41 comments
The "new" budget fanatec product line is csl. Not csl elite as before. The csl line was with csr and cs back in the years.
They have messed it a bit.

The order is like this

Csl < CSL elite < Clubsport < Podium

Last edited:
The "new" budget fanatec product line is csl. Not csl elite as before. The csl line was with csr and cs back in the years.
They have messed it a bit.

The order is like this

Csl < CSL elite < Clubsport < Podium
Yes your right,think i was mixing the two up,but bottom line is standards are dropping to meet a price

Strongly doubt your wishes come true but Fanatec may have a stronger position with the Gran Turismo partnership (announced some months ago). A man can dream, can’t he?
Thinking about this - is Thrustmaster offering the T-GT base separately by any chance? I can see offers for the T300 and TS-XW bases but not for the official GT model. Might be related to the partnership.

Yes your right,think i was mixing the two up,but bottom line is standards are dropping to meet a price
I don't think so, Fanatec have certainly expanded their CSL lineup, the offerings for which were previously quite thin, but the quality hasn't really dropped. You have the CSL DD, which is a definitive upgrade from the old CSL Elite base; a suite of new rims like the McLaren GT3 v2 (a fan favourite); and the new pedals which are in some ways an upgrade from the old CSL ones, albeit without the all-metal construction and the stiff load cell (I prefer the old one, admittedly).

As for the new BMW rim... I mean I wouldn't buy it personally, but it's basically the P1 with licencing chucked on top of it and dodgy enough graphics -- just a visual refresh. Actually perhaps overdue, I remember it was last year you couldn't actually buy a round rim under £200 until the WRC rim came out.

Having said all this...if they come out on Friday saying this supposed PS/Gran Turismo base is only coming as a big £700+ package I'll edit the above text and damn Fanatec to hell...

Last edited:
Well got to admit that’s great value,wondering what power the DD has as standard
EDIT ok after getting my email its 5 nm standard then 850 euro for 8 nm , nearly a grand for 3pedal load cell upgrade with 8nm , but you can get the starter set for 850 and get it before Xmas ,not that great value after all to me anyway
EDIT 2 looks like you can use it on Xbox with a Xbox wheel attached,better value for those who play both consoles

Last edited:
Well got to admit that’s great value,wondering what power the DD has as standard

EDIT ok after getting my email its 5 nm standard then 850 euro for 8 nm , nearly a grand for 3pedal load cell upgrade with 8nm , but you can get the starter set for 850 and get it before Xmas ,not that great value after all to me anyway
Indeed, well not if you are already "in" the Fanatec ecosystem. This actually has me wondering, can you get a DD1 to run convincingly on PS5 with a drivehub? Might have to look into that instead.

Personally don't like that rim either, it looks like a toy.

Yeah agree,rim seems abit naff to me as well ,but it all depends where you are in the system,i ordered the v3s inverted pedals last night and they are 600 alone,personally would steer clear of drive hub option,people always seem to have troubles and hassles in that thread

i ordered the v3s inverted pedals last night and they are 600 alone
The v3i will deliver more than any wheel base can! Well done. I just ask one favor. Once you start using them, make yourself explore the upper limits of the 90kg (200 lb.) load cell. Just about everybody that came from less expensive pedals, uses low settings for full brake. That’s like buying a new TV and leaving the remote in the drawer cause you don’t want to drain the AA batteries!

The v3i will deliver more than any wheel base can! Well done. I just ask one favor. Once you start using them, make yourself explore the upper limits of the 90kg (200 lb.) load cell. Just about everybody that came from less expensive pedals, uses low settings for full brake. That’s like buying a new TV and leaving the remote in the drawer cause you don’t want to drain the AA batteries!
Yes that’s my thinking exactly,the pedals will do more for me than the dd,especially as i love driving the old school cars in dirt 2,assetto corsa and recently wrc10 more than the modern cars, i will order the dd at some point tho

Back