Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base Belt Tensioners Mod(Update)

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 45 comments
Do you have a caliper to measure the diameter of the shaft and where the bearing gets stuck, at the beginning of the shaft or at the channel for the circlip?
I think at the channel for the circlip. The shaft is 6mm dead. The bearing is 5.95mm or something.

CSL Elite without belt tensioners mod:

I had to drill new holes next to the original ones and move the motor 3.5mm to the right. This leads to a higher belt tension and the distance should be reduced to 2.5mm.

dsc00044-jpg.870019

I haven't tested it yet, probably next week.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the problem is.

The wheel is not detected by Windows or in the Fanatec control panel.
The wheel once completed the calibration out of 20 tries and works. And I was able to test the FFB in the Fanatec control panel but after switching off and on the wheel the problem came up again.

The wheel once completed the calibration out of 20 tries and works. And I was able to test the FFB in the Fanatec control panel but after switching off and on the wheel the problem came up again.

That's unfortunate :(. Hopefully you can find the problem. :)

I will give you advice! as the shaft reaches the stopping point, grab it and twist it with your hands as slowly as it would spin itself, there is a chance that it will help!

I don't know how but the wheel is alive again!
Thanks for the support guys!:) 👍

After a short first test with the same belt tension as before the friction feels slightly lower, a more in-depth test needs to be done.

really looking forward to details about the work.
I did a detailed test today. There is a slight decrease in the friction which leads to slightly more details in the FFB(mostly over curbs) but the improvement is very small and it's not worth the risk of breaking my wheel.

I did a detailed test today. There is a slight decrease in the friction which leads to slightly more details in the FFB(mostly over curbs) but the improvement is very small and it's not worth the risk of breaking my wheel.
understood thanks! and anything known about the updated CSL V1.1
they were supposed to increase the rollers in order to avoid rattling

Guys bigger pulleys = more whining even 1mm bigger.

I use mine with the top one 1mm bigger. With this pulley i can use fei at 60 or 70 on gtsport instead of 40.

Back