Fanatec acquired by Corsair

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 235 comments
I would love to upgrade my gear and get the V3 pedals. Is there any chance we get some black Friday discounts with this insolvency going on? I didn’t read too much about the situation, too confusing for me

I would love to upgrade my gear and get the V3 pedals. Is there any chance we get some black Friday discounts with this insolvency going on? I didn’t read too much about the situation, too confusing for me
They will probably give some discounts, but for me it won't be much.

No one knows at the moment. The company is up for sale, the deadline for offers ended a few weeks ago and are most likely currently in the process of being checked and negotiated.
At the moment they are most likely only selling stuff they have available in their warehouses and already have a few articles out of stock. There were reports of the manufacturers/suppliers in China going on strike, so it's likely they are currently not receiving any new shipments at all (or only if paid fully in advance). So I doubt there are any big sales coming up (except for a clearance sale if for some reason no one buys the company and they do go bankrupt) - especially with the disastrous Black Friday last year.

And if they get bought out, almost anything is possble.

Is anyone fluent enough with German insolvency laws to know if this liquidation: "Endor AG will be fully liquidated as part of the insolvency proceedings and its stock market listing will be terminated shortly. Shareholders should expect not to receive any payments"
Means Fanatec products ( support, i.e. drivers, warranties, etc) are to be taken over by Corsair too, or if they also get rid of all responsibilities towards current Fanatec product owners that way (and essentially just keep the brand name, and the employees to form the new Corsair brand) ?
If it's the later, they'd be burning a lot of customer bridges right there and I doubt very few Fanatec owners, of which there is a fair lot, would touch Corsair with a ten-foot-pole ever again.

Curious how this will play out. But I'd assume there's going to be some press releases to follow now.

Is anyone fluent enough with German insolvency laws to know if this liquidation: "Endor AG will be fully liquidated as part of the insolvency proceedings and its stock market listing will be terminated shortly. Shareholders should expect not to receive any payments"
Means Fanatec products ( support, i.e. drivers, warranties, etc) are to be taken over by Corsair too, or if they also get rid of all responsibilities towards current Fanatec product owners that way (and essentially just keep the brand name, and the employees to form the new Corsair brand) ?
If it's the later, they'd be burning a lot of customer bridges right there and I doubt very few Fanatec owners, of which there is a fair lot, would touch Corsair with a ten-foot-pole ever again.

Curious how this will play out. But I'd assume there's going to be some press releases to follow now.
I tried to Google a bit but couldn't find anything specific to that. The only legal obligation they would have is the warranty anyway, there's no legal obligation to create new drivers. But given laws are usually rather consumer friendly in this case, I would expect that any warranty claims have to be taken over by Corsair.

Then again, it would be very stupid from Corsair to leave the existing customer base hanging. For now I expect that operations will resume as before, with the old devs being taken over continuing to create new drivers and updates. At least in the short-tern. Who knows what will happen in the long term. They will probably get fully merged into Corsair at some point.

I'm currently more interested in the brand name "Fanatec", since from what was said some time ago, that actually belongs to Jackermeier and not to Endor. So unless they make a deal, they won't be able to sell stuff under the Fanatec brand, including what's left in stock.

Only lawyers will be qualified enough to give you a "real" answer :D
The german page of endors press release says that Corsair got an asset deal. Asset deals (according to google) include all the inventory/machinery, rights and intellectual property (can include software)/patents. Especially the last one could be of interest for corsair and "developing" new products...

Edit: add links to press releases
German press release: https://endor.ag/2024/09/13/endor-ag-stellt-insolvenzantrag-3/
English press release: https://endor.ag/2024/09/13/endor-ags-business-is-taken-over-by-corsair/?lang=en

Last edited:
So brutal for share holders and founder
Left with nothing
A joke
Sony should have done something, banks and corporations win again as usual
The founder ran his company into the ground and the shareholders at this point were mostly meme-stock speculators. The employees still have their jobs and that's what people should actually care about.

Sony should have done something,
This statement makes no sense. Why should Sony care? Sony's only goal is to make money for its shareholders. Sony isn't affected by this situation and already made their money off of Fanatec - a deal that was probably another nail in Endor/Fanatec's coffin - and could care less if Fanatec stayed solvent. It may have even benefited Sony for Fanatec to go down because then Sony may be able to resell the "official GT7 wheel" license to another manufacturer.

At the end of the day, the fault lies with Thomas, his champagne taste and beer budget, and his board that didn't rein him in.

Last edited:
return of the jedi GIF by Star Wars

Corsair cant wait to put all those RGBs on your wheels and pedals :P
If I find out that I have to use iCue for the software updates, I'm jumping out of a window....

Seems like the best possible outcome for consumers to me.
Agreed. I'm glad it's in the hands of a stable company. And a company that specializes in PC components.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. It's literally a 50/50 split between said banks and said corporations winning or losing. Asking Sony to do something is like asking Ford to help you with your mortgage payment because you're about to lose your house....

Corporate coops and financier vultures will ensure there is no more soul or passion to lead the market. It was a good run... I have orders from over 15 years ago when the order numbers where just a few digits long. It goes to show how easily misinformation campaigns in forums manipulate everything when AI article writing takes reddit posts as gospel.

Competitors see this (/are doing this) and it likely will be quite nasty till it gets absolutely untenable and long overdue regulations for identity verification and fact validity is required. But would there be anything that could be reported on anymore other than official public filings and rulings?

What you did there man of indigo...I see it...

...And what exactly could they have done? Why Sony specifically even?

Corporate coops and financier vultures will ensure there is no more soul or passion to lead the market. It was a good run... I have orders from over 15 years ago when the order numbers where just a few digits long. It goes to show how easily misinformation campaigns in forums manipulate everything when AI article writing takes reddit posts as gospel.

Competitors see this (/are doing this) and it likely will be quite nasty till it gets absolutely untenable and long overdue regulations for identity verification and fact validity is required. But would there be anything that could be reported on anymore other than official public filings and rulings?
I'm trying to decipher what you're talking about in here, but it sounds like you're blaming competitive corporations for the downfall of Fanatec? I'm not sure what misinformation you're referencing, but TJ went on a rant, publicly trying to blame everyone else for the fall of the company. I can think of 2 people that do this daily on social media. One owns the largest EV company in the world, and the other one has half of the USA brainwashed into thinking he's sane enough to be president again, after recently being shot at...

While I do believe that the new management drove the company into the ground on purpose to allow Corsair in, it would not have been possible/necessary if the previous management had done their job correctly. All of this mess was avoidable.

768039BD-5FC9-429B-B8DF-F03ABB8AB045.jpeg

Back