Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 1,034 comments
I played only a short amount of time early today (in offline mode) using the Mazda RX Vision GT3. It definitely changed a lot, but with my settings it still felt good after cranking the FFB up from 60 to 80. 100 was too strong for me with my settings. I'll probably increase it a bit from 80 later on.
The Auto setup really isn't good, I agree with that.

However, it's nowhere near as week as 1.15 was.
I read elsewhere that the extremely weak FFB on Super Formula might be a bug, will test other cars later.

Last edited:
I noticed that when I take very tight turns like Rivage at Spa (T8), my steering wheel (DD+) rattles a lot, which is very very unpleasant. The only way I found to limit this effect is to increase Interpolation settings to 6 or 7, but I lose a lot of details and get quite strong oscillations in a straight line. Do you have any idea of the best settings for the DD+ with the 1.49 update?

I read elsewhere that the extremely weak FFB on Super Formula might be a bug, will test other cars later.
Maybe the Super Formula was added to the few cars that do have the less powerful FFB setting? Like the Tomahawk. They still have the 1.15 level of force (since those cars were the actual reason for the 1.15 reduction in the first place)

I can’t upshift in corners. New Ferrari F430 Scuderia ‘07 (has mods) on the new Monza “Ferrari Circuit Challenge” single player race.

It just ignores right shifter paddle until wheel is almost straight. Never a problem before this update. 🤷‍♂️

BWX
I can’t upshift in corners. New Ferrari F430 Scuderia ‘07 (has mods) on the new Monza “Ferrari Circuit Challenge” single player race.

It just ignores right shifter paddle until wheel is almost straight. Never a problem before this update. 🤷‍♂️
Are you sure it’s not that you can’t up shift without giving it some gas? I think that’s just the F1 style “automatic manual” sequential transmission for that particular car.

Are you sure it’s not that you can’t up shift without giving it some gas? I think that’s just the F1 style “automatic manual” sequential transmission for that particular car.
Yeah I was just experimenting, and came back to post that I can upshift if I’m on throttle. Never noticed that in any car before! Glad it’s a game mechanic and not a bug.

I mean, reading and watching streamers playing it seems that PD changed the FFB in a way that you guys with the DD Extreme can counter by raising the wheels FFB.

I'm on the Pro and already have mine at 100 and can't go any higher and it still feels way too weak even with in game at 10/10

I noticed that when I take very tight turns like Rivage at Spa (T8), my steering wheel (DD+) rattles a lot, which is very very unpleasant. The only way I found to limit this effect is to increase Interpolation settings to 6 or 7, but I lose a lot of details and get quite strong oscillations in a straight line. Do you have any idea of the best settings for the DD+ with the 1.49 update?
Yeah it's the same for me. The understeer vibration was there before too but this is so bad now, I had to stop the Eiger Time Trial because I'm sure if I had continued my neighbors would have complained soon.

Turn up INT. That muffles it a bit

I kept the in-game setting at 3-4 and now 6-7 feels comparable to that, depending on the car.

Most of the information I want is coming through already but I'm sure it will benefit from some fine tuning in the wheel base settings.

The craziest force feedback change is the way downforce increases the steering weight so dramatically. Driving the SF23 was wild. Feels like a road car in second gear and an LMP in 6th. It's kind of awesome to be able to feel how much aerodynamic grip you have.

Just had my first soft disconnect or "freeze" on my new replacement GT DD X wheelbase which has run flawlessly since I got it. Was using PSVR2 on Eiger in that single player rally car 10 lap race. I thought new wheelbase fixed it completely but I guess not.

I had FFB on 80 on the wheel and 3 torque /10 sensitivity in game. I had torque up to 5 before testing FFB out and it didn't freeze.

I think I pretty much always have sensitivity on 10 when it freezes, and then I turn it down to 9 and it's usually fine. That was on my OG wheelbase before replacement.

On wheel:

SEN AUTO
FFB 80
FUL OFF
NDP 25
NFR OFF
NIN OFF
INT 5
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 50 -was testing, it's usually OFF
DPR 50 -was testing, it's usually OFF

So that freaking sucks donkey balls. 🤷‍♂️

OK its noticeably different and “weaker”. But the overall feel is improved IMO after adjustments

So only just an hour on it using the DD+ I upped my overall FFB from 75 to 80, in game torque 3 to 4 (not sure where it clips now) sens still at 7, lowered NDP to 13 and kept INT at 8. Overall I find it a lot better on weight transfer and suspension movement. I think weight on wheels is the noticeable effect regarding the lower overall FF strength/feel. SF23 at Atlanta was really amazing. Tires are different, but too soon for much more to say

Damping has been upped in game so for more feel lower NDP so it just oscillates a little. Too low INT is more noise then detail. Did not feel understeer judder was noticeably worse - w my settings its not annoying me

On a DD Pro 5nm you will not be happy. The 8 is probably barely enough as 12+ now seems best. No Fullforce yet 😢

PS tried using the Auto setting on the wheel. Better than before but kinda numb - probably too much NDP

Last edited:
Has anyone bothered trying the auto (A_S) settings on the base?

I gave it a go with in game torque at 8 and sensitivity at 1 and actually thought it was pretty good.........

I gave it a go with in game torque at 8 and sensitivity at 1 and actually thought it was pretty good.........
Yes its not bad for starters but you can tune it better

It seems like maybe the in-game Max Torque setting is now a percentage of the max torque of that wheel base. It's the only thing that makes sense given the feedback of both Fanatec and Logitech users. This item from the patch notes would also support that: "The force feedback algorithm has been adjusted, allowing devices to use their full torque range." So, is Max Torque 8 now like running the base at 12NM? I didn't have time to do a thorough evaluation to see if it's clipping at 8 but, using my old settings with nothing changing except Max Torque 5->8 actually felt pretty decent.

These are the settings applied in A_S, the torque is 9Nm as you can see.

DSC01745.JPG

Last edited:
The biggest issue I've had so far is the massive difference in FFB and steering resistance (force required to turn) between the different car classes. Road cars barely have any resistance whereas a group 1 car is very heavy to turn in comparison. A bit more equality would be nice.
Also not really a fan of the FFB and physics changes at the same time. It will require quite some amount to find the sweetspot now...

Hey folks,
So after a long day of driving for almost 1000km today, I would put it this way.
Phenomenal.
This update is the best imo so far.
PD have definitely stepped up the driving experience.
Suspension, Tires and overall FFB just feel awesome.
Especially low speed traction has been greatly improved.
The Cars feel less robotic.
It feels as if the FFB Bitrate has been doubled.
Like going from 30fps to 60fps.
The whole driving process feels way more fluid.
Tires have a very natural grip progression.
The Suspension gives excellent road surface detail.
Mechanical as well as aerodynamic grip feels highly improved.
And the FFB just feels so connected to the car.
Very intuitive and comprehensible.
It's a pure joy to drive.
To me this is the best a GT game has ever felt.
Great work PD.
I'm very impressed.

Hey folks,
So after a long day of driving for almost 1000km today, I would put it this way.
Phenomenal.
Great work PD.
I'm very impressed.
It's not Oktoberfest just yet so easy with the beer my german friend.
The FFB in this update reminds me of 1.15.
As in crap.

Hey folks,
Phenomenal.
Great work PD.
I'm very impressed.
Really? Can you share your new FFB settings?

Hey folks,
Phenomenal.
Great work PD.
I'm very impressed.
I'm really enjoying it too, and in particular as you mentioned the low speed grip and the the dynamic between the low and high speed aero feel on the wheel. Did you make any adjustments to your wheelbase settings yet? I LOVED your settings before but I'm guessing they could be better optimized now.

Hey folks,
Phenomenal.
Great work PD.
I'm very impressed.
Yeah, once I figured out how to make the FFB settings work right, the new physics felt great. I've only driven a single car for the last month or so and after this update it gained 18PP but I shaved a full 2 seconds off my Spa lap times after about 10 laps of practice. You definitely have to be a bit more careful on entry curbs but otherwise things feel great.

Curious to see what settings you land on for 1.49. I really enjoyed your previous settings and my tweaking today didn't quite get it back to that level.

PD really needs to release a video detailing their FFB implementation. It's insane that everyone (even the Logitech rep) is scrambling to figure this crap out lol.
Hey folks,
Phenomenal.
Great work PD.
I'm very impressed.
I came home after reading all the doom and gloom from today and feel the same way. It's a positive step forward, absolutely. I'm on a DD Pro and came away satisfied.

It's not Oktoberfest just yet so easy with the beer my german friend.
The FFB in this update reminds me of 1.15.
As in crap.
I can guarantee and assure you that no psychoactive substances have led me to my conclusion.
No issues FFB wise on my end.
Really? Can you share your new FFB settings?
They are the same as before and as already mentioned in @Jordan article.

I'm really enjoying it too, and in particular as you mentioned the low speed grip and the the dynamic between the low and high speed aero feel on the wheel. Did you make any adjustments to your wheelbase settings yet? I LOVED your settings before but I'm guessing they could be better optimized now.
No adjustments needed.
I'm using the aforementioned Settings.
I think the only difference is NDP which I increased to 28.
I did that a while ago.
BTW, PDs' newly optimized and used as the default A. S Settings on the DD+ are basically almost identical to the settings mentioned in the Article by @Jordan.
The Main difference is the Wheelbase FFB which should always be set to 100%.

No adjustments needed.
What firmware are you running? On 455 the difference in FFB is extreme unless you turn the in-game Max Torque up to about 8. It's not a small difference, it's utterly undriveable junk without that change. With that change it feels pretty good though.

Maybe the Super Formula was added to the few cars that do have the less powerful FFB setting? Like the Tomahawk. They still have the 1.15 level of force (since those cars were the actual reason for the 1.15 reduction in the first place)
I tested more cars and the extremely weak FFB was indeed very likely a bug. Most other cars I test drives do feel pretty good, just not the SF23, which always feels like driving on ice😅

I can guarantee and assure you that no psychoactive substances have led me to my conclusion.
No issues FFB wise on my end.

They are the same as before and as already mentioned in @Jordan article.

No adjustments needed.
I did that a while ago.
BTW, PDs' newly optimized and used as the default A. S Settings on the DD+ are basically almost identical to the settings mentioned in the Article by @Jordan.
The Main difference is the Wheelbase FFB which should always be set to 100%.
Thanks, I'll give your settings a try. Mine are somewhat similar but not the same. The biggest issue I've had so far was the difference between the different car classes. Group 1 are much heavier to turn and have way more FFB than e.g. road cars.
Do you maybe also have a tip to reduce the understeer vibration?
In the new Subaru Eiger Time Trial the vibration is so massive I had to turn INT up so much that a lot of feeling was lost. Since I have a wooden floor the vibration spreads everywhere, even though I have two layers of dampening stuff underneath my rig

Back