Fastest GR3 around The Ring?

The Ring is my favorite track, and the GR3 cars are just fast enough, but not too fast. I've been using the Porsche RSR, sticks pretty well. What's your favorite GR3 car/tune to run The Ring with? Are all the GR3 cars pretty much the same once you max their power and lower the weight? The seem very much so.

Porche-911-RSR-2-Gran-Turismo-Sport-X3.jpg

I also go with the Lexus RC-F '17. I may not be anywhere close to Alphas speed but its the car that I set my personal best in and keep improving with at the 'Ring. Not really found it to be faster than other cars elsewhere though curiously enough.

Last time it was on the dailies the Peugeot VGT dominated the leaderboards, though personally I like it best with the RC F '17 :) I just love that car anywhere and everywhere

Apparently the Peugeot isn't a GR3, it's a GRx, so it's not available in the Amateur Series GR3 Ring race, which is my favorite. All the GR3 cars are pretty much the same spec, about 700 hp and 2400 lbs, just wanting to know which one handled the best, etc.

I really like the AMG GT3 around the 'Ring. I use BoP and standard tuning though. The car is VERY stable and planted everywhere. Probably my favorite Gr.3 car overall to be honest.

Apparently the Peugeot isn't a GR3, it's a GRx, so it's not available in the Amateur Series GR3 Ring race, which is my favorite. All the GR3 cars are pretty much the same spec, about 700 hp and 2400 lbs, just wanting to know which one handled the best, etc.

There is a Peugot VGT Gr.3. You probably don't own it.

Anyway, it just got nerfed in the last BoP update so probably not the Pug. Unless you're going fully modified.

What tune do you guys prefer with the RC-F?
Like Lebowski, I go stock with that car
There's a Gr. 3 version of the VGT. Ah, for the record as well, I'm basing what I say based from Sport mode so it's not a 700hp 2400lb monster I'm talking about, they're BoP'd :)
Like ARTAsean said though, the VGT got a power nerf this update, so my guess is that the Ford GT will next dominate the leaderboards

Hey pal.

Just use the BMW M3 GT '11. Leave it alone, and run it.

No surprise you like this car, it's fast (3 mph faster on the top end), light (feeling), twitchy (like it's an E36), and just very loose feeling. The car feels like it's wearing 225 series tires when the RSR is wearing 325's. No doubt it's faster in your hands, but being much less confidence inspiring it was slower for me. It also suffers from what a lot of GTS cars suffer from (not exactly sure why), which is initial throttle instability, so I had to use TC3, whereas I use TC2 with the RSR.

My changes to all these stock GR3 cars are the same.

All lightness
All power
TC2
Racing Soft tires
All downforce
Diff @ 20/5/20
Trans fully custom with just the top speed changed to 193 mph

I do a 6:21 in the RSR, 6:26 in the M3. I'm betting with the same settings you'd do a 6:14. You should try it.

With bop the best cars for nordschleife are: Ford GT,Amg,Supra,Mustang,Jaguar
All cars, with good acceleration and max speed.

My best with the M3 is 6:44.7 but that is totally stock using racing softs. I'm a D rated driver too so it's probably not the best time to judge upon haha!

Last edited:
No surprise you like this car, it's fast (3 mph faster on the top end), light (feeling), twitchy (like it's an E36), and just very loose feeling. The car feels like it's wearing 225 series tires when the RSR is wearing 325's. No doubt it's faster in your hands, but being much less confidence inspiring it was slower for me. It also suffers from what a lot of GTS cars suffer from (not exactly sure why), which is initial throttle instability, so I had to use TC3, whereas I use TC2 with the RSR.

My changes to all these stock GR3 cars are the same.

All lightness
All power
TC2
Racing Soft tires
All downforce
Diff @ 20/5/20
Trans fully custom with just the top speed changed to 193 mph

I do a 6:21 in the RSR, 6:26 in the M3. I'm betting with the same settings you'd do a 6:14. You should try it.
All downforce is not good for Nordschleife!!

I tried them all today, the porsche is one of the slowest with bop.

What is "bop", and what downforce should I be using?

I'd like to see the results :D

Tried my hand at this. Max power, min weight, no tune (mostly because I dunno how to :lol:), and RS in the RC F '17. Got a 6:13.677 :D

This car was too slippery for me, every time I touched the rumble-strip the car wanted to get away from me. 6:13 is smoking, great time man.

What is "bop", and what downforce should I be using?

This car was too slippery for me, every time I touched the rumble-strip the car wanted to get away from me. 6:13 is smoking, great time man.
Thanks! :)

If you go to the car settings, you'll see below that there's an option called "Balance of Performance" just below the car icon. It's set to "Off", but you can select it and turn it on. Most of the time people don't use tunes if they turn on BoP, but you can still do so if you want. RH is also the norm :)

In stock without bop the bmw m6 GT3 and viper gt3 are some of the fastest ones. I ran a 6:30 in both of them using the tune that comes stock with the car only changing tires to softs. The gt3 cars that sit around the 500 to 550bhp Mark in stock form without bop run high 6:30s low 6:40s.

In stock without bop the bmw m6 GT3 and viper gt3 are some of the fastest ones. I ran a 6:30 in both of them using the tune that comes stock with the car only changing tires to softs. The gt3 cars that sit around the 500 to 550bhp Mark in stock form without bop run high 6:30s low 6:40s.
If you don't upgrade the power and lower the weight the Viper's really really overpowered. It pretty much has the power of an maxxed out Gr. 3

If you go to the car settings, you'll see below that there's an option called "Balance of Performance" just below the car icon. It's set to "Off", but you can select it and turn it on. Most of the time people don't use tunes if they turn on BoP, but you can still do so if you want. RH is also the norm :)

So this BOP gives the car more performance? Is it novice players that use it? I'm not really understanding what it does. The cars in GTS are so much better right from the start that I don't use tunes that much, just adjust the diff and trans a bit here and there. Is this BOP something I should be using?

Cheers for the info, never even heard of it.

I really like the AMG GT3 around the 'Ring. I use BoP and standard tuning though. The car is VERY stable and planted everywhere. Probably my favorite Gr.3 car overall to be honest.

Interesting, I can't stand the AMG cars. Their back end always seemed inconsistently twitchy on the oversteer. Sometimes when I try to Scandinavian Whip the thing I just do a 360 instead.

How do you set your brake balance for the car?

Asking 'what is the fastest car at the ring' is a redundant question.

It depends 100% on the driver of the car and what their driving style is. Then factor in the tune, the hardware being used to play the game and suddenly there's so many variables it's unreal.

Stop chasing an easy win and put the time in - you'll be better off the back of it.

Interesting, I can't stand the AMG cars. Their back end always seemed inconsistently twitchy on the oversteer. Sometimes when I try to Scandinavian Whip the thing I just do a 360 instead.

How do you set your brake balance for the car?
I've never had any issues with the AMG GT3. The SLS will understeer like a mother though. I usually run 1 or 2 brake bias to the front of the car. Everything else I leave stock

Back