FAUX-CAR (Replicas) - The good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter PAPAOSA
  • 94 comments
Don't know anything about this, just found some old photos in my photobucket.
web.jpg

Csp_AlfaDaewo1.jpg

Csp_AlfaDaewo3.jpg

Thats a bad questionable modifications.
đź‘Ž

Seat maybe

I just noticed something....where there looks to be a grille, there isn't one. How is the engine supposed to cope?

It say GT-K, as in Honda S2K.
And I think it's supposed to be a Brera.

Nope...think more the double meaning of "K". How would you spell it out? K.e.i. Now you have more to work on. If you really need help, look how small it is compared to the people.

This one from Cars Inc.​

wallpaper.jpg

Cars.Inc
For over 30 years CARS Inc. has been reproducing sheetmetal, parts, and hand-sewn interiors for some of the most famous Chevrolets - including the 1957 Chevy Bel Air Convertible.
The first part that CARS Inc. offered was a simple emblem, but over time CARS Inc. added many more items to enable people to restore their own classic Chevys - since most of these parts were no longer available from GM - or from anywhere else.
As the years rolled by, more and more items for the 1957 Chevy became available as reproduction parts. Today, the items you would need to build a 1957 Chevy are all available - and that is why we at CARS Inc. have decided to offer a complete 1957 Chevy Convertible body (entire car also available).

57Cowl.png

The “core” of the car is an original ‘57 cowl section, but the rest of the car is made with exact reproduction sheetmetal that has been engineered to fit and last for generations to come.
We hope you will take advantage of this unique opportunity to own your American Icon - a 1957 Chevy

BODY on chassis - this is the above mentioned body that is “married” to either an original 1957 Chevy steel frame, or to a modern Art Morrison chassis.

tri5photoBA.jpg

wallpaper2.jpg

The '57 is entirely overrated, and perhaps one of the most lauded cars in the classic car scene...simply because you could've done much, much better in that year. The Chevy was the cheap-ass option, an the only reason it became famous is because kids took it and tuned 'em...

How about this? It's not bad...

51719_izaporschecarreragt.jpg

I had to actually compare it to an actual photo of a Carrera GT to make sure it was a replica.

Now this is cool. Is it a Z8? Or not?
bmw_z8_replica_z4_0.jpg

It's actually based on a Z4.

Why, oh, why...
Lamborghini-Solstice-kit-car.jpg

Based on a Pontiac Solstice.
Eww.

Isnt' that GT-R a Cappuccino? I like it. I don't think it's supposed to fool anyone, just be a mini GT-R looking thing. I'd take it over a regular Cappuccino.

Isnt' that GT-R a Cappuccino? I like it. I don't think it's supposed to fool anyone, just be a mini GT-R looking thing. I'd take it over a regular Cappuccino.
I like a car that's what it is, not one pretending to be something else.

Last edited:

Whats wrong with the regular Cappuccino? I don't have a problem with replica cars that are built from the ground up like a kit car but, trying to fool people into thinking you have a Ferrari 355, when instead you have a Pontiac Fiero, is just plain wrong. I myself wouldn't mind have a replica of a Shelby Daytona, as long as it a kit car and not a hacked up Miata.

240Z>Toyota 2000GT

dba177c4.jpg
9b1f0dea.jpg

Carscoop
Tokyo Salon 2009, Mr. Makoto Kobayash and his company Road Star Garage from Aichi, Japan, launched their latest Toyota 2000GT replica, this time based on the 1970's Datsun Fairlady Z S30 - known in most markets as the 240Z and later as 260Z and 280Z. Whereas the original 1965 Toyota 2000GT used a 2.0-liter, naturally aspirated, straight six producing around 150HP, Road Star Garage fitted the replica with a Nissan Skyline GT-R derived and NISMO prepped, twin-turbocharged RB26 N1 six-cylinder unit.

Mmmmm ....:odd:

Whats wrong with the regular Cappuccino? I don't have a problem with replica cars that are built from the ground up like a kit car but, trying to fool people into thinking you have a Ferrari 355, when instead you have a Pontiac Fiero, is just plain wrong. I myself wouldn't mind have a replica of a Shelby Daytona, as long as it a kit car and not a hacked up Miata.

You sure about that? One of those killed THE Australian racing legend in a tarmac rally. If he couldn't hold it, I don't think anyone could.

But it would be nice though hahah

EDIT: There is HUGE irony in that 240>2000GT replica - so much so that it makes me laugh:lol:

If anyone has typed "Lamborghini Countach" or "Lamborghini Diablo" into Ebay Motors they would understand why I really do not like replicas.

Oh come on does anyone really think that Cappuccino is supposed to fool people into thinking it's a GT-R? The regular Cappuccino is great and looks at least as good, but I'd rather have a mini-GT-R... kei GT-R FTW!:D

does anyone else think that 240>2000GT is a really ironic thing or am I being silly?

I was baffled at first when I saw this in person:
DSC02027.jpg

but then it's actually not bad considering how rare 2000GTs are.

This is more ironic IMO (it's real):

DSC02098.jpg

DSC02097.jpg

I did precisely that. No replicas came up.

:lol: All it needs is a paint job in black.
Check again. Unless they updated it from 2 days ago when you search for the Countach more than half are replicas and there are a few replicas for the Diablo.

Don't know anything about this, just found some old photos in my photobucket.
web.jpg

I posted that car on the questionable mods thread a while ago, it's it was a Daewoo Nexia. Now, Alfa Brera.

As for replicas, sometimes they can be very helpful. How else would anyone ever get to see this car up close again?

img00071.jpg

img0143.jpg

img0152j.jpg

đź‘Ť

EDIT: Sorry for the pic size, I had those in my HDD and didn't check before posting.

I was baffled at first when I saw this in person:
DSC02027.jpg

but then it's actually not bad considering how rare 2000GTs are.

This is more ironic IMO (it's real):

DSC02098.jpg

DSC02097.jpg

That GTR's awesome.

No, the reason why it's ironic that a 240 should turn into a 2000GT is that the design first went to Nissan for the 2000GT and they rejected it, so they went to Toyota. Nissan thought they were too good for that design and now their own cars are being turned into the design that they rejected.
And we all know turning you car into something else represents the fact that you think the car being replicated is a far better car than the donor car.

Ah the irony

No, the reason why it's ironic that a 240 should turn into a 2000GT is that the design first went to Nissan for the 2000GT and they rejected it, so they went to Toyota. Nissan thought they were too good for that design and now their own cars are being turned into the design that they rejected.
And we all know turning you car into something else represents the fact that you think the car being replicated is a far better car than the donor car.
Ah the irony

Ah didn't know that! As much as I love the 240z, seeing the 2000gt a few times in person really made me appreciate it so much more, guess Nissan lost out! thanks for the info :)

Back